Author Topic: Changing Donation Ammounts for Animals  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Methane

• Pooper Scooper
Changing Donation Ammounts for Animals
« on: July 02, 2006, 01:16:57 PM »
A short disclaimer:

You should always create backup files of ANY game file before you edit it.
If you somehow mess up, it's not my fault. The directions here are acurate and valid.
I DO NOT have any expansion packs for ZT2. These directions were written for and from the origional ZT2, and things may have been changed around for expansions.
I am not advocating cheating on the game. This is merely a guide, and what you do with it is your own decison.
You need an archiver like WinRAR to edit your game files.

So, let us begin.

If you are having a lot of trouble keeping money rolling in for your zoos, or somehow feel that the default donation ammounts aren't realistic, or maybe didn't know animals HAD minimun donation ammounts and are just looking out of curiosity, then I may be able to help.

As always, I'm going over this step-by-step for those of you new to game editing. When you see some blue down yonder, that is when the actual editing starts, and experianced editors can skip down to that.

Open up My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > Microsoft Games > Zoo Tycoon 2

Or, just paste this address in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

Click on the entities.z2f file. If a message comes up asking you what program to use, select your archiver (I use WinRAR).

In the entities file, you need to click on these files:

Units > Animals > Ai

This is where the actual editing starts.

Click on the MAIN file for an animal. Each animal has seven or eight files. As an example, the Grizzly Bear's main file is BearGrizzly.xml. Do not choose BearGrizzly_Young_F.xml or BearGrizzly_Adult.xml. Just BearGrizzly.

Near the top of a large block of text, you'll see this line (or just use Ctrl + f if you don't):

f_BaseDonationAmount=???"

The question marks are replaced with the base donation ammount. In the case of the Grizzly Bear, it's 100.

So all you do is replace it with whatever number you want. I don't sugest going much over $200; guests probably won't have enough money and simply won't donate at all.

Just save the file and start up your game. When guests start donating, the minimum will be whatever you set it to.

PM me with any questions you have.

[COLOR="Red]PLEASE NOTE: THESE GUIDES INVOLVE EDITIING YOUR GAME FILES.  IF YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE ORIGINAL GAME FILES. WE ARE NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU MAY ENOUCONTER FROM FOLLOWING THESE GUIDES.  RND - FORUMS ADMIN[/COLOR]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:45:49 AM by RedNotDead »