Author Topic: Trying to save but can't  (Read 1373 times)

Offline natty

• Pooper Scooper
Trying to save but can't
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:03:13 AM »
Hi, i'm new to this forum and I need your help.

I am not at all computer minded and when i tried to save a game in the freeform zone it wouldn't let me save as it says it is raed only. I don't know what this is. It is a full version of zoo tycoon.
Can you help me in a not very technical way? Please?

Natty

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Trying to save but can't
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »
Hi Natty, and :welcomean  to ZA!  I'm not as technical as some, but it sounds like your game has been archived (saved) in a way that it won't allow you to save games so they can be used again later. I'm not too sure how that could have happened. I've always had the problem of trying to use them again after they've been saved! :blink:  I hope I'm wrong on this, but you may have to uninstall the game and reinstall it again. Hopefully someone else might be able to assist you better than I can.

Be sure to introduce yourself to the whole gang by going to our Introductions thread. You'll find that we are a really friendly bunch, especially when our members read our Forum Rules. Please enjoy your time with us!! :wub:

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Trying to save but can't
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:50:35 PM »
What folder is the Save Game function opening?  When you click to save the game, in the box that pops up - at the top it should say "Save in: Saved Games" (see the red circle in the picture).  If it doesn't, use the drop down arrow and navigate to the saved games folder.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:57:26 PM by tazlover »