Author Topic: Editing Scenarios  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Methane

• Pooper Scooper
Editing Scenarios
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:51:19 PM »
Well, the eighth guide from Methane in three days. I'm on a roll :happy:

I figured this out quite a while ago, but I'm now poking around to see if I can find out how to make scenarios. I saw this come up, and thought I should write a guide on it. Aren't you all lucky you have me around?

This will give you any amount of money when you start a scenario. Thankfully, doing this is very easy so a complete beginner can do it.

Obviously, you need WinRAR or WinZip, or whatever archiver you use. Ready?

Go to your main Zoo Tycoon 2 folder

(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2 for windows)

Scroll around until you find a file named 'scenario'. Open it up. Inside there are a couple folders, open the one called Campaign.

Inside this, you will see several documents. Each of these is one set of scenarios (You know, the first set is the Tutorials, and the next one is like the Zoo Saving set or something. The point is that they are sets.)

Let us say you are having a LOT of trouble beating that Second Generation Breeding scenario. Open the file called 'speciessurvival.xml'.

This is the best part. Check it out.

Wow... they even use the word cash in there for easy identification! In each of these scenarios you start out with $20,000, as you can see in the coding there. All you do is up the amount to whatever you want (I don't sugest anything over 9 million). Then save and restart the scenario. Sorry, but the money won't magically apear if you already have the scenario started.

Now, this is the second part: That state=locked line can probably be changed to state=unlocked, but I haven't tried it out, so I wouldn't know.

[COLOR="Red]ONCE AGAIN, THIS GUIDE INVOLVES EDITING GAME FILES. NEITHER METHANE NOR ZOO ADMIN IS RESPONSIBLE IF YOU CREATE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR GAME BY FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE. EDIT GAME FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK. -Methane[/COLOR]

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Editing Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:40:31 PM »
That's very interesting, but, truthfully, the "Money Cheat" works just as well, and you don't have to edit any files (unless you want to). :original:

Offline Methane

• Pooper Scooper
Editing Scenarios
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 04:54:43 AM »
Pfft, you have no sense of adventure ;)

I myself have updated the Dandelion to cost $1 and shell out $50k for recycle, and one of the small rocks (temperate, I think) to cost $10k and recycle for $0, so I can add money for an upgrade then remove extras.

Also, for those of us Editing fiends, it's just funner to trick the game instead of plain old money cheats :P

I would like to mention that I have literally not slept in the past twenty-three hours, so my mentality may be a little off-center.