Author Topic: Need Some Help  (Read 2311 times)

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »
G'Day

I have downloaded a few files to add to my ZT. For some reason a lot of them dont load, so when you play the game they have not been added?? Any suggestions. They are:

Icee Stand, Pizza Hut, Subway, Balloon Shop, Coffee Shop, Coca-cola Vending Machine, Popcorn Shop, Camel Ride....just to name a few.

Also I have download the packs.....

McDonalds
KFC
Telephone
Pepsi & 7Up Drink Machines.
When I unzip them and click on the patch, like it tells me too I get this error message

Couldn't open: Lang0.dll
Error: Open failed (while reading Lang0.dll)

I have applied the patch from the ZT Website and I have also applied the LANG--ZKL.dll file.
Any help would be great.

Thanks Karen:specool:

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »
Be very glad the exe does not work. The files you have listed are all very old files made when not much was known about the way the game worked. The patch alters the ingame dll and has been know to cause games crashes and other problems. Most of the messages for the patch are now in the ZKL dll. Many of these files you listed have notes and warnings against them at ZKL and the new Download Directory.
I will let Jay (ZKL) know so he can add more info here.

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »
The buildings you mention are from multiple web sites. But the comments apply to them all. As fern mentioned, do not run any user created patch programs. They are known to cause sporadic game crashes. Some change Zoo Tycoon files directly. Some copy Zoo Tycoon files and make changes. But both techniques can cause sporadic game crashes. If any patch program finished, I would recommend that you copy the Zoo Tycoon lang0.dll back from the Zoo Tycoon CD-ROM. Also, do not put any user created ".dll" files bigger than 1.8 mb into your Zoo Tycoon folders. If you did, they should be removed. These also can cause sporadic game crashes. Also, I would not run any user created "setup" programs since some of them also run user created patch programs.

As fern also mentioned, there are warnings on the download pages at ZKL for the downloads that have problems. It is important to pay attention to those warnings and to follow their advice.

I do not know what you mean by them "not loading". If you mean you are using the button inside Zoo Tycoon to try to load user downloads, you should never use that button. That can also cause problems, especially when you want to remove something later. Instead, you should copy ".ztd" files manually to the Zoo Tycoon Updates folder or dlupdate folder. Many of the things you listed will work in Zoo Tycoon this way. They will work even without a ".dll" file, although then their messages will not show up in Zoo Tycoon. But many of their messages are in LANG--ZKL.dll and ZA's combined ".dll" files. However, some ".ztd" files have other problems. Again, those at ZKL will mention those other problems.

Good luck with your downloading.

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:55:43 PM »
Hey Again

What I mean by "not loading" is when I play the game, the files that I have downloaded do not appear in the menu.

Taken into account what you have said, how do I get these files to work.
I have used the LANG--ZKL.dll and ZA's combined .dll files and nothing happens. No files are bigger than 1.8 mb. Should I maybe uninstall ZT and start again. And if I do do this what .dll files do I load. Most other downloads have worked, but the ones that I have listed. How do I get these files to work in my ZT. What is a user setup program?
I have also downloaded a few other files
Langza050msdll
Langza03dll
Langza02dll
Should I keep these or remove them. Please tell me what the best thing for me to do would be. I really love playing the game and would like all these files to work. Any help would be great
Thanks Karen

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 07:48:26 PM »
You should not need to reinstall.

A user setup program is similar to a user patch program except it has "setup" in its name instead of "patch".

Those ".dll" files should be fine. Most likely you do not need lang050MS.dll. I prefer using Blue Fang ".dll" files (those that came with Zoo Tycoon or those downloaded from the official Zoo Tycoon site) instead.

As for the items you mentioned, I took a quick look and all but two have other problems. So they should not be used until they are fixed. The two that should work are the ZTU Coca Cola Vending Machine, which I previously fixed and is available for download here, and the Camel Ride. For the ZTU Coca Cola Vending Machine, you would extract ¨Coca Cola Vending Machine.ZTD" from the ".zip" file and copy it to your Zoo Tycoon Updates folder. It will then appear in the Zoo Tycoon structures menu. It comes with a ".dll" file, but the messages are also included in LANG--ZKL.dll. For the Camel Ride, you would copy its ".ztd" file to your Zoo Tycoon Updates folder. It will then appear in the Zoo Tycoon structures menu. Its messages are also included in LANG--ZKL.dll, among others.

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 12:00:27 AM »
Hiya

Hey thanks guys for your help. I have fixed the problem I had and I even now have KFC, McDonalds and the Telephone working. Thanks for all the advice.
One other thing can I ask you.......When you are in zoo tycoon and you bring up your list in the main game and you click on an item, some of my stuff doesnt say anything. Why is this? Most items have a small message, but some of my things dont.

