Author Topic: Game Keeps Crashing  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
    • http://
Game Keeps Crashing
« on: June 29, 2005, 04:03:39 PM »
This is the second day in a row, my game has crashed for no apparent reason. Both times I have been doing separate things, once I was putting a zookeeper in a fallow deer exhibit, and I don't remember what it was the other time, I can't think of anything that could be causing this problem. I haven't downloaded anything in the past 3 or 4 days ( :shocked  :lol ), I was looking around in some of the files, but I always copied and pasted on the desktop before I did anything with them. Any help is appreciated.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 08:17:45 PM »
Tyto, unfortunately it sounds like something you have recently downloaded is having a conflict with another file that's already in your game. This has happened to me many times in the past. You might just have to go back and delete the most recent files you put in and try the game again. If it keeps crashing you might just have to do a reinstall!  :shocked  Yes, I know...been there done that too many times!  :>< You may also want to read blueKittySC's response .

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:28 PM »
i don't think it is the downloads, because yesterday is the first day it crashed, and I haven't downloaded in a while. It seems to happen mostly when I start clicking really fast, and as this is the biggest zoo I've had, and my RAM isn't the highest, I think that is the problem.

Edit: Ah never mind, it just crashed again and I wasn't clicking at all :><

Edit2: Hmm, I happened to read that Invisible Fence conflicts with Fences Forever. Although it didn't sink in at the time I read it. But I have them both. could that be the problem, and if it is, Would it work OK if I took Fences Forever out and still work on a zoo that was built with it?

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:38:45 PM »
You will find your fences will begin to deteiate...make sure you hire extra staff and have them look out for just the fences by unchecking the other tasks they can do. And if you have dino's make sure you have proper fences for them before you remove the hack

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 11:49:19 PM »
Ok, it still crashed after I took Fences Forever out. My mom suggested that I start a new zoo and see if it crashes, and so far it has not :w00t , even after 4 game months, I think if it was going to crash, it would have crashed by now. So apparently the other zoo was just getting to big for my poor comp to handle :sad Problem solved, I guess.

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 12:57:20 AM »
Your mom is a wise woman, cause that is what I would have suggested  :lol .
If you take a look at my show and tell you will find that it has happend to me too (yes it happens to the best of us  :rofl isn't that so LZKNY). Sometimes for no apparrent reason a zoo starts crashing once it does that the save file will be corrupt and every time you load that zoo it keeps crashing. Starting a new zoo is the only  :( solution. Glad your mom solved it.......

Good luck with the next zoo.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 03:51:14 AM »
I used to get sporadic game crashes. They could take as long as a game year before they occurred. I could start the same zoo twice in a row and do nothing and they would crash at different places. I believe mine were caused by older building downloads that copied or changed the ingame lang0.dll. Once I removed all user ".dll" files bigger than 1.8 mb, copied the lang0.dll from the Zoo Tycoon CD-ROM to the Zoo Tycoon main folder, and stopped running user patch programs and setup programs, I have not had an unexpected game crash since.

But it is also possible to have game crashes on computers with low physical memory and low virtual memory, especially with bigger zoos.

It is also possible to have sporadic game crashes if the video driver is old.

There are other causes as well, but those are the 3 that I believe are the most common.

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 09:07:09 AM »
A big thank you to all those who helped me -- and Jay, I have an old video driver, and low memory, and that was a big zoo. I guess this old comp needs some upgrading! :lol

AMITDOTCHAUHAN

Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:07 PM »
me new to this forum
i want some help from u
my game also crashes
when i try to put some new object to my game
also plz tell me do i need to place a.p.e. in zoo tycoon directory
i think (ape)it's only for the creation for animal.
do i need to place them anywhere
i am having the zoo tycoon ver 10.10.0.12 updated(with sp2)

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 11:14:19 PM »
Dear AMITDOTCHAUHAN,

Welcome to ZA.
If you want us to help you with your zoo crashing we need to have more information.
- Do you have usermade object/animals installed. Yes, how many?
- Is this occuring with every new object you try to place?
- Did you try starting a new zoo, as that was the solution to the above problem.

As far as APE is concerned I would like to point you to the complete section we have on APE here, you will likely find an anwser to you questions there.

Bielski