Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 41428 times)

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Bug Reports
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2006, 08:47:16 AM »
You didn't really answer my question.  -You- said that you've had a lot of trouble...well not everyone is.  My computer far exceeds the system requirements but both Dino Danger AND MM installed perfectly straight away for me.  I haven't seen any evidence that the majority of people are having installation problems with MM2.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »
Quote from: ShenTirag;166522
My computer far exceeds the system requirements but both Dino Danger AND MM installed perfectly straight away for me.  I haven't seen any evidence that the majority of people are having installation problems with MM2.

I agree with you, Shen Tirag. I feel the MAJORITY of people have not had a problem with it. :huh:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2006, 08:58:31 AM »
Im lucky havent had any problems and i also have DD and MM2 and i also dont have the problems that some people have with teh tortoise and my ssytem only just meats minimum specs so that shows you dont need a top of the range comp.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2006, 09:21:35 AM »
I've never had to reformat or uninstall a ZT2 product before installing another - I didn't even have to uninstall MM2 beta before installing the official release. I've never had the tortoise problem. Most problems (not all, granted) are fixed when someone merely places the files back in the correct spot. Most of the errors I have seen are common human mistakes, and are easily resolved. If you look around the forums, most people have found a simple solution that did not require reformatting or uninstalling anything. Sometimes they are so simple that you'd never think about it - but fortunately most of those "bugs" have been squashed and the majority of people (judging by the amount of MM2 show and tells and the dwindling number of Bug Reports) have been able to install successfully. I am sorry that you have not been able to, I truly am, because it is a great game despite all the "problems" and I wish you could enjoy it as well. Every game has there problems, but you are really talking about a small company here. Sure, Blizzard puts out patches, but they've got the resources to do so. Most game companies don't. And most game companies don't have a representative here trying to figure out the problems too. If they can't reproduce the error at their stuido, the error doesn't exist. That's the way bugs work.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2006, 07:37:46 AM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;166529
I've never had to reformat or uninstall a ZT2 product before installing another - I didn't even have to uninstall MM2 beta before installing the official release. I've never had the tortoise problem. Most problems (not all, granted) are fixed when someone merely places the files back in the correct spot. Most of the errors I have seen are common human mistakes, and are easily resolved. If you look around the forums, most people have found a simple solution that did not require reformatting or uninstalling anything. Sometimes they are so simple that you'd never think about it - but fortunately most of those "bugs" have been squashed and the majority of people (judging by the amount of MM2 show and tells and the dwindling number of Bug Reports) have been able to install successfully. I am sorry that you have not been able to, I truly am, because it is a great game despite all the "problems" and I wish you could enjoy it as well. Every game has there problems, but you are really talking about a small company here. Sure, Blizzard puts out patches, but they've got the resources to do so. Most game companies don't. And most game companies don't have a representative here trying to figure out the problems too. If they can't reproduce the error at their stuido, the error doesn't exist. That's the way bugs work.

Do any of the individuals that aren't having any problems with MM2 have a problem with the animals not ordering correctly when you look at the screen that shows all the animals in your zoo?

I've also noticed that there are now no toys or shelter's under the zookeeper recommendations for the Hippopotamus (this may also have explained why I couldn't get RND's space hack to work).  

Has anyone else seen these problems or are they exclusive to my machine?  I know RND has seen the problem with animals not ordering correctly - but I'm not sure if he's the only one.

how many times do i have to say im a SHE rofl
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 09:32:09 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2006, 08:24:46 AM »
Yes, I have problems with the order. The hippie lady also has extra faces for hair. Other than these, my game has no problems.

Offline Bengal

• ChinchillAddict!
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2006, 09:10:32 AM »
I have the same problem with the "hippy lady" Crooky.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2006, 11:58:54 AM »
Sorry RND, I knew that too - just carelessness on my part.

I'm tempted to format my machine and start from scratch so as to get everything (not just ZT2) working to it's highest capacity.  I don't use the marine animals enough to offset the annoyance of the animals not being ordered correctly, so until it's fixed - I'm keeping MM2 uninstalled.  I don't know when/if it will be fixed with the only thing being close to a rumored patch/expansion was when someone had the "Extinct" expansion up on Amazon (I believe it has since been taken down).

