Author Topic: Endangered Species Tips  (Read 23857 times)

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 06:14:38 AM »
Okay kiwibuddy highlight for the thing that happenssceaming people, after all your spinning the world around, THEY ALL SCREEEEEEEEAM AHH I can't unlock them either, don't you get them after unlocking the Endangered Specieas campain(sp) so I can't get them because the second one involves geting a tortiose and they won't work for me

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 06:20:18 AM »
never make a sumaritain rhino angry mine got angry and broke his fennec

Stealth Jaguar

Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 08:25:11 AM »
Originally posted by Zoo Animal@Oct 25 2005, 04:02 PM
never put the fennic in the water...it CAINT swim
That got me mad real fast, they kept getting stuck in shallow water  :angry

Offline Tatalp

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2005, 08:38:01 AM »
Ok, I'm sure I sound like an idiot for asking this, but where did you get the ES?  I thought it's coming out Nov. 4th!

Offline Zoo_Master

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 09:16:35 AM »
Yeah, there was some confusion and mis-information about that.  It came out in the U.S. just last week.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »
Nov. 4th waw the release date for the U.K. I'm sure it was. :8

Offline zoohio

• Speedy--Master of Water Effects!
  • Copa Cabana
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2005, 01:28:40 PM »
This is an excellent tip:

I remembered from a tutorial or the manual that Endangered Species needed lots of privacy. When a challenge or campaign ask to breed a certain animal, build the exhibit with solid fencing. Then build the elevated path over the fence to keep the animals at peace. This works especially well with a crowded area.

Offline Leveler

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 01:31:12 PM »
I do that alot zoohio

Anyway, what does the Conservation breeding center do? and how do you unlock the roadster buggy things?

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Good strategy. Just remembered that when they first announced ES. They mentioned the Jeeps, elevated paths, and sky trams won't bother animals! :P

Has anyone noticed how guests rate you tours? They say stuff like, "There should be a desert biome." or "There should be a temperate forest biome!" They also looking at plants that the jeep will pass by, so my suggestion is.

When building a jeep tour, try to feature as many biomes as possible, and put as many plants as you can next to the road.

Offline penguinman

• Ridge on the Barrel of a Capstan
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Game Warden
  • Artifex!
    • Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 07:11:37 AM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Oct 29 2005, 02:33 PM
Good strategy. Just remembered that when they first announced ES. They mentioned the Jeeps, elevated paths, and sky trams won't bother animals! :P

Has anyone noticed how guests rate you tours? They say stuff like, "There should be a desert biome." or "There should be a temperate forest biome!" They also looking at plants that the jeep will pass by, so my suggestion is.

When building a jeep tour, try to feature as many biomes as possible, and put as many plants as you can next to the road.
I havn't tried that yet, but I do remember one time that I made one with like 3 biomes, and the guests complained about how they wanted just one biome featured. Then I did that and they liked it more. Maybe they would also like one that has all biomes though, since its more exciting.  :)

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 06:45:06 PM »
Yeah, you need to do alot of things right to have a guest like a sky tram tour, for example, I didn't feature enough biomes, so I put the sky trams as high up as I could, the guests loved the tour.

Offline Ramin_Raptor

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »
never got a sky tram before only jeeps. heres my tip dont let your jeep go through tortoise exhbit. Since u cant have the turtle exhbit to big the turtles will alwas be in the way and they take for ever to move. this lowers donations made and people in line get mad.I suggest if u want a tour through the turlte exhbit place through the area the turles least go to make the ride move faster. Also dont have 1 male and 2 female wolves. the wolves fight and its alwas the pregant one that dies for some reason. :sad  And one more tip u might want to decline challenges in beggining until u get the earthquake challenge. It really wreacks your zoo if its big. Trust me.

Offline Leveler

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2005, 04:10:58 PM »
I've got another tip. to keep predators from killing each other, keep them in male female pairs in a large enclosure but seperate the pairs by creating cliffs between them

Offline Animalman

• Pooper Scooper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2005, 08:04:16 PM »
I think you should always have a big cage for the crittically endangered animals, so they can be secrative.  :cool

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2005, 06:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by Animalman@Nov 4 2005, 10:04 PM
I think you should always have a big cage for the crittically endangered animals, so they can be secrative.  :cool
Yeah, another thing I learnt the hard way.......... :sad

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 05:04:24 PM »
Tips for keeping wolves:
Female wolves will fight. They will. Even if there is the same amount of males as females. They will. So keep them in pairs, until they get pregnant then you can move them to another spot if you want.Then they will stick to eachother. They all want to be with the dominant male (just find the one that always growls at others, or the first to get pregnant). If your female insists it wants that male instead of the new one, remove the female and the male you want her to breed with and put them in the same enclosure with no other wolves. Wait for the female to get pregnant. Males will sometimes fight eachother for females, or even sometimes because they feel like it (one male wolf killed five others, only three of the had mates). If you find a male who wants to fight everyone, DON'T RELEASE HIM IF HE HAS A MATE. This will bring choas. Instead, place him in a different exhibit, along with his mate. Wait for a couple months, and then put him in the regular enclosure. If he still wants to fight, release him and his mate. Male fighting is rarer than females fighting, so you could try keeping all males in an exhibit with no females(I haven't tried this, do at your own risk!!). If a female's mate dies, remove the female and put her in a seperate exhibit, and place another male (without a mate) or buy one. If she has puppies move them too. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of deaths caused by fighting (which most are, come to think of it).

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »
Originally posted by Honor@Oct 27 2005, 02:30 PM
the fennec's always "get stuck in water and can't swim" but my water holes are medium sized, so I haven't tried giving them a puddle/ :happy
Realize I'm reading this kind of late, but I LOVE fennecs and have lots of them. Even with a puddle, they stick in it (smallest I could possibly get). Plus, they then 'poop' all around it. Just forget the water/puddle altogether! And, although the Zoopedia says, quite correctly, they live in the desert and don't really need to drink, they DO protest if you don't give them a water bowl.  :sad  :(

Offline Trex

• Zookeeper
    • http://comcast.net
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 07:34:51 PM »
Never have flamingo eggs in a croc exhibit, my population has lost 17 FUTURE GENERATIONS 17!

Offline LemurGirl

• Zookeeper
    • http://madagascarfans.proboards52.com
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2005, 07:40:37 PM »
I have had lots of flamingos lay eggs in my croc exhibits.

Offline Trex

• Zookeeper
    • http://comcast.net
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 07:41:52 PM »
What I meant was, don't have it in an exhibit where there's baby crocs.

Offline LemurGirl

• Zookeeper
    • http://madagascarfans.proboards52.com
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2005, 07:42:26 PM »
Oh, ok, I get ya now! Sorry!

Offline TapirLover

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 02:01:37 PM »
one tip. Never make the jeep rides too long. One of mine takes 30min to go through it once!!!! (two reasons, one because it was too long, second because my computer was lagging badly) If i show u my map, ull see wat i mean

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 02:19:02 PM »
good idea. :blink

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2005, 02:20:44 PM »
Same goes for sky trams I guess. My guests form a long, and they don't donate hmm, eventhough the ride has some tour objects and some exhibits...

Offline otusasio451

• Zookeeper
Endangered Species Tips
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2005, 02:22:15 PM »
HERE's a tip...When making a Keep tour, to get from one exhibit to another without having the guests interrupt your path, always make elevated paths from INSIDE the exhibit. Yes, you probably all know this, but for THOSE who DON'T...