Author Topic: Money Cheat/tip  (Read 16815 times)

Offline LemurGirl

• Zookeeper
    • http://madagascarfans.proboards52.com
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 02:33:06 PM »
Originally posted by jabby_jabby@Jan 10 2006, 03:27 PM
Still doesn't work for me. Maybe it IS because I don't have the ES expansion pack.

Is it supposed to show up right away as you're doing it? Or does it stay the same on the screen until you go into the campaign challenge?
No, I believe it doesn't work with the regular ZT2. I've tried it without the ES and it wasn't successful. I need to try it with the ES now.

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
    • http://
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »
It should change right a way, you get 100 for every time you press the up arrow, so it probably only works with ES.

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2006, 08:04:03 AM »
Originally posted by csleesburg@Jan 10 2006, 10:57 AM
Even thought it ALLOWS you to, it keeps you from going into a negative balance in Freeform (that bothers me...! :lol )
That bothers me, too!!  Can someone figure out a way to enable money for freeform?  I want to be able to see my starting cash value and revenue, but I don't like playing challenge games with so many user-created animals installed, because I never seem to get the animals I need, even at 5 stars!  I want to have money enabled and all animals available!!  Any ideas? :huh

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 08:34:26 AM »
Yes, the money cheat DOES work for Free Form, too. Just do as it says and when you actually start the game, you'll see you have several million (if you leave it for a half hour).  :lol Just remember, you can' SEE it change in Free Form, but it does.

Offline D"Lady

• Pooper Scooper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »
That bothers me, too!! Can someone figure out a way to enable money for freeform? I want to be able to see my starting cash value and revenue, but I don't like playing challenge games with so many user-created animals installed, because I never seem to get the animals I need, even at 5 stars! I want to have money enabled and all animals available!! Any ideas?

I want that too!  I don't playing freeform, because for me the challenge is gone.  I want to start with a particular sum, and see what I can do with it.  I don't like playing the campaign or challenge games over and over, and I don't like the unlimited freeform.  I'm a capalist at heart, and I like working with a budget.

And, with all the UCI's, there are two campaigns I just can't seem to win because I can't get the animals I need.  I run out of time because I'm always having to deny stuff that comes up that doesn't help me.  I should've finished all of them before I started downloading new stuff; but the truth is, I can't resist the stuff people make!  And I can't wait for more building and more interactive items.... (so all you talented folks get crackin'. :) )

But, my son loves the limitlessness of the freeform.  His zoos are always these incredible, fantastical creations where money just isn't an issue.  For him, having to stick to a budget would be confining & stifling.  He builds things that just blow my mind...and most of his zoos are fenced off so people can't even come in...they're more like animal sanctuaries.  

I wish there was an option at the beginning of the freeform game -play with money, and choose an amount; or limitless.  That way, we could both be happy. :)

Offline fwten

• Pooper Scooper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:49 AM »
well actually holding the 'up arrow' and clicking the up button (i mean, hold the left button of ur mouse) and it will raise faster :D :D

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
This doesn't work in freeform from what I know.... :erm  :8  :whistle

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by fwten@Feb 8 2006, 01:23 PM
well actually holding the 'up arrow' and clicking the up button (i mean, hold the left button of ur mouse) and it will raise faster :D :D
 :huh You mean doiing both at the same time?? :blink That would be nice!

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »
Originally posted by Zoo@Feb 8 2006, 04:34 PM
This doesn't work in freeform from what I know.... :erm  :8  :whistle
When you start a freeform game, click on the money button, and a popup will tell you how much money you have (the same amount you would have in a challenge game). However, this is of no importance as you can play however you want to and spend as you like. :D You can spend and make losses in the millions, but nothing happens. That's why it's freeform !

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 09:30:47 AM »
Yes, I know it doesn't, but I don't LIKE working in the negative, so I tried it, and it DOES work for Freeform. :lol

Offline Giraffedude

• Zookeeper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2006, 01:54:28 PM »
ow this helps sooooooooooo much yeah i can beat every thing now

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »
I have to try that out that freeform money cheat, do you get the shiney golden gate in freeform too?

Offline virtualdiana

• Pooper Scooper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2006, 03:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by Doooot@Jan 9 2006, 07:13 AM
Well I was just talking about making a new object like an ATM, a trashcan or something (which I have done) and in the settings of this one I change the cost to 1 and the amount of money you get when you recycle it to 999 (can't seem to get it higher than this) just like making a new object, just changing the costs. This way it's easier to not cheat, just don't us them or delete the z2f. So you don't need a backup of files.

Also I did this because I just can't seem to get the cheat to work with the up key, but I might be doing something wrong.

EDIT: ooh using the old xml files should get the ATM to get you more.
Well I was just talking about making a new object like an ATM, a trashcan or something (which I have done) and in the settings of this one I change the cost to 1 and the amount of money you get when you recycle it to 999 (can't seem to get it higher than this) just like making a new object, just changing the costs. This way it's easier to not cheat, just don't us them or delete the z2f. So you don't need a backup of files.

