Author Topic: game crashing  (Read 1337 times)

Offline scaryizme

• Pooper Scooper
game crashing
« on: November 18, 2006, 06:14:30 AM »
I am a new user and I have downloaded some bldg's and animals and added them to my game.  I have converted some dll's langZA01,langZA03, langZA02 and lang050MS and removed the necessary files.  The problem is that after I get so far into my zoo, the game crashes and will not load back up.  I am guessing there is a conflict but I don't know how to find it.  Can someone help me please?

scaryizme

Offline Jay

• Zookeeper
game crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:38:20 AM »
Welcome to Zoo Admin.

I do not know what you mean by your game not loading back up.

There are many possible causes for a game to crash. The more information you can give, the better. For example, what are you doing when the game crashes? Does it crash at the same place every time? Does it crash on the same game date every time?

Hopefully you did not remove a ".dll" file that should have stayed. Also, the ".dll" files for some older buildings can cause sporadic crashes. Hopefully you did not run any "patch" programs from older downloads. Hopefully you do not have any user ".dll" files that are larger than 1.8 mb.

If the ".dll" files are as they should be, then you might have to remove the user ".ztd" files that you installed. Then try them one at a time and test them in Zoo Tycoon. That should indicate which ".ztd" file, if any, is causing the problem.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
game crashing
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
Duplicate topic. Closing.