Author Topic: I'm confused... Is there a new APE version.  (Read 1358 times)

Offline pettamapossum

• Pooper Scooper
  • Tree huggin' animal nerd
I'm confused... Is there a new APE version.
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »
The version of APE that I have dosen't let me make buildings, and a lot of important animal things aren't there, and I have checked the tutorial. :eggcrazy

Offline pettamapossum

• Pooper Scooper
  • Tree huggin' animal nerd
Re: I'm confused... Is there a new APE version.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:43 PM »
Does anyone know how to download the newest APE version? Mine stinks... or maybe I stink. :eggsad

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
Please use the modify button rather than double post. This is a forum, not a chat room and it may take hours or even days for you to get a satisfactory answer to your question.

As to your question, I'm going to assume you are talking about APE for ZT1. If so, then this file has not yet been uploaded, and neither has the file that allows you to do buildings. Admittedly, I know nothing of ZT1 designing though, so hopefully someone who does will be by shortly.

If you are talking about APE for ZT2, then its just a tutorial, and of course only applies to animals.

Offline Yellowrose

• The Warden
  • Webmaster
  • Game Warden
    • Zoo Admin
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:55:36 AM »
If this is related to the APE version for ZT 1. You have the right version of APE. Buildings made for ZT 1 frist start out just as scenery objects like any other object then the files needed to make it a working building for guests to use are edited and added. And the Site combined dll gets updated so the building's messages are available in game.

All this information for anything related to ZT 1 is available in the Creativity Center area of the forum under APE Creation & Help.

For Information on ZT 2 there is some information in the ZT 2 area of the Creativity Center and what you can't find there you can find at pneguinman's site ZT 2 Designing Center HERE you may have to register as a member to be able to have access to the information you are looking for.