Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 39062 times)

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »
i got mm2
and it wont close properly, i have to restart the computor to get it to close , can anyone help?: :( :

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 11:30:17 AM »
I was able to clean the registry by searching for all files that contained, "zoo", "zt2", and "africa" and then deleting those that i felt were related to zoo tycoon.  

This is a huge problem for the franchise.  Instead of fixing the bugs in the previous expansions, they churn out new expansions that are also bug ridden.  When the game can't even install properly it shows that they didn't really use the beta correctly.  I know this was a problem with the beta - and it wasn't rectified.  I would think the proper installation of the game would be something that was solved before even the beta was released.  This is a horrible example of releasing a game long before it was ready.  

With that tirade off my chest, it looks like it wasn't all bad - once I spent 8 hours trying to get the game installed, I noticed that the gigantic animals bug was fixed, and it seems they did make it so that guests no longer got into exhibits (so far).

Some things that were discussed in the beta that weren't rectified are as follows:
1. Tank fences on all animals, not just marine ones: Now they got rid of the tank fences for the zookeeper recommendations on animals that should be able to use them in hybrid exhibits like Hippos, Polar Bears, Emperor Penguins, etc.

2. The ordering of animals in the checklist.  This wasn't fixed at all... animals were previously order alphabetically with the females, males, young females and males displayed in that order.  Now there are discrepencies and it's annoying when you are trying to thin out a species and they're not all together.

3. Game lags - It's even worse than before.

I don't intend for this to be offensive or bashing Blue Fang, but this is really unacceptable.  Blue Fang, stop what you're doing now and make a fix all bug.  Do whatever it takes to make this series a success - it has so much promise, but hasn't taken off because of the problems with it.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »
Quote from: AnimalKingdom;149022
3. Game lags - It's even worse than before.

I don't intend for this to be offensive or bashing Blue Fang, but this is really unacceptable.  Blue Fang, stop what you're doing now and make a fix all bug.  Do whatever it takes to make this series a success - it has so much promise, but hasn't taken off because of the problems with it.

I think there are many things that cause bugs in one particular game. It's not the game iself (because I don't have them). It has to do with many things, like your particular computer, what else you have on there, do you play windowed or full screen, how many downloads you have, and other things. I truly don't think it's BF and/or MS that causes these, because if it WERE a game bug, everyone would have it/them. I think the problems are just things you have to figure out how to work around, is all. :juggle:

Offline Megaraptor

• Marine Biologist
Bug Reports
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »
Csleesburg is right. THose should be occuring to everyone. But seeing how they aren't, it probably has to do with you own computer or downloads on it. I've only witnessed two bugs, and they seem to only be with a specific map.

If there is a patch, it should lengthen the life-span of the Koi, Fix the Viewing Canopies so that they don't go through tank walls or fences, and some glitches involving Tanks and Paths.

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/998182
Bug Reports
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »
Please someone tell me if they are having these problems too. The trees and plants are grayish now and their preview image is bright white for most trees and plants and the tussac grass, kelp, and the tiny seaweed (forgot the name) But ones whos preview is a normal color they are the right color in game. Also it is more laggy then when I just had ZT2, ES, AA, and DD. I get a message saying my graphics card made to old to run it but the graphics card is the right type for the game. Also it won't work at all sometimes and I had to unistall everything and got rid of all my pictures and saved games when I told it not to. I also have no hacks or user created downloads (they were all deleted when I unistalled it.) Should I try installing it again? And does anyone else have these problems? If so please tell me what might be able to fix these.

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 01:36:03 PM »
Does your computer have the right graphics and memory chips to play ZT2?

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
All the system requirments are right.

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2006, 02:44:39 PM »
Since installing Marine Mania 2, I can't walk around in zoo guest mode, or in photo safari mode, this is really irritating me. This is what I wanted to do the most since getting Marine Mania 2!

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »
Hmmmmmmm.......I wonder, did you install all right files or Complete installtion of ZT2
because this has never happened to me.In fact I've never had any glitches happen to me.I also bought all my games in between 6months-1 year after they came out.All I can really say is that there is something wrong with the game,computer, or somethin g went wrong during installtion.Try starting from block one and go step by step.

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »
Willoughby - have you tried updating your graphics card driver?

WildOne - I have MM2 installed and have no problem walking around in guest mode.  It sounds like this is specific to your computer.  It could be a few things - UCI/hack conflict, old graphics card driver or a bad install.  I would try these steps in order: remove any UCI's and hacks, update the driver for your graphics card and if neither of those works, reinstall the game.

Offline ndmpatriot

• Zookeeper
  • Local Dressage Enthusiast
    • Zookeepers Journal
Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2006, 11:21:27 PM »
Quote from: AnimalKingdom;148587
I've tried all that - I've completely removed the game from the system.  I've gone through the registry and removed stuff there as well.  Part of the problem is that African Adventure now thinks that the game is installed no matter what, and I can't install it again.  When I try to install African Adventure it brings me right to the uninstall screen with the "removed save games" option checked.  It's really weird, and I'd probably need the help of someone who knows how to thoroughly clean the registry of this game.

