Author Topic: Donation Problem  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Donation Problem
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:59:56 PM »
I downloaded the ocelot made (I think) by Martin 1990 as soon as it became available.  The problem is, it never shows up in the listing of donations per species in any of my zoos.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is it a coding issue, or are they just too small for guests to see?  Could I use a low fence for them?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  I like having some small animals, but there's no point, if guests don't even notice!! :?

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Donation Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 10:25:10 PM »
this is just a guess, but could it be because it's a usermade download and not an official animal?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Donation Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 11:35:28 PM »
most of my usermade downloads that i have  get donations from the people well the ones by tomcat do and czar white tiger did  and they also have the guest gifts as well.  i have noticed that some of the other animals by other designers donot have donations or gifts so i guess its the designer who has not programmed that in, which is a shame.

• Zookeeper
Donation Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 09:50:46 AM »
Thanks for replying guys!!  Yeah, it must not be programmed in, b/c the ones by Czar and SilesianTomcat work for me as well.  I just quit using the ocelot, b/c guest didn't pay much attention to it... I figured I'd just use the space for something else. :sad

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Donation Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 07:17:06 AM »
I have similar problems with other user-made animals.  In fact, I just made a mixed exhibit with pygmy hippos and saolas.  Guests walk up and look at the exhibit, and they point and talk.  However they have NO thoughts about the animals, they don't get any green happy faces over them, and they give no donations towards these animals.  They just stand there, thoughtless, until they walk away, or worse, walk away with angry faces because the zoo isn't amusing enough.  Has anyone had donations or guest thoughts about these animals?   :8

• Zookeeper
Donation Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 07:50:51 AM »
I get donations for pygmy hippos and saolas, but I forgot to check for thoughts... Maybe if you delete them from your downloads folder and add them again it will work. :huh   I only have problems with Martin1990's animals, but he didn't includ the coding for gifts and donations...I PMed him about it, and he said he cannot figure out how :sad  I hope you get the saola and pygmies to work!!

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Donation Problem
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 10:38:38 AM »
Thanks, Wildlife Enthusiast.  I figured out the problem, actually.  :)

I realized my guests were saying "I can't see any animals from here!"  So I thought, "Well, let's put a chimpanzee in with them and see what happens."  And the guests didn't see the chimpanzee, either.

I looked and looked at my exhibit, trying to figure out what was wrong, because I could see the animals when I walked around in guest mode.  As a last ditch effort, I tried changing the fencing to post and rope, and that worked!  The guests could now see all the animals.

Turns out for whatever reason the guests couldn't see through one of the wire fences I was using from Martin1990's wire fence pack.  I haven't experimented with all the fences yet, so I don't know if it's a problem with all of them.  My guess is, I was using one with the stone posts, so maybe it was made out of the tall stone fence which I believe guests can't see through, and the code wasn't changed so guests could see through it.  But I could be wrong, as I don't really know anything about editing objects, having not tried that yet myself.

Long story short, my saolas and pygmy hippos work now!   :rolleyes  :D

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Donation Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 10:47:19 AM »
yes i believe that was the problem with Martins fence i know the problem was fixed and the new fence put up at Zoo Tycoon Empire but i do not know if Matin changed the file here at ZA, maybe a PM to him to ask might give you an answer.