Anyway thanks again for your help.....much appreciated.

Karen

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 09:24:09 PM »
I am glad you have figured out how to get the things into your game. But "working" is a relative term. If those are the ones created by dj_pluffs, they have problems, as I mentioned previously and as indicated by the warnings at the other sites mentioned. His McDonalds and KFC stands have problems where the drinks can be sold as food and Zoo Tycoon does not know what to do with them. Also, they are configured as satisfying energy when they actually do not, which can also cause Zoo Tycoon confusion. His telephone booth will only work in the original Zoo Tycoon without any expansion packs. Otherwise guests can get stuck at them. So, although these problems do not cause the game to crash and might even be acceptable in certain cases, they are not correct.

If you have something that does not show messages in Zoo Tycoon, that means you are not using a ".dll" file that contains its messages. That does not hurt the game in any way. But there should be a ".dll" file for it, usually one of the combined ".dll" files. Once a ".dll" file containing its messages is put in the Zoo Tycoon main folder, the messages will show in Zoo Tycoon.

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 11:17:08 PM »
Hi Again

Yes I just found out with the McDonalds and other fast food files, that they do not work. When I loaded them on, they would just shut down ZT. Same as the phone booth. I have since found another pay phone, that works ok. Is there any where else where I can get McDonalds or KFC from?? Im not too fussed about not having messages there, I thought maybe that would be the reason.  I have download a few other files as well......

dlver-ar-big object pack
dlver yellowrose object pack 2 & 3
dlver gazebo

When I add the .ztd file to the ZT updates folder and then start the game, i click on the new items in the menu, but when I go to add them to my zoo, it shuts the game down. Any suggestions. Maybe I need to add something that I have missed......Sorry for being such a pest asking all these questions.

Hope to hear back from you soon
Karen

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »
Concerning finding types of downloads, you can do searches at the Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory at: http://www.zooadmin.org
There are other downloads that are similar. For example, ZKL has a McDonalds Food Stand by Devona and here at ZA there is a Chicken Stand.

Concerning your ZT shutting down with some user downloads, you mentioned that in your "Exhibit Accessories" topic in the ZT1 Downloads Support subforum. Both Yellowrose and I asked you questions in that topic that would need to be answered before we can help you. In addition to those questions... Which version of Zoo Tycoon are you using? What expansion packs do you have? How many ".dll" files are in your Zoo Tycoon main folder? How many ".ztd" files are in your Updates and (if you have it) dlupdate folders?

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »
No expansion pack.
Version 10.10.0.12
6 dll files
around 150 ztd files
have run the patch for XP on the Offical ZT website.
No dlupdate folders either

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 10:23:39 PM »
So you have Windows XP. Is that correct? Also, in your Exhibit Accessories topic, I asked for a confirmation. Do the Fish Trough, Fruit Basket, Grain Device, Leaf Device, and Meat Device from the Exhibit Accessories work for you or not work for you? Also, for the things that do not work for you, did you try more than once and only try them one at a time?

The reason I asked there and the reason I am still asking here is because I notice there is a difference in configuration. Many of the things that are causing you problems, including the things you listed a couple posts back, are configured in a way that causes them to crash my game. But  I am using Linux and I thought I was the only one they affect. The Exhibit Accessories things listed above are configured differently and do not cause my game to crash.

Offline karen

• Pooper Scooper
Need Some Help
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 05:08:26 AM »
No those things listed do not work for me, the only 2 items that work are the water trough and the haystack. I have tried them more than once, and they crash the game every time. And yes I am using XP

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Need Some Help
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 10:05:11 PM »
I have just looked again at the configuration of the Fish Trough in the Exhibit Accessories pack. It does not have anything wrong in its configuration. I have also tested it in Zoo Tycoon. It is not causing any problems. It is a very simple object, with a simple configuration. So, if that is crashing your game, then something is wrong with your game itself. You should save your downloads, saved zoos, and zoo.ini file somewhere else on your computer. Then you should uninstall Zoo Tycoon. Then make sure the Zoo Tycoon folder is completely gone from your computer. This step is very important because remaining files can continue to cause problems. If the folder is still there, delete it. Then install Zoo Tycoon again. Before using any downloads, test the game to make sure it works. Then only put in the Fish Trough to see that it works. Put it in by copying FishTrough.ztd to your Zoo Tycoon Updates folder. Do NOT use the button in Zoo Tycoon that checks for local content. Once you confirmed that the Fish Trough now works, then you can go back to loading downloads into Zoo Tycoon. Do not use any downloads that come with patch programs or setup programs or ".dll" files that are bigger than 1.8 mb. When putting in downloads, only put in one at a time and test it, so that it can be removed immediately if it has problems.