Author Topic: Animals Need Elavation!!!  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
Animals Need Elavation!!!
« on: July 04, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »
Okay every time I go to make a perfect exhibit for any highland animal or animal that needs elevation they tend to go and need more. How much elevation is needed for the following(and when I ask how much I mean how many sqauares up how many levels):

American Bighorn Sheep
Asian Black Bear
Bigfoot
Giant Panda
Ibex
Llama
Markhor
Mountain Lion
Snow Leopard
and the Yeti

If I sound kinda dumb I am sorry but my animals never stay happy without elevation. Any help is apreciated. Thanx :IloveZA:

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »
what i did when i played zt1 i would always lift it up until they say its to much then lower it

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
Okay thanx. I tried something similar. I took a corner and lifted and the lowered and then they complained that there was too little then too much. Maybe its just my game. Thanx again

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 09:44:07 PM »
the yetis need lots and lots of elevation but some times it helps if you have lots of diferent elevations like lots of hills instead of one big one

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »
Thanx I will try that

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »
i usually got this problem with the markhors in zt1 but in zt2 they dont complain so now im ok but zt1 its much harder because the exhibits have to be perfect

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 09:51:14 PM »
There is an Animal Suitablility Guide that I have always used that gives me good results for pretty well all the ingame animals. The guide even covers mixed exhibits. You can find it at Wisco's site Here - Click on Animal Center

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 09:55:33 PM »
View the animals' info under either Wisco's Zoo Tycoon or My ZT Guide.

First you calculate the number of 'elevation points' you need - Wisco's gives a percentage, which must be multiplied with the number of squares in your exhibit - my guide already has the math done for the minimum exhibit size for the minimum number of animals. Then you adjust your exhibit to match that point count as closely as possible. Each sloping (non-flat) tile counts half a point, and each exposed cliff face (i.e. not facing to/from the fence. Height doesn't matter) counts one point. The best way to get lots of elevation points with as little math as possible is to raise/lower individual tiles using the cliff tool in a checkerboard pattern (this gives 4 per raised/lowered tile), however this isn't very pretty. The best-looking method is a mixture of slopes and cliffs.

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 09:57:25 PM »
thats kinda like what i said about different elevations right i think thats what you are saying

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
Except mine uses more math. :laughing:

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 10:02:59 PM »
you got me there :happy: i think mine is alittle more vague too

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 08:18:13 AM »
Somttimes instead of hills the animal will want a cliff the na hill and then a cliff they will be very random at times but mostly follow the :happy: faces

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »
Thanx. I got it to where my animals are good with their exhibits elevation wise but now I have to figure out how to make it hwere the guest can see the animals. I looked at the guide for wiscos and it said for most of the animals that they dont need the elevation. Maybe I should see how that works out. Thanx again

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:46 PM »
Most animals will tolerate the few suitability points lost to lack of elevation, but the markhor would require special attention - the suitability should be at least 92 (90 bare minimum, but some allowance has to be made for poop waiting to be cleaned up) to keep them happy.

Offline mintralcat

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 09:07:13 PM »
yaeh my markhors allways complained
what do you mean by the poop clean up?

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 08:01:46 AM »
Animal and guest happiness(and animal suitabitlity) go down with having poop in the exhibit. The longer it is in there I think it makes them more unhappy.

Offline Gaterade

• Zookeeper
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 09:17:35 AM »
Try observatoion towers or pit exibits (but with elavation that would be pointless)

Offline Okapi_Keeper

• Zookeeper
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »
Quote from: Gaterade
Try observatoion towers or pit exibits (but with elavation that would be pointless)

Yeah it would be pointless. I decided to do the observation tower idea.

Offline Knoxx

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »
For elevated exhibits I put them with the back of the exhibit using the map wall. I place the animals stable/cave against the back map wall in the middle. I then reduce the hill making grid down to 1 square. Then I raise a square right in front of the shelter entrance.

I do this till I they are happy with the height. Since the back is a straight drop I believe that you get cliff credit for it, leaving me to only pop a few squares with the cliff mode to please pandas. Most animals don't require the additional cliff squares though.

This makes a very nice hill sloping up to the back allowing the guests to see the animals with no obstructions.