Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 41466 times)

Offline heklar

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2006, 01:24:57 AM »
I also have the water/won't drink problem with white rhinos. They can stand next to a water bowl pawing the ground looking for water.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 01:32:19 AM by heklar »

Offline NakitiDL

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2006, 04:05:14 AM »
Since installing MM2, I have had several animals ignore their food. At first I thought it was just the dinos, but I've also had problems with the Nile Crocs and the African Elephants, at least.

Offline Ironchef

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Super Hero is my Secret Identity
Bug Reports
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
I don't know if this was posted, because it's not really a problem, more of a funny glitch.  You see I had a walrus tank, and made it as deep as I could using the biome editing tools.  Then, I waited for him to swim all the way down to the bottom before I released him to the wild.  Because he's a land animal not a marine animal, he went into a regular box (all underwater), and then a helicopter flies through the walls, picks him up, and flies back through the wall.  It was hilarious.  It wasn't a tank either, just really big pool. : :) :

Offline Taipan

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2006, 12:29:38 AM »
Ya I know it's wierd and funny

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Bug Reports
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2006, 12:26:09 AM »
I have a bug with my concrete walls. You can see straight through them and they look like ordinary see-through walls :angry:

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
Bug Reports
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2006, 02:08:20 AM »
Hi Peepz,
I do have probles with MM2, one of the first glitche i found out was.....
BLUE WHALE HALL ain't coming up.I keep "restarting" (and winning) the scenario to but nothing,does anyone no how to get the whale?
Most of you should no this

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
Bug Reports
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2006, 02:14:51 AM »
Hi Again,
I forgot to say in my last "thread" is
ZT2,ES,AA,DD,MM2 totaly rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA: :laughing: :woot: And other "smilies" Ha lol

[modnotice=RednotDead] Please do not double post use the EDIT button and this post is SPAM please do not spam the boards[/modnotice]

Offline herdthinner

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
This may be a graphics card/driver problem**, but when training show animals, some - not all - of the teaching screens go all black except for some text at bottom and icons in the corners.  Offhand I recall that the Beaching trick goes black; there are other tricks that go black but can't recall.  Most of them work fine (Bar Leaps, Somersaults, et al).  This applies to all show animals that I've tried.  Anyone else?

**have tried upgrading the drivers on several occasions, but can't find them on the manufacturer's own site!  Weird!

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »
This is truly unacceptable.  I know workers for Blue Fang look through these forums, and many of these bugs were also found during the beta testing.  A fix all patch should be made ASAP before they even think of making another expansion or animal download.

Offline animal artist

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2006, 07:11:01 PM »
Agree'd Animal Kingdom.

I couldnt resist, I just had to have MM. I hated the bugs during the beta testing but figured they'd fix everything.

Due to display, freezing and bug issues and after striving to fix it - MM is now uninstalled on my machine and Ive wasted my money. I wont buy another ex pack.

Bluefang - fix it.:angry:

Offline Rotipher

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2006, 04:34:38 AM »
Not sure if this counts as a bug or just an oversight, but all of my AA animals and the four free downloads (addax, Asian elephant, black leopard and musk ox) tolerate the land-based versions of the new marine biomes.  Their habitat box fills up with green about a third of the way up, but that's all.

I'm assuming this is some kind of "default" reaction on these animals' part, due to BF neglecting to assign them a specific response to the marine habitats.  But it's still odd to see mandrills and Ethiopian wolves tolerating a Coastal biome, and doing so more comfortably than the Komodo dragon (which is supposed to be an island-dweller) does! :rolleyes:

Offline Lilaviel

• Pooper Scooper
Donation boxes for Shows
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »
I can't seem to put the donation boxes for the MM2 shows in the right place. Most of the visitors can't find them. Is this a bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »
Topic Merged with MM2 Bug Reports topic

It is indeed a bug that has already been discussed. Please use the search feature before starting new threads, as sometimes there is already a place to discuss what you have to say.

Offline Lilaviel

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »
Ahh, I see. Sorry bout that.  At least it's not just me. I was trying everything to get people to donate. I really hope a patch comes out soon...

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2006, 01:48:21 AM »
I have headless zookeepers

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2006, 06:32:09 AM »
Shecrock, what are your graphics settings on? That could be a problem

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »
ok i have everything on high and my graphics card can handle it but i found a problem since MM.  the female orangutan has no animations and just slides accross the floor if she is a certain distance away from you. here is a picture

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2006, 06:56:54 PM »
The lack of responses from Blue Fang is puzzling to say it nicely.  It took me about a week to successfully install Marine Mania causing me to uninstall the other expansions.