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2006, 05:53:57 PM »
As far as I know, the ordering problem is something that occurred before MM2...I don't think its a MM2 exclusive. But yet, when I go to look at my animals, that are listed right. Maybe a hack or something is interferring with it? I don't have the answer for you.

My hippos have recommendations so I can't explain that one either.

The hippie lady I do have problems with, but I have to tell you, some of this is pretty nit picky. I never noticed it until someone pointed it out, and thus its not that big of a problem to me. This I don't think is a legitimate "bug". A bug to me is something that makes it so the game is either unplayable or such a hassle to deal with that it is nop longer fun. So far, I have not found many bugs such as that in ZT2.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »
yes I have that too. its not A big deal .

Offline Nique

• Just Nique... nothin' fancy
  • Global Moderator
  • Scientist
    • NotionsbyNique*
Bug Reports
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »
The only thing I have to add, is that I do have the problems with the animal order as well - but I saw it before MM2 also. And I don't play with any hacks, Mika, so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe a download but because of my recent computer issues, I don't play with user downloads installed either (I'll place them for a particular zoo and remove later) - so I do think it is something from within the game itself.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2006, 04:55:40 AM »
The animal ordering is a problem for me (as evident by my constant complaining about it), because it's the easiest way to control an animal population within a zoo.  When they're out of order it's harder to see how many males and females of each species are in the zoo.

As for this issue occuring earlier - It didn't occur in the same way it's occuring now that MM2 has been created.  Before it was just male animals of one species appearing before the females did.  Now, it's species themselves getting mixed up.

The hippo issue I'm almost certain is exclusive to my machine, and is likely the result of it being almost two years old (albeit a top of the line model in February 2005).

I've also had a problem, both before and after MM2 with a zoo completely losing all the awards in the awards screen - and then subsequently not giving out any more in game challenges.  I'm not sure what causes this, but I believe it's happened to me twice now - the most recent was a Large City Zoo where I started out with only $5000.  By year 3 this had happened.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2006, 06:07:06 AM »
About the population, I monitor that by sorting the animals by pregnancy, try that and see if it helps.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »
Quote from: Crookshankz227;167113
About the population, I monitor that by sorting the animals by pregnancy, try that and see if it helps.

I try to keep 4 males and 4 females of each species (with a few exceptions for those species that don't self-sustain very well).  When the list orders correctly it is ideal for this.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #214 on: December 23, 2006, 03:04:41 PM »
since marine mania all of my red kangaroos only give birth to males.

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #215 on: December 25, 2006, 01:38:56 PM »
The major problem with me is that I can't play ANY game saved before the installation of Marine Mania anymore. I've had to delete everything.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2006, 07:33:27 PM »
ever since MM the dinos no longer attack their dino dummy the right way. they are soo far away from the dummy when they use it.

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
White Shark Zoopedia
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »
In the Great White Zoopedia, it says in the fun facts are "Blacktip Reef Shark" Instead of Great White Shark :huh:

Offline Zoo_builder101

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.themeninwhite.co.nr
Bug Reports
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »
I am having problems swimming under water. I can go into a tank but when I try to go underwater I can't. the only way for me to get underwater is to swim with an animal.

Zoo Builder

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »
how are u trying to go under water? are u moving the mouse so your looking downward and then pressing the up arrow, or clicking the left mouse button? it always works for me...

Offline Zoo_builder101

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »
yea I am looking down and clicking the left mouse button and looking down but I only go forward.
Zoo Builder

Offline mikaboshi

• Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #221 on: December 31, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »
Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? Try using that if you do.

Offline Zoo_builder101

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2006, 12:38:56 PM »
thanks that works.
Zoo Builder

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »
they fixed the peafowl crown back to normal in MM2 but they still havnt fixed the peafowl eggs map.

PS: isnt the rockhopper penguins map wrong too?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 09:16:28 PM by mikaboshi »

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Bug Reports
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »
My Black leopards don't have a zoopedia. It doesn't matter if i re-install, take out downloads or anything it's still not there