Author Topic: Zoo Keeper Unable to Place Food?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline snivelly13

• Pooper Scooper
Zoo Keeper Unable to Place Food?
« on: July 29, 2006, 05:38:08 PM »
In a zoo I'm currently working on, for some reason in my Ibis exhibit the zoo keeper is unable to place any food.  In all other exhibits the zoo keeper has no trouble placing it, but in the trouble exhibit the zoo keeper walks around making the motion for placing food, but no foods appears.  I've searched the forums and I can't find anything relating to this problem and any help would be appreciated.

I run on ZT1 and have the original game with no expansion packs.

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »
Hi snively and welcome to ZA!

First let me ask you a question: if you only have the original ZT 1 without any of the expansions, did you download the patch from the MS site for it? The patch was released 3 months after the game came out to fix some of the problems with guest happiness, the maintenance workers and some zookeeper functions. If you have the patch properly installed, and you're still having this problem, try firing the current zookeeper and hire a new one. Let your game run for a while. If it's still happening, the only other thing I can think of would be some sort of glitch or conflict that's going on with just this one zoo. I had that happed to me before, but it was will buildings and not staff. Let us know what happends. :blink:

Offline snivelly13

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »
I have the patch downloaded, but the problem is still there.  I tried to fire the zookeeper and hire another one, and that didn't help anything so I tried it at least four more times.  Didn't work.

I'm going to try and recreate the exhibit in a different zoo, and maybe try and pinpoint the problem.  Thank you for the help!

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

Whenever a zookeeper makes the motion of feeding, but no food appears, that means the animal is using a food type from an expansion pack that you do not have. If you are referring to the Glossy Ibis made by Pretty Parrot, that uses a food type (Insectivore Chow) from the DD expansion pack. There is no way to add these food types to the original Zoo Tycoon. So, unfortunately, you cannot use the animal in the original Zoo Tycoon since it can never eat. It is possible to change the food type that an animal wants by editing the ".uca" file in the ".ztd" file. A Uca Editing Guide at ZKL describes the line and possible settings. But that can get rather involved, especially since this animal has other inconsistencies in its configuration.

Happy Zoo Tycooning.:original:

Offline snivelly13

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 07:28:20 PM »
Thank you so much, Jay!  I'll see if I can figure out those files.