Author Topic: Assistance needed  (Read 1673 times)

Offline mo13501

• Pooper Scooper
Assistance needed
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:33:06 PM »
I am having trouble with some of my animals from DD and a few in Zootycoon1.  I have females but no males.  Does anyone know how I can fix this or point me in the right direction to fix this?  Thanks :blushing:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Assistance needed
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:21:45 PM »
a bit more information would be helpful.

what animals are you having the problem with
do you have user created stuff in your game and if so what
system specs

the more information you can give the more people can help

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Assistance needed
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:02:14 AM »
Also are you purchasing both male and female animals from the animal purchase menu. To have both sexes you have to be sure you buy each and not just 1.:thumbsup:

Offline mo13501

• Pooper Scooper
Assistance needed
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »
Well, it is a few animals that are from DD.  I believe its the Megatherium?(giant sloth), the tapir, a few whales too.  everything i use is either from the games or this website or the microsoft site.  thank you for your help so far.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Assistance needed
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:27 PM »
So it is just ZT1? Do you only have the female choice available? Is the other choice just missing or does not work?

Offline mo13501

• Pooper Scooper
Assistance needed
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 05:06:46 AM »
Its only ZT1.  I can purchase females but when I try to purchase males, the little hand shows that it isnt holding anything and says $0.  However, I can make an invisible purchase.  Does that make sense?  Im sure it doesnt.  So basically its missing.  Ive had this problem before but I thought I downloaded a patch for it.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Assistance needed
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 05:16:42 AM »
You need to make sure the DLL file is in the main Zoo Tycoon folder.

Offline mo13501

• Pooper Scooper
Assistance needed
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »
Okay, I can do that but Im not really sure what file I need to move and/or change.  Let me know.  Youve been very helpful.  Thank you!

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Assistance needed
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
I think at this point the best course of action is to uninstall the game from your system use the ZT registry cleaner available in our downloads utilities section and then do a fresh install.

Don't install any user files after the reinstall but run the game for a bit and see if you are still having the same problem with just a bare bones game install. If so it could be a corruption of the cd itself.

This can sometimes happen with cd's, they get lots of use and get dirt and scratches. If you are an adult an know what you are doing you can clean the cd's with water and clean lint free cloths. The water can't be cold or hot but what is called tepid. Then the cd's are dried with a dry lint free cloth by starting at the center cd hole and wiping to the outer edge, turn slightly and wipe again and repeat until the cd is dry. Do not use any pressure or it may cause the cd to warp just light strokes will do the trick. You can try this or have a parent do it for you before you reinstall. If the problem is still there then it could be from scratches on the cd. There are some good cd repair kits at some of the computer stores that might help and as a last resort you may have to purchase a new set of cd's.

Have a parent clean your cd's and then try the reinstall and run the game as said above if the problem is gone then you can slowly begin to add your downloaded files in again. It might have been a download conflict that caused this as well so the uninstall and then using the regisrty cleaner will help to eliminate any traces of the problem.

When you download a file and then unzip it some downloads will contain 2 files. a DLL file and a ztd file. Make sure these files are both put into the proper game folders so the download will work.

DLL files go in the main ZT folder - c:/Program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon

ZTD files go into the following folders depernding on your game version with added expansions

Just ZT - c:/Program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon/updates

ZT + DD - c:/Program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon/updates

ZT + DD + MM - c:/Program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon/dlupdates

ZTCC - c:/Program files/microsoft games/zoo tycoon/dlupdates

I hope this helps to solve your problem. Please post and let us know how you made out.

If you have to purchase new CD's I recommend you get Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection is has the arctic and japanese theme stuff not avail;able with the other expansions. It sells here in Canada for $39.99 and may be found cheaper in the us or online.