Author Topic: Esp Bugs  (Read 1593 times)

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Esp Bugs
« on: November 15, 2005, 12:40:52 PM »
I didn't see this topic anywhere else, so if y'all want to move it, feel free. The three major things I've noticed happening in my games, which didn't before I got ES, are:

1.  Before I added ESP, my koalas never escaped. Now they're climbing fences (I'm talking about acrylic fences!) :shocked  And no, I'm not stupid enough to put trees by the fences - it's like the chimps - they're climbers. But, they shouldn't be able to climb acrylic glass fences! I keep finding koalas in various other exhibits, as well as just walking around the zoo. I only find it out when I check my animal stats and see that one or more koalas are unhappy about their space/biome.
2.  My gazelles (ALL of them -Mhorr, Dama, Thompsons, Grants) seem able to have immaculate conceptions, but not ONE of them shows a mate, and they keep getting pregnant. One time, there even WASN'T a male in the exhibit. Think that's a  bug or do real gazelles do that? :erm
3.  My camels keep appearing on elevated paths NOT in their exhibit!! (good trick, camels...). ;)  I'm wondering whether or not the koala/camel things have to do with the Jeep tour through their exhibit...?? Although I use someone else's suggestion to double-gate the entrance/exits so no one can escape.
Any ideas on whether these things are actual bugs? :blink

EDIT: think the animals are riding the Jeeps????? :lol

Offline ChimpsandOrangutanz

• Pooper Scooper
Esp Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:45:08 PM »
i think that to solve ur camel problem u should have two fences beside your gate and another gate. That way, the camels (they escape on most zts) will be trapped in a small exhibit and u will be alerted. soz if u dont understand

Offline Spyder

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Esp Bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 12:50:21 PM »
Your animals can escape when the jeep door opens to let the jeep through. Make a mini exhibit with two jeep gates to make sure this doesn't happen.

Offline ChimpsandOrangutanz

• Pooper Scooper
Esp Bugs
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »
thats wat i was tryin to tell you. Spyder said it better though.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Esp Bugs
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 04:36:09 PM »
Originally posted by Spyder@Nov 15 2005, 03:50 PM
Your animals can escape when the jeep door opens to let the jeep through. Make a mini exhibit with two jeep gates to make sure this doesn't happen.
That's what I was trying to say I do DO, when I said I used two gates. I read already to do that, so I do just as you say, and put a small fenced square, just big enough for the Jeep, right inside the regular exhibit, so, as you say, if an animal escapes, it will be trapped in there. But, I never get any notices about the camels. I just 'find' them wandering around the zoo! One simply 'turned up' in my CHIMP exhibit, clear across the zoo!  :blink
Sometimes it tells me when the koalas escape.  When I put one of them back, I tracked it, and it actually SAID 'going to climb fence'!!  :shocked  Tricky little devils, aren't they?
Thanks for the answer, though. (Personally, I still think the camels are actually buying tickets and riding the Jeeps...) ;) hah. lol

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Esp Bugs
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 05:15:39 PM »
I have a pit exhibet, with an elevated path around it, totally surrounded by cable fencing, and yet somehow, it says "Crocodile 3 is loose. And then when I go over there, guests are running around the Croc exhibet and on the bridge going over it, but the crocodiles are safely contained! Whats up with that? (and your camels probably are riding the jeeps, LOL)

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Esp Bugs
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 06:35:50 PM »
Originally posted by Alpha Dilophosaur@Nov 15 2005, 07:15 PM
I have a pit exhibet, with an elevated path around it, totally surrounded by cable fencing, and yet somehow, it says "Crocodile 3 is loose. And then when I go over there, guests are running around the Croc exhibet and on the bridge going over it, but the crocodiles are safely contained! Whats up with that? (and your camels probably are riding the jeeps, LOL)
Guests must be falling in the exhibit. I've had the same problem with zebras, I check to see why there is screaming and see about 50 guests in the exhibit being chased by zebras! Cleesburg I think your being a victom of the escape bug, it's a bug so that ungulates escape fences that are suitable. Annoying, I ended up selling my giraffes because of it :>< For the koalas I think you should check the Zookeeper Recomondations to see what fences are suitable. And koalas like escaping, maybe try adding trees? There needs to be one tree per koala I think, cause they don't like sharing trees.

Offline chihuahua_lover

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Esp Bugs
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 06:37:54 PM »
where are the Zookeeper Recomondations

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Esp Bugs
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 06:39:33 PM »
If you click on one of your animals, you'll see a circle with a zookeeper. Click on that and that's zookeeper recomendations.

• Scientist
Esp Bugs
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 06:43:04 PM »
How are the guests falling into my Croc exibet? Its totaly surrounded! What are they doing, jumping off the bridge?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Esp Bugs
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 08:27:51 AM »
Originally posted by dootdoot@Nov 15 2005, 09:35 PM
And koalas like escaping, maybe try adding trees? There needs to be one tree per koala I think, cause they don't like sharing trees.
Oh, thanks Dootdoot! I do have trees, but only two, plus the lookout post. No, the trees aren't near the fences. I'll have to add a couple more for the other koalas. Is that actually TRUE that they don't like sharing trees?
That's interesting that koalas like to escape! I didn't know that (and will keep it in mind...!) ;)

p.s. - as far as the camels riding the Jeeps, I think I'll put a post, a reverse of what they do at Disneyland, which will say,"If you're taller than this, you cannot ride this Jeep!" Maybe that'll stop 'em!  :lol

• Scientist
Esp Bugs
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005, 08:49:18 AM »
Maybe that'll stop 'em. And its true that Koalas in the game never share trees. In real life they do, but I guess the trees in the game just aint big enough for the two of  them.