Author Topic: Animal Toys  (Read 2052 times)

Offline twoftmama

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Toys
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:53:47 AM »
Hi, I'm very new to Zoo Tycoon. I've only had it a week, (I know where have I been?). LOL I have what is probably a stupid question. Many of my animals want toys and I can't figure out what to use. My Olive Baboons, Mandrils, and Tigers especially. Do the tigers like the Lion Climbing rock? Will the Chimpanzee Bars work for the Mandrils and Baboons since they are all monkeys? What about the Lowland Gorilla? I searched the forum and didn't find an answer. Please help a newbie who is stumbling in the dark.:blushing:

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Animal Toys
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:18:20 AM »
Errm ive not played ZT1 for a while but i know only chimps use the climbing frame and only lions use the rock.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Animal Toys
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 10:08:22 AM »
Well, twoftmama, that's not exactly true. The gorilla especially loves the tire swing, and the gibbons will use the climbing bars and the swing. Gorillas also especially love playing with the bone (odd, isn't it?), as do many of the other ape family members. Most apes also love the figs and the orange feeder ball.

Although technically all the cats should use the climbing rock, so far almost none of them (including the lions) actually DO use it. It seems to have been a big waste of time 'winning' it, as many will tell you. It costs a lot and it's huge, but no one seems to like it. Bengal tigers especially DO like the rock pool, though! They spend a lot of time in it. In general cats like the bone, the small ball, the stuffed prey dummy and the car tire (not the one on the swing).

Hope that helps you keep your animals happy!:original:

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Animal Toys
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 10:11:58 AM »
clseesburg, this is for ZT1, NOT zt2 ;).

I find the best way to figure out what toy they want is to just stick one in. If they get happy faces, they like it, if they don't, then just click undo and try another. Hope this helps!

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Animal Toys
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:12 AM »
Cslessburg, I think, if I'm not mistaken, that we're talking about ZT1. Especially since he mentioned lowland gorilla, rather than mountain gorilla :)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Animal Toys
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:25 AM »
:paperbag: :blushing:
(just ignore me - I'm old)

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
Animal Toys
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 10:15:45 AM »
Quote from: csleesburg
:paperbag: :blushing:
(just ignore me - I'm old)

lol, aww. Don't worry about it. It happens :happy:

Offline twoftmama

• Pooper Scooper
Ty Ty Ty
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »
Tysvm Ev1 for the help. I really appreciate it!!!: :) :

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
Animal Toys
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:19:36 PM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

Only some animals have toys. There are no toys for baboons, mandrills, or tigers. So they should not say they want any. For gorillas, there are the Gorilla Climbing Bars. This has to be researched for it to show up in the purchase menu. Another way for it to show up in newly started freeform games is to use a Freeform Unlock. When the download database is back up here, it contains a Freeform Unlock. However, researched items will only appear in a newly started freeform game when using that unlock and will not appear in the purchase menu when you load a saved zoo.

Happy Zoo Tycooning! :original:

Offline panda11

• Marine Biologist
    • http://www.frontiernet.net/~TrentonV/
Animal Toys
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:56:12 PM »
Are you sure the baboons and madndrills and tigers want toys? that is odd.

The gorillas like the gorilla bars, which you need to research. They are many other researchable toys aswell.

Offline banmenowBK

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Toys
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »
The toys are used for the animals that are in the names of the toys. They don't work for anything else.