I played for a few days, and haven't played since.  We need a patch to make the game easier to install, and a patch that fixes all the bugs - Please, would someone from Blue Fang give us a status update on our concerns - this is truly unacceptable.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »
Well Animal Kingdom, not everyone is having the problems, and before they can release a patch for it, they have to be able to recreate the situation and have it work the exact same way for it to even be called a problem.

I know you are frustrated, and I'm sorry. But I think that you need to be able to understand that its not as simple as saying "please do this". You need staff, time, and money to be able to do things like that.

Also, if they tried to make everything 100% everytime, that would take resources away from other expansion packs, and then people would be complaining about that...really, no matter what, people are going to keep complaining no matter WHAT BF does.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 07:14:54 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Bug Reports
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »
I've noticed that everytime I swim with a marine animal, it will swim up to the surface and stay up there for a while, then you'll automatically stop swimming with it after some time. I'm not totally sure if this is an actual bug, but I find it unusual. :huh:

Offline sheltiefan

• Beware of parrot
  • Senior Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2006, 09:52:04 PM »
Quote from: wolfkid92;164455
ok i have everything on high and my graphics card can handle it but i found a problem since MM.  the female orangutan has no animations and just slides accross the floor if she is a certain distance away from you. here is a picture

Yes I've had that to, it's really strange looking to say the least. I've also noticed some of my MM animals freezing up while swimming (I believe it was the sea lions). They remain suspended in the water and motionless until I pick them up and drop them down somewhere else.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;164626
Well Animal Kingdom, not everyone is having the problems, and before they can release a patch for it, they have to be able to recreate the situation and have it work the exact same way for it to even be called a problem.

I know you are frustrated, and I'm sorry. But I think that you need to be able to understand that its not as simple as saying "please do this". You need staff, time, and money to be able to do things like that.

Also, if they tried to make everything 100% everytime, that would take resources away from other expansion packs, and then people would be complaining about that...really, no matter what, people are going to keep complaining no matter WHAT BF does.

mika - the issues mentioned here were reported by several people during the beta and they were not addressed.  The game can't even be installed on most machines (even those that meet the requirements) without a significant struggle.  Once the game is actually installed, something as simple as animals not being ordered properly on the zoo roster is incredibly frustrating - and has been reported as a widespread problem.  The only response from a blue fang employee that we have seen in this thread is in post #124 by BFScottMacmillan - the only thing he addresses is Rockhopper issues that seem relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  The complaint I have with this being the only correspondence is the lack of any concrete statement that there will in fact be a fix all patch.  The exact quote was, "We want to fix these sorts of bugs, but we're unfortunately always very, very short on time. There's always a lot more that we want to do than we have time and money for. :) So, if you can test your save game and it passes those requirements above, there's a much better chance that our QA team can nail down that bug with the time they have. Thanks!"

Yes, I'm frustrated - frustrated by lack of communication to the fans of this product.  Frustrated by a companies unwillingness to stand by it's product.  And frustrated by the fact that a franchise that has so many possibilities is being ruined because the games designers couldn't be bothered to bug test it correctly.

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Bug Reports
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2006, 04:38:37 AM »
I've had a bug where a very small part of ground looks like a dent and starts moving.

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Bug Reports
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2006, 05:27:38 PM »
The game can't even be installed on most machines (even those that meet the requirements) without a significant struggle.

What evidence do you have to suggest that this is a serious problem?  I installed first time no problems.  A few posts on this forum are hardly indicative of the majority of people who purchase the product.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2006, 04:51:36 AM »
Quote from: ShenTirag;166400
What evidence do you have to suggest that this is a serious problem?  I installed first time no problems.  A few posts on this forum are hardly indicative of the majority of people who purchase the product.

People whose computers exceed the system requirements of the game should not have to struggle to install it.  They shouldn't have to format their hard drive or attempt to clean up the registry.  It is a game with a very young beginning audience.  I have never had or seen such a large amount of difficulty surrounding the seemingly simple task of getting a game installed.  It started with Dino Danger, and has only gotten worse with Marine Mania.  I've uninstalled Marine Mania from my machine, and won't even think about purchasing another ZT2 product until I know these issues have been resolved.