Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 41467 times)

Offline topcatdk

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 03:43:06 PM »
I got a severe case of blind animals just minutes ago, 5 or 6 animals simply wouldn't go and eat or drink even though there were plenty of supplies around. Seems like somehow the animal data gets corrupted, the only fix seems to be to give the animal away.

I think I've seen this bug prior to MM though so not much new, the bug might be related to me doing a massive rebuild of the zoo, including removing 6 species with a total of more than 50 animals in paused mode.

Come to think of it, I've had other minor problems when making huge changes in paused mode but they usually gets fixed with save-quit-reload, think I should try that the next time I get this problem....

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006, 02:58:08 AM »
Quote from: CrowRidgeStudio;150204
About not being able to walk around in guest mode and safari mode, I had this problem too...I removed the "zoo zoom" hack, thinking it might be camera related, and now I have no problem.

I don't want to accuse the "zoo zoom" hack, but it did work for me....

Best,
Suzanne

I am having the same  prob . I will remove zoom too , I hope that it works for me :sweatingb . I did just put that down load in  so finger crossed  I have had no prab with  MM2 , tell this:innocent:

Offline steven90

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/steven90main
Bug Reports
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2006, 05:18:49 AM »
oh, ive fixed it now, but i have another bug, when i fixed it ihad to uninstall the game then re-install all of the exps and zt2, but now everything on ES either is completely gone, or is pink, with yellow and blue spots, i am going to try re-installing eveything aain, but im not sure if it is a bug caued by MM2 or if it is just a problem with my disc :unsure:

Offline TurtleStork

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2006, 07:03:12 AM »
guys, don't know if anyone posted this, but remember when steve said the viewing areas in dino digs were changed from 1 x 2 to 2 x 2 so that they would be marine mania compatible? They are back to 1 x 2. For some reason I think blue fang was rushed in putting this one out.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2006, 08:05:37 AM »
no one liked the 2x2 so i think they fixed it and put it back and thats what the update for dino danger is b/c 2x2 came with dino danger

Offline guardian_titan

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2006, 09:27:27 AM »
I was the one that put up a request to change the canopies back to 1x2.  A lot of us said yes to it.  I did notice in the demo (I didn't buy the game yet) that the front lip of the canopies have been removed.  That was the overlapping problem with the tank walls anyway.  It's nice to see that it's back to 1x2 in the actual expansion and not just the demo.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2006, 09:47:25 AM »
I know a problem of some people have in MM2. Remember that there is not enough space to put a trick area in a show. I found that you need to make the tank more deeper so that the tricks fit in there

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2006, 11:15:22 AM »
Quote from: andypvera;151606
I know a problem of some people have in MM2. Remember that there is not enough space to put a trick area in a show. I found that you need to make the tank more deeper so that the tricks fit in there

I have my tanks @ maximum depth, and I still get those messages!! :hmmm: :wallbash:
:flipper:

Offline chameleongeek

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
I had a really weird bug....

I had a tank on top of a hill. It was a show tank connected to the home tank. Well I went to get rid of the whole thing so I clicked to delete a section of the tank. I didn't give me the message that it would sell everything in the tank instead it flooded my entire zoo!:surprise: as soon as it did that it gave me the message objects will be sold as a result of selling the tank. In the background my whole zoo was flooded. All of the buildings were underwater the animals were gone. When i accepted (no other choice) All the animals were gone. Fences were still up , water was gone, the weirdest part was it turned all the other biomes into boreal. the tank was tundra so it couldn't of been the pelithic biome. Plus mojority of the land that had exhibit was sunken and I could not straighten it out. Really weird.....:pinch: Hope BF gets a patch :laughing:

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
i have been having major problems with waterfalls. i cant seem to get those big, wide flowing ones anymore, and the ones i do get often come with some weird cliff deformities. its kinda anoyying, i would post pics if i knew how. also the game lags a lot sometimes when i place something new, it'll be frozen for about 20 seconds, and i have a medium/high range comp and have never had a problem with lag.:blink:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Bug Reports
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2006, 08:54:50 PM »
I still haven't found out if the peafowl crown bug was fixed. But look at what happened to this woman's hair!

Offline happyholly

• Pooper Scooper
    • an alternative view
Bug Reports
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »
I've had the game a couple of days now, and I only have one bug, but its a stinker! Sometimes, for no obvious reason, the game just 'kicks me out'. No error or warning message, I'm just playing the game and it closes!

I am thinking of getting more RAM as I was getting slow response in ZT2, but this has never happened til I got MM2, so I'm thinking its a bug not just my rubbish pc!:hammer2:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Bug Reports
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2006, 07:09:16 AM »
I don't know if this was posted. But I noticed yet another bug when my sea lions were mating, but were 10 feet away from each other. :blink: My female became pregnant.

