Author Topic: Maximum # Of Paths/roads?  (Read 5106 times)

vavrik

Maximum # Of Paths/roads?
« on: February 02, 2005, 09:14:06 PM »
I know that ZT1 has about maximum limit of about 480 .ztd files.  However, is there a maximum number of paths that one can have?  I can't seem to have more than 11.  When I unlocked the yellow brick road, it was lost later in the year when new paths became available.  Even though I've added new objects, I am well under the .ztd max limit (also I am under the 64 or so objects one can have).  Is there a .dll patch that would help or I am just going crazy :blink: ...lol.  I could combine ztd files, but I really don't know if this would help since I believe I am under the max.  Any suggestions?

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:25:47 AM »
Hello Vavrik, and welcome to ZA. I might be able to help you with part of your download dilemma. Before I got ZTCC, the maximun number of user downloaded .ztd files the game could support was between 300-400. Now that I have CC, the number you quoted could very well be 480 files. However, the game can only support 63 language .dll files. Some user made paths, including path packs, might have a .dll file associated with them. Now, I have completely maxxed out my .dll limit, which is why I have to take something out before I can put in something new that has a .dll file. I also had a problem with pathways disappearing-for me it the was MM boardwalk path. I had put in a user made path pack, and one of those pathways had the same code number as the boardward path. Naturally when I installed the pack the new path overwrote the boardwalk path and I lost it until I had to reinstall the game from scratch. I don't think there is a limit as I've never heard of one, and I think right now I have more than 11 in my current game installation. You might want to contact the creator of your user made paths and see if they are aware of any problems with their work overwriting your Yellow Brick Road path. That's the only thing that I can think of right now that would do that.

If someone else knows if there's path limit I hope they post it-now you've gotten me real curious about this!  Hope this helps!  :wub:

vavrik

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:58:53 AM »
Thank you for your advice and reply, LadyZookeeperNY!!  I am recounting my dll files to make sure I don't exceed 63.  I know that some earlier user created items had separate dll files for corresponding ztd items.  Now, more objects have the language files in the ztd to save room.  So, if I can learn to live without the foam play area from the ZK lounge, then that should take care of 1 dll...lol.  I am glad to hear that there is no maximum number of paths.  That makes sense since the paths are ztd files too.  I just wanted to check to see if there was a separate lang or a glitch or if I was going crazy.  Now, it just sounds as if it a available space issue and I am not crazy...lol.  I think instead of releasing ZT2 Microsoft and Blue Fang should've created a patch so we could all hold more items...Could I put that on a wish list?...LOL  Thanks Again!

Offline Aussie Koala

• Canasta Trendsetter
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
    • http://www.aussiekoala.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »
There are combined dll files made both here and at ZK Lounge that will help with the max dll dilemna.