Author Topic: Beautification Pack  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Beautification Pack
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:32:43 PM »
Lately, every time I launch Zoo Tycoon 2, it tells me that the Beautification Pack is ready for download.  Of course, it's been installed in my game for a long time.  At first I thought it started happening after I installed a certain user download, but I uninstalled that one and my game is still giving me that message.  Has this happened to anyone else?  It doens't affect the game in any way, but it's kind of annoying.   :blink

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Beautification Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 10:10:12 AM »
I have been having the same problem, Peacenote1!!!  AAArrrggg!  I decided last week sometime to remove same of the user-created animals from my downloads folder, and I have less of the Guests are starving, guests need a place to rest, or need desserts, but I still get the beautification pack thing.  I think I'm going to uninstall all my user-created stuff, just to see what happens.  I can never fit all the animals I want in one zoo anyway. :sad

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Beautification Pack
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »
Well I'm glad I'm not alone!  I was thinking that it was related to a user made object, as opposed to an animal, since the Beautification Pack is objects, but so far I haven't nailed down the problem.  You'll have to let me know if getting rid of everything works!  :)  I'm hoping it doesn't come to reinstalling the whole game....

• Zookeeper
Beautification Pack
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 08:55:23 AM »
Peacenote1,  Removing all user-created content did work!!  No more Beautification Pack messages for me! :sw00t  I just put all the animal downloads into a folder on my desktop so I could put add them back easily, if I want to use any of them.

Offline Peacenote

• Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
Beautification Pack
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 06:31:10 PM »
Inspired by you, I went and tried to nail down exactly which user download was causing that message.  I *think* that it was actually Martin1990's preview pack, which I downloaded from his website.  Did you install that, by any chance?

Now I don't get the Beautification Pack message anymore (YAY) but I don't get the daily fact message anymore, even though I tried turning it off and back on.  It doesn't really matter though, and I know if I reinstalled the game it would probably work again, I'm just lazy.   :rolleyes

• Zookeeper
Beautification Pack
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 10:06:09 PM »
No, but I did have the wire fence pack, and noticed on other threads that people have had different problems with it.  Maybe he just does something a little different with the coding.  I know he leaves out the coding for gifts and donations on animals, so maybe something is different for guest interaction for his objects.... I don't know I'm just glad to be rid of that message and have far fewer complaining guest messages!!  I don't have the patience to try each download one by one.........and I guess it is possible that it is a combination of two or more that are incompatible with one another. :crazy  I know I ran into a lot of that when I first bought ZT1 and starting downloading hacks and objects like mad from ZA!!   :happy