That's the problem I had after uninstalling the Beta. MS couldn't even figure it out. I still can't figure it out. I tried searching the registry for the terms "zoo", "zt2" and "africa" and it said it found nothing except for an african language file. Any help is appreciated. Unless I'm searching it wrong??
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:46:00 PM by ndmpatriot »

Offline Simba

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2006, 11:40:55 PM »
Quote from: willoughby;149036
I get a message saying my graphics card made to old to run it but the graphics card is the right type for the game.

My friend had this same prob, but it's not heck of a prob though....He has 128mb graphics card and it's a new one and still it said the graphics card was too old, with the demo itself, I just clicked 'continue' and everything was Perfect!

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 05:19:50 AM »
Quote from: Megaraptor;149034
Csleesburg is right. THose should be occuring to everyone. But seeing how they aren't, it probably has to do with you own computer or downloads on it. I've only witnessed two bugs, and they seem to only be with a specific map.

If there is a patch, it should lengthen the life-span of the Koi, Fix the Viewing Canopies so that they don't go through tank walls or fences, and some glitches involving Tanks and Paths.

The delibrately changed the viewing canopies to be on the map size that it's on I believe (so that they don't go through the tank walls).  I don't know what you mean by the "life-span of the Koi".

I have done a clean install of the game, and the order that the animals appeared in the "animals in your zoo" screen hasn't been exactly perfect.  Here's what I have installed for non-Blue Fang content
sell animals hack (The easily removable one)
max guests up to 480 (not easily removable)
The problem seems to be more with the Marine Mania animals though - so it doesn't make sense how these two hacks are affecting it.  
As for my PC being the problem - I recognize that it's possible for things like lag (I'm also guessing that the 480 guests has something to do with that), but I have a 128 mb Radeon 9600 Graphics card, 1024 mb ram, and a 1.6 gHz processor

Offline ALIEN=REAL

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 07:08:02 AM »
I have the release version and these are the bugs I noticed:
(*means it happened more than once)
1.Animal being suddenly outside tank halfway in ground
2.*Animal sudden crated
3.*Going through tank walls in guest mode
4.*Awards panel not fully loaded
5.Worst of all a crate suddenly on path from nowhere with no name and when you use zookeeper recommendations the name is %text% and when you uncrate it the game will crash.

BLUEFANG MAKE A PATCH!

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 07:16:42 AM »
the last one seems like a hack/user content conflict  I used to get that a lot with some user contest - animals would ahve no name just blank spaces.

Offline dinwrest

• Zookeeper
  • Personal text!Sweet!But it's public...I'M CONFUSED
Bug Reports
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 09:27:08 AM »
I've noticed one , mildly funny bug. With the addition of the lanscaping underwater you can now make trees float! I tried making a koi pond with a wetalnds tree in the center and to my surprise you can landscape under the trees and the trees act as if there is ground. I believe you can also go under the trees.

Offline ALIEN=REAL

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 12:30:53 PM »
Quote from: RedNotDead;149319
the last one seems like a hack/user content conflict  I used to get that a lot with some user contest - animals would ahve no name just blank spaces.

I have no user content or hacks in my game

Offline orcawhale212

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »
My animals will not uncrate. I tried completely removing everything and reinstalling and they still will not uncrate. I click on the uncrate button and nothing happens.

Also I am playing the first campaign in the Marnine animals group and it is not crediting the animals towards completing the goals.

Offline willoughby

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »
I installed the game on my little brother's laptop which is newer and I haven't expirenced a single major glitch yet. So in other words the box has the system requirments wrong.

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 02:57:06 PM »
thats what I thought to.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
Has anyone else had the problem with animals not alphabatizing correctly on the zoo roster screen?

Offline GoneWild

• Senior Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2006, 04:06:29 PM »
the major bug I have found is that orca aren't able to go from show to regular tanks.  they go in fine but can't go back.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »
i have really noticed this 2 as gonewild said they stay in the show tank but after a while they get put on a crate

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 07:39:22 PM »
This is what I'm talking about with animals not ordering correctly:
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9121/zoo1uw4.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9786/zoo2km8.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9858/zoo3wd3.jpg
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9809/zoo4mq5.jpg

Notice how animal groups are broken up - i'm a little nervous to do a full uninstall, because it took me so long to get it working in the first place.  I've removed the sell animals hack, so now it's just the old guestMgr file that gets your max guests up to 480, that i've manually put into the appropriate z2f files.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Bug Reports
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »
I don't really know if this is a 'bug', but the money cheat doesn't work anymore! I was going to do one of the new MM2 scenarios, and was going to raise the money, but it won't let you do that at anymore. I they really want you to 'work' for the extra stuff. :innocent: