Author Topic: Show Grandstands Help?  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Show Grandstands Help?
« on: August 15, 2005, 02:30:31 PM »
Pleeeeease help!

My Problem is that whe my show animals go into the show tank and the show starts, the people
don't go into the stands they stand outside of the show tank and comment somthing like:
"Orca 1 look's very happy"  can someone help me?  :huh

Offline zooteenpotterfan

• Pooper Scooper
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 02:41:24 PM »
Is there room between the end of the grandstands and the show tank?  There needs to be a path between them so people can get to the grandstands.

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:56:30 PM »
I do have paths, but does it have to be a specific number?

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 08:05:02 AM »
You need a one-tile-wide distance & path between the stands and the tank. 2 wide and they won't go in. Also no tiles UNDER the stands!

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 09:12:45 AM »
Thank you Icepengwyn, I'll try that out! :)

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:28:42 AM »
When I build my Grandstand and show area, I make sure I have food, gift and restrooms at both ends. This attracts the peeps to the area and when the show starts, they are close and will make it in time for the show.
Also, I try to set up the exhibit to so the only way to see the animals is by seeing the show. This makes them come to the glass and then the stands are right behind them.

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 09:55:36 AM »
Thanks for your tips, Zoohio! :happy

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 09:58:39 AM »
You are more than welcome Peregrine

Offline icepengwyn

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 01:22:12 PM »
One other thing I have noticed in the past is that the guests in the grandstands don't always see the show tank! I had a couple situations where the people were getting angrier while watching the show - they were not hungry or tired (much). It's usually when the top rail of the tank is right at ground level. I now always put the show tank up one level above the path in front of the grandstands, and folks are happy. You can put it higher up, but it just doesn't look realistic.

Someone mentioned that the top of an exhibit tank that's level with the ground also can't be seen into, but my last contest zoo I had that and the guests were making positive comments. I'll run a little experiment on these later tonight.

Added 8/17
Set the show tank at different heights, with the top from ground level to way up. Used both glass walls and the solid wall. It didn't matter - the guests made the same comment "what a cool trick" no matter how high the wall was. I was really surprised with the solid wall! Having the exhibit tank with the top at the same level as the ground or up high also made no difference in guest comments.

Added 8/20
Ran an experimental show. Had the normal set up with a one-tile path in front of the grandstands. Had another one with no path in front of the grandstands. (The path did come up NEXT to the grandstands). And a 3rd with extra path under the front of the grandstands which I always heard was a big no-no. Well, guests entered the grandstands in all cases! No hacks or used items in place.

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Show Grandstands Help?
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »
Thanks for experimenting, Icepengwyn!  :)