Author Topic: A Slight Bench Problem  (Read 1555 times)

Offline realmscat

• Pooper Scooper
A Slight Bench Problem
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:52:27 AM »
I have a problem with my Zoo Tycoon 2 game. I keep getting a message that guest need places to rest..and no matter how many benches I place down..They don't use them..Any explinations?

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »
Sometimes even picnic tables work and make sure sure the is access to these items. I try to place them in the middle of the path so they cannot miss them.

Offline realmscat

• Pooper Scooper
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 06:35:22 PM »
Well I discovered if I place the benches in the center of a path they walk through them..If I place then in the grass they use them just fine. Discovered that after watching them walk through them for awhile.

Ruffed Lemur

A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:13:46 PM »
What I do is make double paths, because if guests walk through them, it means they can't get in front of them to sit on them. You have to have at least one tile free in front of your benches so guests can sit on them, which explains why they do if its on grass.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 10:23:36 AM »
So, you shouldn't put benches right next to an exhibit fence, even though it lets you do it???  Maybe that's why people are always complaining, eventhough I have a thousand benches everywhere. :huh

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 10:53:39 AM »
Yeah that's interesting.  I always just thought as long as you don't block where the green arrow says, you'd be fine.

Offline mikek21

• Pooper Scooper
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 11:07:14 AM »
This was probably pretty stupid on my part, but I used some of the jungle themed benches in one of my zoos and didn't realize I had placed them backwards. The jungle themed benches have no back on them, they are just a flat bench. They look the same from front and back. When I placed them in my zoo I did not pay attention to the green direction arrow.

I had several of these benches along a path across from a nice gorilla exhibit. I was strolling through my zoo in guest mode, and when I came to the gorilla exhibit, there were a number of guests sitting on the benches, but they all had their backs to the gorillas. It looked pretty funny, but that's how I realized I had placed them the wrong way.

I guess the point is, if you use the jungle themed benches, and place them right up against a wall, or some other object, just make sure you face them the right way.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 11:44:29 AM »
Heh.  I think the guests should be able to sit either way on those jungle benches!  For some reason if I'm not watching the arrows, I always put the tundra benches backwards!  I don't know why.
I know this is a little off-topic, but is there a "right" way to place the viewing canopies?  I can never tell which side is supposed to face the exhibit.  I flip and flip, and the sides look slightly different to me but I can't figure out which way they should go!   :lol

Ruffed Lemur

A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by Wildlife Enthusiast@Sep 16 2005, 05:23 AM
So, you shouldn't put benches right next to an exhibit fence, even though it lets you do it???  Maybe that's why people are always complaining, eventhough I have a thousand benches everywhere. :huh
Most likely. But I see the problem. I have a huge zoo right now, but guests complain they are tired and hungry and nothing else, even though I have 6 food courts and millions of benches.

Offline Penguino

• Game Warden
  • E Spheniscidae, Spheniscidae
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 02:49:36 AM »
Originally posted by Peacenote1@Sep 16 2005, 02:44 AM
Heh.  I think the guests should be able to sit either way on those jungle benches!  For some reason if I'm not watching the arrows, I always put the tundra benches backwards!  I don't know why.
I know this is a little off-topic, but is there a "right" way to place the viewing canopies?  I can never tell which side is supposed to face the exhibit.  I flip and flip, and the sides look slightly different to me but I can't figure out which way they should go!   :lol
I don't think it matters in the game, but I think the higher end should be touching the fence.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 11:27:11 AM »
Originally posted by Penguino@Sep 16 2005, 05:49 AM
I don't think it matters in the game, but I think the higher end should be touching the fence.
That's what I do too.  And for the safari one that looks kinda even (to me anyway), I usually clickon something else in the object list to see which direction its front side is facing and use that as a guide for rotation, b/c any object in the choice panel will appear in the last rotational position you used.  Hope that helps! :happy

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
A Slight Bench Problem
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 11:37:05 AM »
Actually, yes, both good tips!  So is the front side the side that the guests walk into?  I actually stopped using them because I am a stickler for doing things "right" and it bothered me that I wasn't sure which way it should go!!  I'll have to try again now.   :)