Author Topic: Getting the Animals to Show Up and Work...  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Roonnq101

• Pooper Scooper
Getting the Animals to Show Up and Work...
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »
Ok, I downloaded all the files I wanted, unzipped them, and they are currently sitting in downloads folder in the ZT 2 folder.

I read both sets of instructions, and from what they said, I should be done. And I think I am. I open ZT 2, and everything I downloaded shows up in the download section (one of the buttons on the start menu). Unfortunately, when I go to play a freeform game, none of the animals show up on the list, nor do any of the ambients appear.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have my files in the wrong place?

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
What folder did you put it in?

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:49:10 PM »
Alright. For starters, what XPs do you have? Some of the animals WONT work if you don't have the right expansions.

Also, some are not animals at all; they are varients, which means they color your EXISTING animals.

Furthermore, some files, if they do not come with a .dl file, need to be placed directly into the install directory for ZT2, WITHOUT any folders.

Is the folder that you are currently placing them in located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads

Offline Roonnq101

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:32:03 PM »
I have the MM XP, but I uninstalled it because the game kept crashing with it installed. And I made sure the animals I downloaded could work without XPs. I also didn't download any varients.

And yes, I have the the .dl and .z2f files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads .
However, when I first put them there, they didn't show up, so I tried and put them in the folder that was in the Downloads folder (C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Microsoft Games/Zoo Tycoon 2/ downloads/zootycoon_com_zt2_1033)

Inside that folder are nine other folders that were already there. They're all named 1015_1.0 or something else where the fifteen is replaced with another number. Only two of them have something in them (the stuffed prety dummy, and the black leopard). I think the rest are empty because I deleted everything I downloaded when I uninstalled MM.

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
i just place them in the main zt2 folder

Offline Roonnq101

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 03:41:40 PM »
Edit: Never mind, I worked it out.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:22:15 PM by Roonnq101 »

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »
Glad to hear that.