Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 39070 times)

Offline Texgnome1

• Old Gnome!
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
Bug Reports
« on: October 03, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
One thread only - want to have an easy list.  Please search through the thread before you post.  Go ahead and list anything that you have found in the demo.  We can always reconfirm if it is still an issue once the set hits stores.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »
I've got one i just noticed-
When i deleted a section of a tank wall, the water drained, like normal. This caused the Orca being held in the tank to be transfered to a crate. I was able to delete the crate, which allowed to orca to actually swim halfway in the ground. After a few seconds, it beached.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »
Quote from: Megaraptor
I've got one i just noticed-
When i deleted a section of a tank wall, the water drained, like normal. This caused the Orca being held in the tank to be transfered to a crate. I was able to delete the crate, which allowed to orca to actually swim halfway in the ground. After a few seconds, it beached.

That's not a bug, really, Megaraptor. That's what WOULD happen if a marine animal was suddenly taken out of its crate and 'dumped' on land. They flop around and then beach themselves and die. Not very nice, actually. Just pick them up and put the crate back in the water.

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Bug Reports
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »
It didn't flop around and die. It swam around. I'll get you a pick if you want.

Offline world

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
Sometimes my rockhopper penguins will walk on there side.Theyll have the same motions that theyd have if they were walking normally,but the just on their side

Offline WolfXQueen

• Zookeeper
    • http://saritadawolf.deviantart.com/
Bug Reports
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
Quote from: world
Sometimes my rockhopper penguins will walk on there side.Theyll have the same motions that theyd have if they were walking normally,but the just on their side

Yeah, the rockhopper penguins have SO many glitches!! They walk around on their side, walk through the rock float, et cetera.

One glitch I had was that orcas would always get stuck in the show tank. I had three. They'd come in fine, do their show, then they'd just swim around for a minute in front of the open gate till it closed. One of the orcas even floats about 10 feet above the water then slowly floats back down. Then they'd just swim around till I noticed or got crated by a zookeeper.

Offline amkid247

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »
without another peice of actual land in the exibit the penguins feet are sunken into the ground of the rock island.

Offline world

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »
I had the same glitch as WolfXQueen,just theyd either get stuck and couldnt go into the show tank,causing the show to get cancelled.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »
rockhoppers eggs say tundra and their fun facts say bottle-nosed dophin.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 01:39:41 AM »
The ambients will actually swim right through the desert island/rock bed if you have shallow enough water.

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 05:59:38 AM »
Once I got a few reports that my rockhopper penguin was not contained. When I checked, it seemed pretty contained to me.

Another thing is that the green turtles try to lay their eggs on the desert island, but the eggs sink through to the bottom. They still hatch, though.

Offline Ethiopian Wolf

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 02:50:26 PM »
Thats the way it really is, WackyPanda. Turtles bury their eggs.

Offline Bjrichards

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 02:53:56 PM »
I know what he means, When they laid their eggs on the Island they sunk thru the entire island and got stuck in the bottom of the pool. Ive had this happen.

Offline nrg800

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 03:04:40 PM »
When you've got shallow enough water the penguin egg is hovers above the water.

Offline Army Kid

• Zookeeper
  • Computer Geek!
Bug Reports
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »
Yeah, the rockhopper penguins are so glitchy. They walk almost upside-down for me!

Also, I've had the same glitch where the turtles lay their eggs on the desert island, but they appear on the bottom.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:01:24 PM by Army Kid »

Offline Skid 32

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.fogwhistle.ca/skidzone/
Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »
Hasn't anyone even noticed that you can place working tank portals between tanks with different water levels in them? I really don't want to be next to the opening when that door is used. :raft: :whistling

Offline amkid247

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
this is what happens when u lower the ground outside of a tank after you place a ladder: http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1347/aaaaanm0.png

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 09:23:45 PM »
Even when an orca is fully trained, it still doesn't seem to skyhop properly - all it does is go up and wiggle its tail.

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 05:16:28 AM »
Wait, wait, now That's because you have done some abt 5 trainings right! The orca if it gets like 65 % It'll only do the wiggling tail stuff, If you get 91% and above only it does the whole thing! Now you might have got 100% or 95...% in some of the trainings, but got only 90 and lesser in the other trainings, lets say Tr 5 or 4. Now When Your creating the show and add an animal, Orca in this case, in the side You gotta choose what act ya want it to do! There are only two now in the demo, but if you place your cursor (when selecting the act) on the button in the side, i.e, if ya've completed all the trainings it'd be extended to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..(it depends on how many trainings you've completed) Now you must've clicked no.4 or 5(eg) So it does howmuchever it did in the 4 training, so I don't think that's a bug! If ya want your orca to do properly click the training no. in which ya have scored above 91%! Amkid my water from outside the tank will always look fully like that only, whereas you've got only a little area where it wd be like that, it depends on the graphics card maybe!

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 06:43:20 AM »
Oh - thanks, I hadn't selected anything... *runs off to try it*

Edit: Sorry, but you can't seem to choose which training to perform. :wacko:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:49:43 AM by Crookshankz227 »

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 11:49:02 PM »
You have to complete more than one to choose between them! If you place your cursor on the icon it extends to 1, 2!

Offline snake_hunter2005

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.forumsvibe.com/generationzoo
Bug Reports
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »
i noticed when i have land AND the island thing a message would say that there is no land for the turtles to lay there eggs.....it gets frustrating after a while when i have to keep placing the turtles on land.

Offline nrg800

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 06:40:09 PM »
Heres a big bug, I had the MM2 demo for about a week and it made my ZT2 crash when I opened it.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 08:03:59 PM »
I don't think that's a big - the files and folders are completely separate, so I think it's probably something wrong with your ZT2, like a new download or something.

Offline nrg800

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 08:08:58 PM »
Yeh it's not that big I've got all my downloads on a CD on the other hand I can't reinstall ES.