Hi, I'm new to this site although I've been lurking (and benefitting) for a while.  I just registered and tried the suggestion above from Doooot and had even greater success than I'd anticipated.  :D   Not sure I understand why, though.  

I'm a programmer by profession, but I don't have much experience with XML, so I just edited the xml file from an object I'd downloaded (the pellet dispenser) because I knew it wasn't vital to the game if I screwed it up.  Anyway, in addition to changing the recycle amount to 999 as suggested, I also changed the word 'debit' to 'credit' under the buy section and changed that amount to 999, as well.  I hoped this would mean that I would be credited with $999 whenever I bought or recycled the pellet dispenser.  

I did this because I was worried about what I would do if a big staff payday rolled around and I was suddenly several thousand dollars in debt and didn't have a pellet dispenser to recycle.  I wouldn't be allowed to buy one while in debt, even if it did only cost $1.

Anyway, my experiment worked so well I feel guilty.  Now when I buy a pellet dispenser, I'm credited with $999.  And when I recycle a pellet dispenser, (here's the surprise), I'm credited with $9,990!  So I feel a little guilty but I don't have to use it if I don't want to so it's a nice option to have when I need it.  I'm sure someone could explain why I get $9,990 back rather than $990 but I don't really care a whole lot.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this little tip and say hi to everone and have fun playing ZT2!

VirtualDiana

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2006, 04:07:49 PM »
Wow, virtualdiana! For your first post, you sure helped a lot! WHAT an excellent idea!! I think I may try that with some of my stuff!

It's nice to meet you, and after saying Howdy, I urge you to go over to Introductions and meet all the rest of the 'gang'! :happy I know you'll be a great asset to ZA!

Offline mysticat

• Pooper Scooper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2006, 06:44:22 PM »
Can anyone explain how to edit an xml file for things like a recycling bin?  And where do you find it?  I'm technically challenged.

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
Mysticat, this is really a ZT2 Editing Question. You can find many topics located here. Search those before posting your question in that Forum. And, just so you know, they are not hard to edit. :happy

Plus, you need to read this topic, first.

Offline Animalman

• Pooper Scooper
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2006, 06:06:49 PM »
There isn't a money cheat unless you download one from the downloads!

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2006, 08:58:31 PM »
Animalman, there certainly IS a money cheat, and I would suggest you first READ the post, and not post uncessary comments just to bump old topics in the future.

Offline Peregrine Falcon

• Zookeeper
  • Avian Fanatic!
    • Mount Zephyr
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »
Well, um,
yes, what I do is put a heavy paper weight on the up button and leave to watch tv for 30 minute and come back for some major mulah! grin.gif

I............left it on, for about 2 hours.......... :>< ............and I had like 1 billion dollars....... :wtg
If BF & MS make a money cheat in the game, they should also make like cheat items that cost ALOT!, because, what's to do with 3 billion dollars?
I landscape alot, makes your zoo look good.

1 billion dollars

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2006, 01:04:39 AM »
welll - you could try and get the blimp for a 20 year old zoo - every time you feel bored with the zoo wipe it out and rebuild from scratch

Offline Doooot

• Copa Cabana
  • Marine Biologist
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2006, 01:15:41 AM »
Originally posted by Peregrine Falcon@Apr 2 2006, 01:23 AM
Well, um,
yes, what I do is put a heavy paper weight on the up button and leave to watch tv for 30 minute and come back for some major mulah!  grin.gif

I............left it on, for about 2 hours.......... :>< ............and I had like 1 billion dollars....... :wtg
If BF & MS make a money cheat in the game, they should also make like cheat items that cost ALOT!, because, what's to do with 3 billion dollars?
I landscape alot, makes your zoo look good.

1 billion dollars [/b]
Well this section is for zt2 and your picture is from zt1, so wrong spot.

koala king

Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2006, 03:32:46 PM »
Can you edit files if you have a mac? I can't find any file like that.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2006, 04:25:19 PM »
Help! I can't get it to work. I have the ES. You have to press the up button on the keyboard right? Well, that just makes me go forward. I put the mouse cursor over the box where it shows how much money you have and pressed the up button, nothing happened.  :huh  

I want this cheat! I read in the forum that you have to click once or something before you try it, what does that mean? Click the screen once, or the money box, or what?

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!! :(  

Oh.... wait, do you mean you can only use the money cheat while you are choosing the campaign, or also when youare playing the scenario/challenge? It works when the screen with the globe comes up and you choose the campaign, but can you also do it during the game? Like in ZT1, when all the fences break?

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2006, 04:48:35 PM »
Well, I can't answer about ZT1, because I don't have it, but in ZT2 you put your mouse on the money (even when you can't see the money in FreeForm), click once, then weigh down your UP arrow key. When you finally 'accept' the zoo/campaign/challenge by clicking the green arrow, you'll see you have gobs of money (depending on how long you weigh it down for). And, even though you have over $1 million, you don't get the $1 million gate. That only comes when you actually take in $1 million in profits. :rolleyes

koala king

Money Cheat/tip
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2006, 05:15:53 PM »
Yes, but your pointer has to be hovering over the up button.