Author Topic: i was having trouble with downloading...  (Read 1420 times)

Offline loveunicorns

• Pooper Scooper
i was having trouble with downloading...
« on: March 20, 2007, 07:42:10 AM »
in the old zoo admin. I was having trouble downloading animals likethe liker and that horse that came in lots of colors. The files would have a bajillionlittle files in them, and it didn't work. willi still have this problem?

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Re: i was having trouble with downloading...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »
Well, first off, there are not a bajillion little files.  There should be only two files that you need unless you opened the .z2f which you aren't supposed to.

Offline Budgielover101

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:41:28 AM »
When you download a ZT2 user created download from the database (which isn't up yet but it's not too far away) you should get a .zip file which you can open with WinZip or another similar file zipping program. Inside it should be a .z2f file and a .dl file, extract both of these using the zip program to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads.
If you still have questions try checking Download Support.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
If this is related to Zoo Tycoon 1 and you are getting a lot of files like img files and .pal files it means winzip has gone to far or the zip you got is actually a ztd file and does not need to be unzipped.

For ZT 1 zip files - if you open the zip you should only see between 1 and 3 files depending on what you have downloaded.

Some will contain only 1 file - the ztd file usually named filename.ztd

Some will contain 2 files - the ztd file and a .dll file - the .dll file is used for buildings and some animals.

the 3rd file you may see is usually a .txt file which is a readme file the creator has included to give information on the file and installation instructions.

We also have an installation guide for both ZT 1 files and ZT 2 files in the download support area of the forums to help you out.