Author Topic: Spontaneous Dinosaur Spawning??  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Spontaneous Dinosaur Spawning??
« on: June 22, 2006, 09:57:29 PM »
I'm running ZT1 with Marine Mania and Dinosaur Digs expansion packs on Windows 98 SE.

Another interesting novelty to ponder, I'm afraid. In a certain zoo of mine, I have a fairly large tank that holds Bluefin Tuna. There are nine Tuna in the tank. There is a filter properly attached. A few minutes ago, I noticed that the water was getting murky rather  faster than usual, which I attributed to the large number of animals. I have no reason to doubt this yet. But here's the weird part: I scrolled away to tend to another exhibit and got this message:

"Tyrannosaurus rex 1 doesn't like its exhibit"

There was a T-Rex in my Tuna tank. I quickly grabbed it and built it an exhibit, but I have no idea why it suddenly appeared in a tank!

Repeat with a Stegosaurus and a Kentrosaurus, each a few minutes later than the previous one. Does anyone know why on earth these dinosaurs would spontaneously create themselves, and in a tank -- the same one each time -- to boot? It seems to have stopped now, as it's been ten minutes or so since the Kentrosaurus.

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
T rex can swim?
Anyway, I once got geyser water spewing out of somewhere the geyser was not in.

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:15:59 AM »
Mabey you built your tuna tank over a time machine? Or mabey its a glitch.

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »
Most Likely a glitch

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 01:51:39 AM »
No known causes? All right, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with that. Thanks, all.

Offline jbl

• Zookeeper
    • http://users.pandora.be/toolss/ZTSectie
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 06:12:27 AM »
i got a similar glitch a while ago (well, don't play ZT1 anymore)
suddenly out of nowhere, a (young?) Coelophysis (or whatever) was standing on the water of my tank ....

didn't have any user made downloads, so that couldn't have been the problem.

Offline strangeguy32000

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 10:41:44 AM »
Maybe a mis-coded area of the game, an error on Blue Fang's part

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 11:28:09 AM »
Quote from: Artemis
I'm running ZT1 with Marine Mania and Dinosaur Digs expansion packs on Windows 98 SE.

Another interesting novelty to ponder, I'm afraid. In a certain zoo of mine, I have a fairly large tank that holds Bluefin Tuna. There are nine Tuna in the tank. There is a filter properly attached. A few minutes ago, I noticed that the water was getting murky rather  faster than usual, which I attributed to the large number of animals. I have no reason to doubt this yet. But here's the weird part: I scrolled away to tend to another exhibit and got this message:

"Tyrannosaurus rex 1 doesn't like its exhibit"

There was a T-Rex in my Tuna tank. I quickly grabbed it and built it an exhibit, but I have no idea why it suddenly appeared in a tank!

Repeat with a Stegosaurus and a Kentrosaurus, each a few minutes later than the previous one. Does anyone know why on earth these dinosaurs would spontaneously create themselves, and in a tank -- the same one each time -- to boot? It seems to have stopped now, as it's been ten minutes or so since the Kentrosaurus.

what map ere you on?:huh:

Offline Artemis

• Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 01:30:56 PM »
jbl, were you using any of the scientist-renaming cheats? I had "Eggman" and "Dr. Frankenstein," though neither appeared to be working anyway. Could it be that one of those was screwing up the dinosaurs somehow?

supremeruler77: Large Grass, all research completed, all objects available.

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »
Quote from: Artemis
jbl, were you using any of the scientist-renaming cheats? I had "Eggman" and "Dr. Frankenstein," though neither appeared to be working anyway. Could it be that one of those was screwing up the dinosaurs somehow?

The Frankenstein changes any animal that is cared for into a dinosaur. I used it and my squid turned into a tyrannosaurus. It said " the water in tyrannosaurus 1's exhibit is too salty.":blink:

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »
You can run zt1 with windows 98!? :blink:

Offline jakeeh11

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 04:09:04 PM »
Same bug happened to me. Never a rex though ;)

Offline BLX the Hedgehog

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
This happened to me twice; once, a hatchling Deinosuchus turned into a Spinosaurus, and once a TUNA!! fish turned into a Lambeosaurus! I was using the Dr. Frankenstein cheat at the time.

Of course you can run ZT1 on Win98! I only upgraded to an XP box within the last few months, and before then I had a Win98 box. (I mostly play it on my laptop, though, and both the laptops I've owned have had WinXP.) APE has issues with Win98 but othrewise ZT1 is fully functional on it.