Author Topic: Help! I replaced...  (Read 1277 times)

Offline junglebeth

• Pooper Scooper
Help! I replaced...
« on: September 01, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
I hope someone can help me. I downloaded tall bamboo from one of the fansites and accidentally overrode the original bamboo file. Now I don't have the original bamboo and my pandas hate the tall bamboo.

Does anyone know if there is an original bamboo download somewhere!?!

Offline Bielski

• The Guardian
  • Game Warden
  • Ooooooh Noooooo!!!!!
Help! I replaced...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:06 PM »
Just run the install on your computer again and all original files will be put back.

Just don't uninstall first, that will cause you to loose all your downloads and saved games.

Offline fern

• Zookeeper
Help! I replaced...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:28:23 AM »
Could you please tell me where you got the tall bamboo from?

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Help! I replaced...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 07:07:09 PM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

I assume you are referring to the tall bamboo by Aqua Dragon. I checked its configuration and it would not override anything in Zoo Tycoon. It is a simple foliage item. It is true that the pandas would not like it because it is configured for rainforest animals and not highland animals. The panda in Zoo Tycoon is a highland animal. The Zoo Tycoon bamboo is a researched item. So you need to research it before it will show up in the game. If you are using a freeform unlock, it would show up when you start a zoo, but will disappear from the menu if you save the zoo and load it again, although any bamboo in exhibits would still be there. That is because the freeform unlock only works for things when a zoo is started. Any researched item would still need to be researched if you want it to appear in the menu after a saved game is loaded again.

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Help! I replaced...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 08:44:13 PM »
What Jay said makes sense, but I never have trouble with it and my pandas, they don't seem to mind it. The only problem I can find is that it floats in the air, especially on slopes :P

Could you please tell me where you got the tall bamboo from?

and fern, it's in foliage downloads.