Author Topic: Programs?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Sonic_The_Hedghog

• Pooper Scooper
Programs?
« on: June 29, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »
I have herd of special 3D programs that allow assistance in building animals for ZT. Is there any good ones that are free? Any knoledge about them I do not know? Please tell what programs you use because I can't really figure anything out besides paint.

BTW: Admins, if this topic is in the wrong section please move it. Thanks.

-Sonic_The_Hedghog-

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
Programs?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:14:20 PM »
the only one I heard someone mention was about, umm...$25,000 or something outrageous like that :wacko:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Programs?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:18:33 PM »
3d Programs for Zoo Tycoon 1? I don't know why you would NEED 3D for it...its all bitmaps and stuff, isn't it? 3D models aren't PART of the game...

The only program that I know of to make animals for ZT1 is APE.

• Pooper Scooper
Programs?
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 06:00:31 AM »
Ape is the program to turn the numeres BMPs and make your animal. I belive that some programs can help to make 3D models or something like that. I belive Tasmanian_Tiger uses one.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Programs?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »
There are 2 that come to mind that can be used to design a new animal model for use in ZT 1. It takes a lot of work and determination as Tasmanian Tiger will tell you to get things right for ZT 1 animals.

The 2 programs are GIMP which can be downloaded for free with this link http://www.gimp.org/

The other is Gmax but it is not a free program.

• Pooper Scooper
Programs?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:35:07 PM »
For some reason I couldn't get GIMP to download. Well I guess I'll have to stick with paint.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Programs?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 01:25:26 AM »
Did you try using GIMP for Windows (in the menu on the left)?  If you click that, it will take you to a page with an automated installer and let you download zip files otherwise you need to download several smaller pieces and some how merge them together into the complete program.  I just did this yesterday and still have the zip files, I could email them to you if want me to - just pm me with you email address.

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
Programs?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:11:17 PM »
YR could you post more thorough on how to downlaod it please I to could not get it to download

• Pooper Scooper
Programs?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 05:11:01 PM »
Alright I got GIMP for Windows to work but now I have no idea how to make any 3D models. Any notes or help?