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Bug Reports
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »
Well I don't know if this is a bug or me doing something wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

When my marine shows are over, the guests all get mad and say they wanted to donate but couldn't find a donation box.  Then I get a red message saying "Many guests can't find donation boxes" and my fame goes down.

However, in an attempt to fix this I put MANY MANY donation boxes in the area and the guests don't use them.  I think out of all the guests sitting there only one or two use the boxes, and the rest walk away mad.  I tried using the Pirate donation boxes, in case they wanted a themed one, and then I tried using the normal donation boxes, in case that was the problem.

It's set up like this:  (D for donation boxes, G for grandstand, and C for gift cart)

Code: [Select]
**Show Tank**
 D D D     C
DGDGDGD    D  

As you can see I put in quite a few donation boxes!  :laughing:  They also use the gift cart just fine.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:11:36 PM by Peacenote »

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Bug Reports
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »
I had the same problem with the donations. I literally had an entire row -solid - across the front of my show tank and even with that many there were still at least 1/2 dozen people walking away mad. It was crazy!

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
bugged
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2006, 11:30:57 PM »
:surprise: the only  bug I notice is the head less  people or just A head going along , i get this quite a lot . its funny  I dont know why it happens :surprise:

Offline Lilaviel

• Pooper Scooper
Shows and Donation boxes
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »
It seems that wherever I put them, guests can't find donation boxes for shows. Well, most of them can't. Is anyone else having this problem? It seems to be a glitch to me, but if not, have any of you found a really good spot for them that the guests CAN see?:blink:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »
right by the ends of the grandstands in front of the show tank wall so as they leave the show they have to pass them.  works everytime for me

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »
Merged with the Bug Report thread as this is a known bug with MM2

Offline whispurr

• Pooper Scooper
Animals listed out of order?
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »
I don't see this issue addressed elsewhere, though I'm sure it has been.

I have ZT2 with all of the available expansions.  When I open the Zoo Quick Stats, the animals are generally listed in order, but they get mixed together when they are animals that start with the same letter (like black Leopard and Ring Tailed Lemurs.)  Right now the "G" animals are completely confusing with Crested Gibbons, Reticulated Giraffes, Masai Giraffes, and Mountain Gorillas in the mix.  

Is there any way to get these animals to group together properly in the Quick Stats window?  It's really difficult to cull a herd when you can't even see what you have!

Thanks,
Teresa

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2006, 12:19:16 AM »
this is a bug merged with topic on bugs.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2006, 08:45:21 AM »
latest bug i have noticed the tuna and the tv dont stay unlocked so if i complete it and pass on the otpions file to somenone else then the game ignores that options file and wont unlock them so again people have to do the marine shows challenge and marine animals challenges.  Or if i complete them then decided to install another ep then it makes then unlocked again so you have to complete them again even thought the options files says that they are unlocked.  Really, Really Really annoying.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2006, 09:07:35 AM »
I tried the challenge in which you are supposed to take care of Delia the Dolphin :flipper: for a certain period of time...... The exact second I put her in the tank, I got message about her being unhappy, and I failed!!!!  I didn't even have time to go into zookeeper mode to see if she needed cleaned!!! :sign_alri :hairpull:  I think this challenge was buggy during Beta also, if I'm not mistaken.  These bugs & glitches are [LOWER]VERY[/LOWER] frustrating, & often interfere with my enjoyment of the game!!  But, I still can't stop playing!!  :whistling

Offline BFScottMacmillan

• Blue Fang Community Representative
  • Zoo Admin V.I.P
  • Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2006, 09:33:37 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the info on bugs!  We're going to work to try to identify the Rockhopper issues over here.  If you have a save game that reliably exhibits weird rockhopper behaviors*, please contact me with a PM so I can try to get the save game from you.

For people who are having weird grapahics issues - including the Rockhopper walking sideways - please make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.  If you don't know how to do that, you'll want to talk to someone who does and get their help.  Also tazlover has a great point - if you have any hacks or weird changes done to your installed game, very wonky things can occur.

Thanks very much for playing Zoo and MM, and for loving the games enough to complain about them.  :)  We really do appreciate your feedback, and we try to fix these things whenever and however we can.

*When I say "reliably", I mean that the behaviors need to show up consistently.  If you think you have one, please test your save like this:
  - See the Rockhopper do a weird thin
  - Save your game.
  - Make sure he's still doing it.
  - Load your game.
  - Make sure he's still doing it.

We want to fix these sorts of bugs, but we're unfortunately always very, very short on time.  There's always a lot more that we want to do than we have time and money for.  :)  So, if you can test your save game and it passes those requirements above, there's a much better chance that our QA team can nail down that bug with the time they have.  Thanks!

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Cant walk in gust moad
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »
:hmmm: Ok I did it . I uninstalled the Zoo Zoom The Camera Zoom Out Hack and that fixed the prab. Thank for the help and input  :party5:  I can walk with the animals agian  :IloveZA: :IloveZA: