Author Topic: Windowed Fencing Bug?  (Read 919 times)

Offline Honor

• Zookeeper
    • http://www.doublehelixstudios.com
Windowed Fencing Bug?
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:57:46 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a known bug with windowed fencing, specifically the brick/glass fencing? I looked in the known bugs thread for ZT2 but didn't see this.

Tell me if this has happened to any of you before:

I have Okapis that are continually escaping from their exhibit, and into either the jaguar exhibit below or the grassland next to them. They are only escaping in these two places and not in any other areas of the exhibit.

Elevation details: The jaguar exhibit is adjacent to the okapis but lowered down, so the okapis are kind of on a "cliff" above (see my current yafi zoo for a picture) and the grassland is right next to the jaguars but the same level/height as the okapi exhibit.

Most of the fencing is the "Rainforest" themed fencing, including areas they AREN'T escaping from. I "doubled" the fencing between the okapi and jaguar enclosure and that *seemed* to stop them escaping into their, but I'm not 100% on that right now. The area that leads to the grassland where I know they're escaping to uses the brick/glass fencing and I'm wondering if that isn't what's causing the problem (maybe they were escaping through there and then just jumping down and landing in the jaguars exhibit?)

I've gone through all of the fencing and areas in guest mode and zoomed in overhead mode and there's no missing fencing pieces and the terrain is even and smooth where the fence is. It doesn't start to slope until beyond the fencing.

So is this a bug you think? the okapi is moving "Through" the glass? or is there something I'm missing?

Offline spike164uk

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Windowed Fencing Bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 02:33:34 AM »
I've certainly noticed my cheetahs can just walk straight through fences with a glass window, but they always seem to do so near a gate, so maybe they can get through that?  :crazy