Author Topic: Xml File Mods Won't Work With Es!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Xml File Mods Won't Work With Es!
« on: November 01, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »
:help  I had various xml file modifications in my original ZT2 installation, but now that I have ES installed, most of them don't work :!  :?  I really wanted to be able to use Sharkman222's GUEST LIMIT INCREASE v.1.0, because I can't make enough money to complete the scenarios!!  (And I'm only on The Great Savannah Zoo, and I can't get 4 stars, because I'm out of money!)  I tried pasting the edited guestMgr file into the ai folder within the expansion folder (x100_000.z2f) and rezipping it, but it caused a fatal error that won't even allow the game to start.  I also couldn't get my edited overheadcam.xml to work, so I could zoom out farther.  I think the post I got that info from was by casey in ZT2 Editing.  I also had edited xmls in entities for the original game, so that animals and some buildings were cheaper and less upkeep, but that no longer works either!! :(   I would appreciate any help anyone could give me SO MUCH!!  Thanks guys!!

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:43:07 AM »
Reinstall to get it working. You will lose your games, but it's the only way.

As for the downloads working, they just don't with the XP. New editions have to be made.

Offline Gibbon-Fanatic

• ZA Designer
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://s12.invisionfree.com/zootoria/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »
Have you tested the Realism Pack Teaser

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »
Originally posted by Gibbon-Fanatic@Nov 2 2005, 01:17 AM
Have you tested the Realism Pack Teaser
No I haven't.  Does it work?  I don't know enough about coding and such to make mods, I've tried.  :sad  Can someone design a new guest limit hack?  I just want to get through the campaigns, so I can see what the unlockables are, but I can't generate enough revenue.  Thanks for replying guys!

Offline Gibbon-Fanatic

• ZA Designer
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://s12.invisionfree.com/zootoria/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:08:22 PM »
could you please dl it and tell me how much your peafowl cost

monkeyboy

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:31:23 PM »
I just bought ZT2ES here in the US today.  I cannot get the XML modified files to work either. :sad
If some could please help.  Also, I had a money trainer for ZT2 that now causes to game to freeze.  If someone could please fix either or hopefully both of these problems, I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 11:14:44 PM »
for the money trainer - we dont support trainers here -

as for the other xml files you need to contact the creators of them and ask for them to edit the files - if they can