Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 39048 times)

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
Bug Reports
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 02:13:48 PM »
The rockhopper penguin information bar says vulnerable UNLESS you look at the profile of an already purchased individual penguin, if you know what I mean. Then it says Lower Risk.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a glitch or if it's normal (looking at some other peoples screens I'm a little confused.) The walls of my tanks are completely clear from both sides.

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »
I just checked the demo and on mine the penguins have penguin facts the dolphins have dolphin facts, the penguin say low risk on both.
 The bugs I have notice is the ladder one and the penguin egg one and the one with turtles not reconizing land except for the desert island and the eggs go right through it.
 Also Simba I understand what you're saying but I think the more training on a certain trick you do the better chance for them doing it better in the show.  Lizardlips are you talking about how on some peoples pic there was like a solid wall on the outside of the tank?  If you are that is one of the walls you can pick, like in zt2 the brick wall is solid and the brick with windows you can see through.

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »
Quote from: Army Kid;143916
Yeah, the rockhopper penguins are so glitchy. They walk almost upside-down for me!

Also, I've had the same glitch where the turtles lay their eggs on the desert island, but they appear on the bottom.

If you think about it, there is alot of graphics used and more complicated it gets the more problems you have.

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
Bug Reports
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »
Quote from: GoneWild;145088
Lizardlips are you talking about how on some peoples pic there was like a solid wall on the outside of the tank?  If you are that is one of the walls you can pick, like in zt2 the brick wall is solid and the brick with windows you can see through.

I'm talking about having the see through walls completely see through without any tinting. I know about the other wall.

Sorry! I misphrased before! In the ZOOPEDIA is says vulnerable, but in the other places it says LR.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 07:48:36 PM by lizardlips »

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »
does the narwhals tail go through the tank walls when it collides with them?, you know like how the T Rex's tail manages to go through fences.

Offline Bigheads96

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 01:29:57 PM »
The only bugs that I've ever gotton with ANY game are flying above water and sliding every once in a while. But I don't care. I have a brand new graphics card and that is what probably helps a lot.

Offline Nettie

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.myspace.com/nettiek
Bug Reports
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »
i particularly liked the hip-pack with the orca on it (gift from cart) that flew around in the air on it's side...  no one connected to it or anything, it just flew around...  and when you paused it still moved but Very slowly. lol

[modnotice=RedNotDead]Changed the word to a more  correct version [/modnotice]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:18:19 PM by RedNotDead »

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 03:36:42 PM »
the game seems relatively glitch free in my experience, with one exception.
i was going by my dolphin tank, and i noticed my lionfish ambients were hovering
over the tank, swimming like they normally would, about 20 feet above the tank. :blink:
i paused it to get a closer look. when i unpaused it they dissapeared. :suprise:

oh, and i never get varients for my male turtles, even after placing 80 males. is that just mine, or what.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 05:37:22 PM by eye_of_the_tiger »

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 05:18:41 AM »
Quote from: wolfkid92;145733
does the narwhals tail go through the tank walls when it collides with them?, you know like how the T Rex's tail manages to go through fences.

Why is it specifically Narwhal???

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Bug Reports
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »
i meant the tusk

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/998182
MM2 Patch
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 01:18:11 PM »
I just got Marine Mania and I am impressed. Thanks Blue Fang for this great expansion but I have noticed some very annoying glithces.
1. The Walrus and probably more animals have their flippers and tusks go throught the ground as they walk, also you can see a shadow of the missing parts. The Striped Hyeana (sp?) has the same problem with its tail since AA.
2. There are no little blades of grass or peppbles for the Coastal Biome.
3. Even on land everything has a wavy underwater shadow.
4. This has actually stopped me from playing the game: Most of the land plants are in a permanent shadow as soon as you place them. Sometimes I even get a Boabob Tree with a green tint all over.
5. The problem with shelters in AA with animals using shelters that make no sense. The Striped Hyeana using a Boreal Burrow for example.
6. There is no music rock to play the AA or MM theme. There are also no Marine theme buildings and the unlockable Marine Entrance and Zoo wall are gone from the list of awards.

I know that 6,2 are not really glithces but they also are kind of annoying. This topic shall be to discuss other problems that could be fixed in a patch. But still Thank you for this great expansion in the first place Blue Fang.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »
as we already ahve a topic on bugs this is merged

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »
I can't get the install to work.  I had everything installed before (ZT2, ES, AA, DD and the Addax) and I tried to install marine mania on top of it.  It went through the install, brought me to the "Accept Terms" screen and now it won't load.  I've uninstalled it and reinstalled several times - deleting the registry, trying different install procedures and nothing works.

Also of note, whenever I put the African Adventure disc in my Disc drive now it pulls up the Marine Mania icon and when I try to install African Adventure all it will do is uninstall.  

This is incredibly frustrating and shouldn't happen for releases like this.  They beta tested it, and even installing the beta was a big hassel - To me, it doesn't seem like they fixed much because I can't even get into the game.  Can someone please help me.

