Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 41415 times)

Offline tazlover

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »
The money cheat was an original bug that was fixed with MM2.  The beta testers found out it was going to be fixed during testing. We tried toget M$/BF to leave it in but they wouldn't.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 06:31:59 AM »
this is minor, but i have unlocked the tv and the tuna,(theyre awesome!) but in the persistent awards section it shows that i have done no challenges. it really is minor, but it takes away from that sense of self satisfaction.:rolleyes:

Offline ALIEN=REAL

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:03 AM »
Quote from: eye_of_the_tiger;149720
this is minor, but i have unlocked the tv and the tuna,(theyre awesome!) but in the persistent awards section it shows that i have done no challenges.QUOTE]

mine used to say I did the challenges but doesn't anymore. Weird

Anyway,this is also minor, but for some odd reason the donation boxes in the scenery panel change order

Offline Azrael2110

• Pooper Scooper
Are these bugs? How can i fix them?
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 09:25:54 AM »
Hi guys. I've been playing ZT2 for 1 month and have all the expansions (ES+AA+MM). While playing I realize some bugs which are very annoying but I dont know how to fix them :crying: . Can u guy help?

1. A lot of food and drink in the exhibit and they're NOT near the fence . But animals keep shouting out they're hungry and thirsty :elvis: .

2. Animals keep disappearing (yes, disappear). I means there's no message such as they are killed or died of old age or not contained. Just simply disappear.

3. The list of animals in the zoo, when sorted by type, gets messed up. For example I have 4 lions and 4 tigers, then I sort by type and the result: Lion 1 - Lion 2 - Tiger 1 - Tiger 2 - Lion 3 - Lion 4 - ...

4. A lot of bench (and I'm sure they're "sit-able", but guests keep complain "guests need more place to rest" :pinch:

5. Window fence, but when guests pass the exhibits, they say "I can't see any animals from here" :wacko:

Can anyone help me? Cuz these bugs are really annoying and I dont know what to do with them :crying:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »
merged with existing topic pelase read the forums and use the search buttons before posting to see if there is an existing topic.

as for your list only no 3 is a real bug so far.  the guests have always complained about the benches, guests can only see so far into exhibits so if the animals are tooo far away the guests cant see them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 09:35:09 AM by RedNotDead »

Offline Spider Monkey

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Bug Reports
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2006, 12:41:26 PM »
When you click on a guest to look at their inventory, t-shirts do not show up.  (They did before, didn't they?)

Not just rockhoppers, but Emperor penguins walk sideways, especially on the rock island.  Looks bad.

Guests walk right through the touch pool.  

The only way I could get ZT2 to run after installing MM was to restart, hit ctrl-alt-del, and kill all non-critical processes, like AIM.  My computer exceeds the system requirements listed on the box.

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
Quote from: Azrael2110;149776

3. The list of animals in the zoo, when sorted by type, gets messed up. For example I have 4 lions and 4 tigers, then I sort by type and the result: Lion 1 - Lion 2 - Tiger 1 - Tiger 2 - Lion 3 - Lion 4 - ...

Can anyone help me? Cuz these bugs are really annoying and I dont know what to do with them :crying:

I have the same problem with the animals not ordering themselves properly.  Do you have any user made content?

Offline lf11

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2006, 01:52:36 AM »
My animals are also not listed the way they should be in the list.
My penguins walk sideways on the floating rock too.
I have noticed a couple problems with the manatees, I had one today that was halfway out of the tank, right before a baby manatee becomes an adult it appears outside of the tank and on the ground. I do not get any messages about it not being contained or that it is unhappy. This has happend twice on different campaigns. Wonder what would have happened if I hadn't noticed it laying there?

Offline AnimalKingdom

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »
A smaller thing, but you can work around it is construction of hybrid tanks with flat ground next a tank wall.  It's tough to get the ground level enough with the wall to make it work (also, animals seem to climb through the wall because the water level is lower than the wall itself).  The best way to do this for me is to raise the tank wall, level the terrain next to it, and then lower the tank wall so it's flush with the terrain.

The ordering of the animals needs to be fixed, not grouping similiar animals together is incredibly annoying.  Also, while they're at it, they should make it so the Masai Giraffe is alphabetically before the Reticulated Giraffe - in the game files, the reticulated giraffe is just listed as "Giraffe", so it doesn't order properly.

One thing that I have seen as an improvement, is that less guests are finding their way into exhibits - I don't think I've had one case of that yet.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 07:25:49 AM »
ok i have a lot of problems here with MM2. I can't clean the water exhibits even with the filters, animals get out of their exhibits and beach themselves on land and die, or they get so mad without their basic or advanced needs being up red. Can someone tell me what to do so i can solve the problem

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Bug Reports
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »
You can manually clean the water yourself. When you first enter the water in guest mode, it should ask you to hit space bar to clean the water. You may need to hit it three times to get it all the way cleaned, but I have had no problems keeping it clean like this.

