Author Topic: animals5.ztd  (Read 2007 times)

Offline NorseWrath

• Pooper Scooper
animals5.ztd
« on: February 20, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
I just installed Zoo Tycoon again on my compy. However there is always a problem with the animals5.ztd file. I have tried so many things and none seem to work is there anyway possible for anyone to post the file here or is that a no no?

I really want my dinos  :crying:

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Re: animals5.ztd
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 04:24:45 PM »
That unfortunately is a no no.

What you can try though is if you have your game installed ok then just use windows explorer to navigate to your CD Rom drive. Look through the folder etc on the game CD and find the animals5.ztd file. Then you can manually copy and paste the file to the proper game folder on your hard drive.

Try your game and see if that helped your problem. Sometimes CD's get worn out and the autorun install doesn't always work the way it should so manually using copy and paste can sometimes fix these kind of problems.

Please post back to let us know how you made out. Hope this helps you. If it doesn't help then it might be time to buy a new set of CD's

Offline NorseWrath

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:06:57 AM »
Ye I tried that but about halfway through an error pops up

"Cannot Copy Animals5.ztd: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)"

If someone more computer savy knows what that means i would be thankful

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:36:58 AM »
I'm not that savy when it comes to those kinds of errors but if you can't copy it from the cd and the game won't install properly might be time for new cd's if this copy is a few years old, if just recently purchased try returing to where you bought it. If nothing else they can give you another copy.

Offline NorseWrath

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
Actually i just used a nifty little program to recover MOST of the file... it didnt read/recover some but the game works fine and ALL dinos SEEM allright 99-100 suitability

Thanks for Your Help :sthanks:

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
Awesome  :clap: and glad I could help a little

Could you please post the information for the program like it's name and if it's a free download or if not free if it has a trial and the program's web site link. This way if others have this same problem they can maybe find the same solution you did. Would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:18:09 PM by Yellowrose »

Offline NorseWrath

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
Thank you very much for the link I will now close this topic as a resloved problem so it can be moved later to frequently asked questions area as this is not the first time this question has come up.