Author Topic: Animal Houses  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Cochin007

• Scientist
    • http://cochin007.fotopic.net/
Animal Houses
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 10:11:48 AM »
They should have higher wall like fences , liek steven said before - this would complete it.
I've tried this in another way ,watch this pic :

Rock walls with elevathed path. It also works.This roof has a foodcourt on it. I do let some of the poles of the path standing,so that is more realistic.
I believe this way you can make real stables in stead of the shelters,it's jsut cool.
thank you steven. I'm sorry if this post is wrong.

but it would be coolest  if you could actually built real buildings in stead of this surrogates

Offline csleesburg

• An Oldie But Goodie
  • Game Warden
Animal Houses
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 10:25:27 AM »
There's also a download that includes the ACTUAL zoo walls. Those are VERY helpful in making protected areas. Used with elevated paths, you could amke your own 'conservation area' until they release the 'conservation area' wall itself.

Offline Animalman

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Houses
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 06:29:33 PM »
Do what Trex and steven said, but split the exhibit in two!

Animalman, this topic is 3 months old, and seems to have been settled. I have already warned you - stop bumping old topics!

Offline DinoBird

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Houses
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »
I came up with the same thing by myself! :w00t  I use concrete on most of it and glass by the paths! :idea  I also use small animals!  :idea

Edit: Hello??????????

DinoBird, this is not a 'chat room'. Do not expect an immediate answer to your posts. You'll get one - eventually.

koala king

Animal Houses
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 07:18:24 AM »
If you have a mac or just don't have ES, you could use the canyon idea until ES comes out for mac or you get ES, the canyon is a great alternative.

Offline wolfkid92

• Scientist
  • The Wolf Within
Animal Houses
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
Originally posted by White Fox@Dec 7 2005, 08:58 PM
Hey, here the pic Gibbon-Fanatic:

Pic
wait you can see the underside of the elevated paths?! i can its invisible but the sides of the paths arent...the reflection doesnt show either!

Offline Visser X

• Pooper Scooper
Animal Houses
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2006, 03:04:31 PM »
Originally posted by csleesburg@Dec 10 2005, 12:25 PM
There's also a download that includes the ACTUAL zoo walls. Those are VERY helpful in making protected areas. Used with elevated paths, you could amke your own 'conservation area' until they release the 'conservation area' wall itself.
Exactly what download is that?

koala king

Animal Houses
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2006, 04:14:02 PM »
Maybe you can't see the reflection because on some computers you can't.

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: Animal Houses
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »
i love making animal houses using small cute animals

Offline zoo_tycoon_person

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »
i use marine tank walls (if yu have MM walls).

I was stupid and enclosed the whole thing in them and it went underwater. :angry:

Offline badisbadis101

• Senior Zookeeper
    • My Projects
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »
yeah, me too. it makes better buildings, in my opinion

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:12 AM »
Yeah, I always use tank walls for animal houses. To keep them from filling up with water, I usually leave at least one normal fence piece and replace it with a staff fence.   :cool:  :happy:

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
i do the same thing which always works.  i als like to make aquatic animal houses

Offline Chimpinater

• Zookeeper
  • I am Dr. Chimpinater!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »
I've made a giant testtube with the tank walls. :juggle: :happy2:

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 02:55:58 AM »
Using elevated paths to make houses is hard work, and tank walls are apparently better. However, I don't have MM2...  :boohoo:

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 05:36:25 PM »
With all of the discussions about elevated paths, perhaps it would be a good idea to build a "multi-dimension" zoo. It could use the entire lower level for animals, the second level as a food court, the third level for tanks, the fourth level for a food court, the fifth level of endangered species, etc.

Great idea  :goodjob:!

ilovesimgolf

Offline Packraptor

• Zookeeper
  • Don't make me go Jurassic on your butt!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »
We can't build exhibits on elevated paths. Nor can we build tanks on them, unfortunately.

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »

We can't build exhibits on elevated paths. Nor can we build tanks on them, unfortunately.

Well that's not good! But you could still make a multi-dimensional zoo, with a food court and kiosks above the exhibits.

I really like the idea of Animal Houses, but does it actually increase animal privacy, and, do guests actually care, or is it just for us?

ilovesimgolf

Offline Wild One

• Zookeeper
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 09:48:19 PM »

Well that's not good! But you could still make a multi-dimensional zoo, with a food court and kiosks above the exhibits.

I really like the idea of Animal Houses, but does it actually increase animal privacy, and, do guests actually care, or is it just for us?

ilovesimgolf

It's just for us sadly. I really wish Blue Fang added in an animal house feature.

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »
I wish they would include a building feature like they have in Roller coaster tycoon 2-3. It would make animal houses a lot more convenient to build.

Also, I have come up with a few techniques for building animal houses with tank walls. I usually try and conceal the one wall I must leave blank, usually with a large tree or rock. I also try and not build the ceiling too high up, or it makes the inside to spacious and makes it look to massive and undecorated from the outside. I lower the ceiling as far down as possible, maybe a few above the minimum, then raise up the tank walls in all but one area. Then, I place a large rock or tree in front of the gap, as I mentioned above, and add a plain grey fence in the last spot. If you add enough trees around the gap, you can make it look like a fully enclosed animal house. If the grey wall cannot be covered up for any reason, the low roof makes it look like less of a gap :D

Offline Orcalover101

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
I know this is a odd question, but where do you find that zoo wall, cellesburg (sp?)

Offline BottleNoseDolphin1

• Zookeeper
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »
Now, if you have marine mania 2, you can make the animal houses even more attractive by using tank walls beneath elevated pats to make completly enclosed exibits!!!!!  :egggrin

oh, just noticed the last person beat me to it  :egghappy oh well, but ive made a massive primate house out of this idea  :clap: