Author Topic: Game Crashing  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
Game Crashing
« on: September 11, 2005, 01:13:54 PM »
My game, at some point, keeps crashing.  (Year2, March..)  I work with a map I build myself, very big, but with one square ground left at the walls sides and some more at the portal.  Is it because of this that my map keeps crashing?  I mean, I had like 12 exhibits.. not much.  

On top of that, I went to look in the error file, and wanted to update my directx.. Then I realised (I think this is a situation I only get in), that I couldn't.

You see, my hard disc crashed in the beginning of the year.  And, the shop I send it to, to be replaced (I am not such a computer geek), installed their windows on it.  Now, I know I should have uninstalled everything and installed mine (I have a complete legitimate windows XP version from before crash), but being lazy and all, I kept putting it forward.  Until, at some point, I had too much installed of other programs, to consider removing windows again.  *sigh*  Now I can't update my.. well their windows.

I just hope my ZT problem isn't windows related.

So, second question, is there a way to re-enter my validation code?  Without uninstalling windows?  (It's the same version I have..)  Or, how do you un-install windows?

Man.. how did I get here? :><

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Game Crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »
This sounds like a situation that I got in, not too long ago, where my legit Windows crashed and got replaced with an illegit one that failed to pass the validation that they recently put up in the Windows Update. Unfortunately the only method I know of is to back up all your data files, especially the ones in the Documents and Settings folder, and reinstall your legit Windows and your other applications (I also tried backing up the registry in order to avoid having to reinstall the applications; it didn't work). You do not need to uninstall Windows before doing that.

Offline Tasmanian_tiger

• ZA Designer
  • Scientist
    • http://www.thylacine.be
Game Crashing
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 12:57:13 AM »
Aye.. I think I will do that.  I just hate re-installing every program/game.:P  But I rather have my windows updated.. and I have a legal version.  Oh stupid hard disc, why did you have to crash?  Sighs..