What kinds of exhibits are you doing, tanks or natural exhibits? I must admit I haven't played much of the game yet, but in the beta there were a lot of problems like the ones you describe. (Let me tell you, this version is MUCH less buggy then the beta version haha)

Offline CrowRidgeStudio

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 10:50:11 AM »
About not being able to walk around in guest mode and safari mode, I had this problem too...I removed the "zoo zoom" hack, thinking it might be camera related, and now I have no problem.

I don't want to accuse the "zoo zoom" hack, but it did work for me....

Best,
Suzanne

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 10:57:38 AM »
Well as the hack was made BEFORE MM2 there is no guarentee that it would work.  It is always best to not use hacks in new EP's unless the creators have said they are specifically for that EP.

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 11:58:47 AM »
Thanks to your guys' acvice, I can finally walk around again! Thanks guys!

Offline Zoocrazyman

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 05:33:15 PM »
I'm wondering... is there any bugs that could permantely damage the game?

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »
Quote from: mikaboshi;150177
You can manually clean the water yourself. When you first enter the water in guest mode, it should ask you to hit space bar to clean the water. You may need to hit it three times to get it all the way cleaned, but I have had no problems keeping it clean like this.

What kinds of exhibits are you doing, tanks or natural exhibits? I must admit I haven't played much of the game yet, but in the beta there were a lot of problems like the ones you describe. (Let me tell you, this version is MUCH less buggy then the beta version haha)

You said that you go on guest mode and clean it. I already tried that but that dosn't work at all and the animals get mad really quicky becuase it's dirty in there. It's a regular tank.

I think that BF/MS rushed to put the game to sell without taking out the buggs. That's why I think that there are a lot of problems when you install MM2.:loony:

Offline Azrael2110

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »
There're surely a lot of annoying bugs. I've put tons of water into the exhibits but my animals kept shouting they're thirsty (and then going around do other stuff instead of go find a drink T_T)
And one more things I can never understand. How can an african wilddog still in an exhibit chase guests outside? Cuz it happened to me. Guests ran around saying they are chasing and when I check, the animal was sleeping in its nest :wacko:

Offline Amber1983

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.geocities.com/alaska_gurl_42o/index.html?1081121772130
Bug Reports
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
One thing that is really annoying for me is when your trying to do a show in the show tank it always says there is not enough roon to place prop, even when the tank is huge.  I wish you vcould manually place the trick areas to begin with, not only after the computer places them.  It only does that like 50% of the time though, but it's annoying, espically when you are doing a scenario game.  

The black tips are always getting out of the tank and beaching themselves too.  Oh and ALOT of my marine aniamls "fly" lol

I hope they do come out with a patch :)  This game is really amazing though and they did an awsome job.

Offline chameleongeek

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2006, 04:03:01 PM »
Sorry if it's been posted nut for some odd reason when I place and complete certain items it'll say Zoo tycoon 2 encountered an error and it closes it. Like today i spend half a hour saving money for a tank and when I put the last segment as soon as I placed it it encountered the error. Same with the jeep tour track. Not sure if it's with the computer since it's brand new and high end. But yeah it was annoying especially after spending so long training an animal and not saving.

Offline Amber1983

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »
I got another bug for everyone lol  When you try and delete the wall between a show tank and a exhibit it will prompt you saying something to the effect of are you sure you want to, all nonshow objects will be deleted, or something like that.  Well if you click ok and then try to hit the undo button it crashes my game.  Happens to me every single time lol  Try it :)

Offline horsecrazy

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2006, 05:08:43 AM »
When I zoom out, the Orca's head changes to the shape of a dolphin head.:blink:

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Bug Reports
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »
finished all the sceneriso in the marine animals campaign but even after arlug having her baby it didnt unlock the whale hall.  Had to hack the options file to unlock it even though all the other campaigns in the scenrio where completed and marked as completed and all goe=als within the campaigns marked as completed.  Had the same problem in the beta so it looks like some things have not improved.

Offline andypvera

• Pooper Scooper
Bug Reports
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »
Ok since you finished all the scenarios can you put them for download becuase they are very hard for me to finish all the animals get mad really quickly. And I know that the game has a lottttttttttttt of buggs. MS/BF should make a patch for MM2 really fast.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 08:15:08 AM by andypvera »

Offline steven90

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/steven90main
Bug Reports
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2006, 10:27:56 AM »
okay, i HAVE read the other topic, but i CANT launch zt2mm, i double click put the disk in again, everything, then i looked at the other topic, but i DONT have the old icon with the tiger eye on my desktop, and cant find it in my program files either, if someone has already said this i opologise but im realy annoyed right now :(

Offline Amber1983

• Zookeeper
Bug Reports
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2006, 12:51:48 PM »
i should check and see if i got the whae hall lol  I finished that too, but i had to release arlug to the wild lol  

Another bug i get is alot of the time when i am training an animal, after training them they never come back for you to reward them, that gets annoying lol