Author Topic: A Couple Questions For A Newbie  (Read 2238 times)

mitzibear

A Couple Questions For A Newbie
« on: September 25, 2005, 07:59:46 AM »
I just got zoo tycoon Complete collection this past week and while my zoo is built and running great I have a couple questions. I want to make more exhibits but I have run out of room. Is there anyway to buy more land?? If not what should I do take away some exhibits or what? The one they show on the inside There is really so much more I would like to do with my zoo and I feel I have only touched the tip of it all lol. I just yesterday learned about the reasearch and how it can earn you more stuff if you do it :)  So any help for a newbie would be appreciated. By the way just curious I am 28 are then any others here who are about my age who play?

Mitzi

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
    • http://s15.invisionfree.com/shadowstar/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »
There are actually some that are a lot older than you, namely the mods and admins. No, there is no way to get more land. Why don't you start another zoo?

Offline TapirLover

• Zookeeper
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 11:55:35 AM »
thats true, and theres no way to break down zoo fences :lol:

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 11:58:26 AM »
UNfortunatly.

mitzibear

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 12:47:33 PM »
Oh wow you would think they would make it so you could buy more land lol :) So start a whole new zoo? One more question please. I played a few Scenarios and they seem like fun my question is can we choose different places to make our zoo at like in those scenarios they had them set in different places. :) Thanks for any help.

Mitzi

Offline Wooly Rhino

• Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 12:54:03 PM »
The scenarios are unchangeable.

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 01:10:21 PM »
For Zoo Tycoon1 (which I'm assuming you're talking about because it's the Complete Collection)

you can't techincally delete the outer main zoo walls, but there is a download here that will enable you to change and alter the starting maps. However, you might want to get more comfortable with the general gameplay before you start messing with that.

Also, while it's true you can't "buy more land" keep in mind that there are different map sizes..what map size is your current zoo on now?  if it's small, the medium and large maps afford alot more room and creativity. If it's already a large, then you might want to look at how big your exhibits are...it took me a while to realize that I was making my exhibits waay too big and that most animals didn't need or even want that much room.

I reccommend reading some of the incredibly helpful articles we have over here: Articles

Those may answer some questions you have as well.

Have fun and hope that helps a little.

mitzibear

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 02:42:43 PM »
Thanks Yeah I knew the Scenario's you could not change and I found what I was talking about hehe after I posted that post. Yeah my zoo was a small one :) .I am working on large one now. Thanks for so much help. I noticed something that said you could change the names of your exhibits but how do you go about doing this? Thanks again :)

Mitzi

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 12:13:01 AM »
Very simple:
Click on an exhibit gate to bring up the exhibit menu. You can click on any of the appering fence icons that will be different colors, depending on wether they're tanks, show tanks, exhibits with no broken fences, exhibits with a few broken fences, and exhibits with a lot of broken fences. Click on any icon to go to that exhibit/tank. There, you can rename it by clicking at the bar at the top that says Tank/Exhibit/Show Tank 1,2,3, etc. Also you can change it when the 'name this exhibit'? window pops up, right after building an exhibit. I also suggest reading the manual, that's a big help. :) Good luck in zoo building!

mitzibear

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 05:06:38 AM »
Thank you all so much :) I appreciate the help. I am still working on my big zoo :) Its a lot more complicated then the first one I did which is awesome cause I wanted a challange hehe :) I am glad I decided to join here as I was getting upset at the zoo tycoon and thinking wow this is all you get but as I keep playing I find there is lots more to it and that makes it better.  :P  I am going to read the PDF file that came with my game now. probably should have done that before lol. Thanks for putting up with my questions though :)

Mitzi

Offline Zookreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 07:07:30 PM »
Hi Mizi, and welcome to ZA. When you get a chance try looking at the show and tell threads on this site. You will see that there is a whole lot to this game. Then there are downloads........... :w00t

mitzibear

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 07:09:04 AM »
Yes, there really is alot to this game. I even have ZT2 now so I have lots to learn on both :) ostly yesterday I tinkered with the ZT2 and its really neat. But I still love ZTCC the way the camera was on it I got used to that :) Yes I noticed all the wonderful downloads and even downloaded a couple zoos to get inspiration :)  Lets just say this game can really keep you entertained for hours on end lol.  :P  Thanks for the welcome!

Mitzi

doodlebug103

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 06:16:53 PM »
Sorry bud, you'll have to make a new zoo, try one or two sizes bigger. I have some tips for making it so you can get the most out of your space.

If it is animal buildings (insect house, reptile house, theater) stick to the 3 or 4 that get the most guests.

If it is just bulky animal cages, think of what size they are. Don't make them larger than you have to. Also, don't EVER resize the cage because it can't hold all the animals unless there are only like 2. Just sell the animals 1 by 1 (and wait a minute or two in between) untill they are happy again. If you have only 2 animals and it isn't big enough, no choice but to resize...

If it is simply all the food those fat guests demand, I have 1 answer: CAFES!!! All you have to do is by a cafe and make it only 3 or 4 dollars to buy. Add a large bathroom next to it and you are done. This is actually cheaper because you take away multipule machines, picnic tables, trashcans, and sidewalk.

I hope that covers it, and if there is a different case that you ran out of space for, just post it.

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
Please do not bump old topics. closed.