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 05:29:12 PM »
I have a bug in this game where I can't walk around in guest mode since installing Marine Mania 2. :huh: This is really irritating me.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 07:56:27 PM »
The big issue now seems to be with African Adventure and possibly Dino Digs.  Marine Mania works if I just install that without any other expansions.  The problem was, it didn't change the link on the desktop to the appropriate file.  However, when I try to install Dino Digs again I can't open a game, it crashes the computer.  With African Adventure I can't even get that far.  I click install on the menu, and it brings me to an uninstall screen.  I've uninstalled the complete game, gone through the registry and eliminated any files i thought were related (by searching for zoo and z2).  I've even gone back and restored my system to a date prior to installing marine mania.  Nothing has worked.  I really hope someone else has the same problem and can help me figure out a solution.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
maybe try what worked for the beta - which means install in this order

ZT2
DD
ES
AA
MM2

this worked for me when beta testing - i know thatpeopel had problems with DD and the MM2 beta but we were promised it would work.  
theother thing to do is also make sure you are doing a clean install if you have modified any game files.  Also backup the optionsfile and any saved games as well and photos

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2006, 04:48:24 AM »
Quote from: RedNotDead;148538
maybe try what worked for the beta - which means install in this order

ZT2
DD
ES
AA
MM2

this worked for me when beta testing - i know thatpeopel had problems with DD and the MM2 beta but we were promised it would work.  
theother thing to do is also make sure you are doing a clean install if you have modified any game files.  Also backup the optionsfile and any saved games as well and photos

I've tried all that - I've completely removed the game from the system.  I've gone through the registry and removed stuff there as well.  Part of the problem is that African Adventure now thinks that the game is installed no matter what, and I can't install it again.  When I try to install African Adventure it brings me right to the uninstall screen with the "removed save games" option checked.  It's really weird, and I'd probably need the help of someone who knows how to thoroughly clean the registry of this game.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2006, 04:52:01 AM »
Have you tried (and forgive me, I am just trying to cover all bases, don't think I am insulting you by saying something like this) going through Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel? It won't uninstall correctly sometimes if you don't do it that route.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2006, 07:24:10 AM »
i also use CC resitry cleaner after unistalling games (which i did when i had the same problem with AA keep unistalling itself) and it worked fine - so basically i uninstalled all the games ran the registry cleaner then installed in teh order above and got the games all installed correctly.

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »
Does anyone else have the problem with the plants being just down right freaky looking? I really would like to no if this is normal of if its my graphics card. Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm not sure if this is a glitch but a placed Tussac Grass on a reef map and it was green but then I placed some in a Benthic Map and it was brown:blink: and I couldn't get the other color so I don't think its a variant. Also Male Sea Turtles don't use the variants, only females. And I downloaded ST's Asiactic Black Bear and the icon fix but I can't remove them even after deleting the files and it makes show animals have no icon but leaves the others with the little sea shell. Could someone please help? It feels like I'm playing the beta and not the final version.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:00:08 AM by willoughby »

Offline Snowstalker

• Scientist
    • http://zoo.ogresnet.com
Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 02:00:24 PM »
I've installed the entire XP, amd it says so. But when I click Play, nothing happens. I tried deleting old, useless stuff, and I restarted it. I even did as RND instructed, but still nothing.

EDIT: I waited for a few hours, and it worked. Maybe my compy needed a rest. :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 07:04:38 PM by Snowstalker »

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 03:38:23 PM »
The tussac grass probably reacts differently in the Benthic because their isn't as much oxygen in that biome as there is in Reef...maybe its programmed to be a different color in the different biomes. Some of the plants do have varients though, from what I understand.

The icon fix probably doesn't work because it was made for AA, not MM2. Try searching as there is a topic somewhere that has instructions of how to remove the files yourself. You probably just missed something.

I don't know what to tell you Snowstalker. Is the disc in the drive? And I know that the beta was 2 discs, and if the XP is the same way, then perhaps you don't have the right disc in.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 05:11:51 PM »
Before I even tried installing my MM, I used Add/Remove programs to remove my ZT2. Then, I installed in the order they came out: ZT2, ES, AA, MM. After that, I put back my downloaded stuff, including STC's icon fix. Everything works fine for me. I see STC's icons, plus the AA and MM ones. It may be the order of things you have to follow?

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 08:06:26 PM »
MM2 is not working whatsoever. I just had to uninstall everything again... I won't be playing it anymore until a patch is realsed. I don't want to sound hatefull and I'm really greatfull of BF for making this but Marine Mania is the worst expansion ever, without all the bugs it would be the best. So please realese a patch. Sorry if this is Off Topic, but is does have to do with bugs, and I just had to let this out somewhere.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 09:55:24 PM »
Quote from: AnimalKingdom;148587
Part of the problem is that African Adventure now thinks that the game is installed no matter what, and I can't install it again.  When I try to install African Adventure it brings me right to the uninstall screen with the "removed save games" option checked.
This was noticed during the beta testing, and I personally think this is a glitch with AA.  

Have you tried letting the game uninstall with the AA disc then reinstall again?  Doing that seemed to help many people during the beta, myself included.