Author Topic: Buggy Tortoise?  (Read 8909 times)

Offline FantasiUllis

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 07:54:31 AM »
Quote from: Spider Monkey;147547
Personally, I always enjoy the "Clothing Optional" Days at the zoo.  I have a number of pictures that I think are hilarious but this is a family site.  All I can say is that it's a good thing my zoos sell t-shirts!

For those with this problem, defragmenting your hard drive cleans it right up.

My worst bug is while playing the Breeding Zoo campaign, the Galapagos Giant Tortoise crashes my computer *every* time.  I've tried everything, playing under different user names (lots of people in my family play ZT2), under different users in Windows XP etc.  I have to hard reboot to get out when it hangs.  It's definitely the Galapagos Giant Tortoise.  

I haven't read this whole thread, but I wonder if others have encountered this (I'll go back and check).  I'd really like to figure this out because my son is dying to get the breeding center.

FWIW, I did long ago get the breeding center, but only after multiple crashes.  I can't any more.

Well finally someone else have this problem!!! *yay* I hate that the turtle crases the game!!! What should we dooo? Without hacking?

Offline FantasiUllis

• Pooper Scooper
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Well we must do something about this since it is a major bug! It destroys all fun playing actually. I mean i really want to complete all scenarios but i cant so it sucks a lot! There is so many bugs and no patch for it =/ It makes me soo unhappy =(

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
I don't know. Do you have any user-created items?

Offline FantasiUllis

• Pooper Scooper
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 12:35:29 AM »
No it is the game itselfs that kills the game, have noyhinh else then the game....

Offline Panda King

• Marine Biologist
  • One flaming hot panda!
    • Panda-monium!
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 10:05:58 PM »
Yes the Galapagos tortoise.. If I start a new zoo and place one, it instantly crashes.

Offline FantasiUllis

• Pooper Scooper
They must
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »
fix a patch for this, I mean you cant play the hole campain because of it, you have to cheat to get breeding center...its not fun playing anymore =/:surprise:

Offline herdthinner

• Pooper Scooper
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
Ah, so I'm not alone.  Not only does the G Tortoise crash the game as soon as I even click on it in the selection screen, but zoos I'd made with the tortoise (and there are many, since I loves me some tortoises) crash the game after maybe a minute of screentime

Based on others' posts, this appears to be independent of having hacks/user downloads or not.  I don't have hacks anymore but have some user items.  Others have a "clean" game and still experience the crash.  To me that would point to the game.

Will also check the "ask BF" forums, but last I saw, they couldn't recreate it inhouse - a most dismaying situation indeed.

ETA - by "the game" I mean the MM pack

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 02:56:31 PM »
Yes as soon as i select The G. Giant tortoise, it crashes my game. The other turtle doesn't though :original:

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
Re: Buggy Tortoise?
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
Yes I hate that glitch it is so annoying! :angry: :angry:

Offline mo_uk

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 04:43:26 AM »
I have a new computer with a bigger graphics card and more RAM and now find that the Galapagos tortoise does not crash my game anymore.

Offline fanfreluche

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
For me, I just save the game, create the G. tortoise exhibit, save again, add a male, save the game again. It'll usually crash, but not intil it saves, I have just enough time between adding and the crash to save. Restart the game. Add a female, save, it'll crash again. Restart. I don't go interact with them, click on them, nothing. The game is usually fine after that. Did that help at all?