Author Topic: Getting 5 Stars  (Read 6818 times)

lozlo

Getting 5 Stars
« on: March 06, 2005, 02:27:31 AM »
it's anoying, i think i did everything right.
got the nice anymals got them everything they need
but my rating is stuck at 4.5 and now even falling back to 4

my 2 problems are
educational exibits - (witch i think i did oke because all the exibits have nice trees and and rocks and plants that soot the animal)
fun animals - (do you think i need to trow away stupid animals and adopt cooler once i do have polar  bears and chimps so there fun richt?)

if anyone can help i'd be very happy

Lozlo

p.s sorry for posting in wrong tread please move it admin :(  sorry

Offline Purring Tiger

• Marine Biologist
    • http://
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 07:53:11 AM »
Yah, I'm having the same problem.  How do we make the exhibits more educational?
 :(

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 09:56:27 AM »
You could try having more educators with the podiums, and make sure there are ONLY trees/plants from where the animal lives.  I also noticed you should try to put shelters that they would normally use because I saw a guest thinking "Polar bear 1 looks odd using the small wooden shelter"
It says you can use them, but some are better.

Offline Purring Tiger

• Marine Biologist
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanx for the tips mo. B)

samemo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »
if your guests arr hungry and tired that might be your problem, also releasing animals into the wild will get you more fame and so will breeding endangerd animals.

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:36 PM »
somtimes viewing shelter things help ;)

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 11:33:07 AM »
Originally posted by mo15@Mar 6 2005, 10:56 AM
You could try having more educators with the podiums, and make sure there are ONLY trees/plants from where the animal lives.  I also noticed you should try to put shelters that they would normally use because I saw a guest thinking "Polar bear 1 looks odd using the small wooden shelter"
That's too bad. To keep my tundra exhibits, like the Polar Bear and Musk Ox, from getting bland, I just put boreal forest trees. Looks a lot cooler. But my computer can't handle a zoo bigger than eight exhibits, so there's no way I could get a five star zoo.  :P

lozlo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »
k ill try, i got most of the things right already just need to get some info people in there
anyone know's good anymalls to raise my fun animal status quickly?

samemo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 10:50:48 PM »
monkeys are very popular and so is any baby animal, try to win awards to get your zoo fame up, and also keep animals happy, clean and feed.

lozlo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 02:27:31 AM »
it's anoying, i think i did everything right.
got the nice anymals got them everything they need
but my rating is stuck at 4.5 and now even falling back to 4

my 2 problems are
educational exibits - (witch i think i did oke because all the exibits have nice trees and and rocks and plants that soot the animal)
fun animals - (do you think i need to trow away stupid animals and adopt cooler once i do have polar  bears and chimps so there fun richt?)

if anyone can help i'd be very happy

Lozlo

p.s sorry for posting in wrong tread please move it admin :(  sorry

Offline Purring Tiger

• Marine Biologist
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 07:53:11 AM »
Yah, I'm having the same problem.  How do we make the exhibits more educational?
 :(

Offline mo15

• Pest Control
  • Game Warden
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 09:56:27 AM »

Offline Purring Tiger

• Marine Biologist
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
Thanx for the tips mo. B)

samemo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:26 PM »
if your guests arr hungry and tired that might be your problem, also releasing animals into the wild will get you more fame and so will breeding endangerd animals.

Offline Friend

• Marine Biologist
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:36 PM »
somtimes viewing shelter things help ;)

Offline Xtreme

• Game Warden
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 11:33:07 AM »
Originally posted by mo15@Mar 6 2005, 10:56 AM
That's too bad. To keep my tundra exhibits, like the Polar Bear and Musk Ox, from getting bland, I just put boreal forest trees. Looks a lot cooler. But my computer can't handle a zoo bigger than eight exhibits, so there's no way I could get a five star zoo.  :P

lozlo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »
k ill try, i got most of the things right already just need to get some info people in there
anyone know's good anymalls to raise my fun animal status quickly?

samemo

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 10:50:48 PM »
monkeys are very popular and so is any baby animal, try to win awards to get your zoo fame up, and also keep animals happy, clean and feed.

kiwiactrss

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 04:46:30 PM »
I was surprised to find that you did not need 100% educational or entertaining animals for 5 stars which i got in i think July of my 3rd year (on the mysterious panda challenge).  So all i can say is dont stress too much about the educational side - all i did was to have everyone happy and quite a few mixed exhibits (okapis and lemurs work really well) that just seemed to make everyone happy.  Also having the lemurs/ okapis and the mountain gorillas near the entrance seemed to make people happy the minute they arrived - and then have cool animals like the snow leopard at the back so they need to walk by all the other exhibits.  One thing I did have though and which proved to be the most successful animals (in popularity and donations) was having the ibex's with hills and valleys in their exhibit - everyone - including the animals seemed to love it and they bred like crazy..... Good luck.....

Polaris

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 12:00:46 AM »
*Nod* Kiwiactrss has some good suggestions :) Another thing which you, like I did, might realize once the zoo gets big enough is that the zookeepers aren't really too dedicated when it comes to their job. I had stuck at 4 - 4½ stars, and in order to finally get up to 5, I did the following:
-Make super-sure that all exhibits have the right plants, flowers etc (only from correct continent)
-Placed out guides. I didn't have a million but I tried to have as many as I could afford
-Re-shaped the exhibits. If the normal shape is like this:
|-----|
|......|
|-----|
I made it more like this:
|--|.|-|
|...--..|
|------|
Sorry, not the best way to explain it :) But basically the guests could walk "into" the exhbibit. That way they get a closer look to the animals no matter where they are located at the time. Those areas I of course filled with donation boxes, those things they stand under (sorry, english isn't my first language, don't remember what they're called XD) and binoculars. A guide too if it can fit in somewhere. They took a little bit of time before the guests saw the new formations but they seemed to love them.
-Make sure the animal has a lot to play with, as someone mentioned. Guests are more happy when the animals are doing something fun.
-Once you are sure everything else is right, go on a round to clean every exhbibit, since chances are the keepers haven't done the best job. Fill up bowls, clean the animals, clean the exhibits etc. I found this can make a really big difference.
-If one animal craves too much attention/soils its exhibit too much, it can be an idea to get rid off it. My peafowl drove me nuts, so close to the end I exchanged them for some other animal (don't remmember which it was, though) which meant I didn't have to run back and clean that exhibit as often.

Once you get 5 stars, save your game and try to cancel animals until you get it. If you don't get it, it could be a start to go back to the main menu, open the file again and try again until you get it, preferably not in the last slot. I know my park went down to 4 ½ again, but as long as the panda isn't in the last slot and already loading when that happens, you should be fine.

Just a note once you get the pandas... Haha, at first I thought the goal was just to get one, so I was a bit disappointed when I realized I had to breed them. Keep in mind that pandas don't always get pregnant at the 1st try, so you don't get evil surprises like I did ;) Mine got pregnant at the 3rd try I think. I actually bought a 2nd female in the hopes he'd reach one of them faster, but in the end he bred with the one you got for "free" :)

Offline Rotipher

• Pooper Scooper
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 03:09:38 PM »
"That's too bad. To keep my tundra exhibits, like the Polar Bear and Musk Ox, from getting bland, I just put boreal forest trees. Looks a lot cooler. But my computer can't handle a zoo bigger than eight exhibits, so there's no way I could get a five star zoo.  :P"

You may be able to avoid the penalty for "wrong vegetation" by including a little area of elevation in your exhibit -- one that's so tall, it doesn't count as "in" the exhibit; you can test if it's tall enough by checking if the elevated patch gets highlighted when you assign a zookeeper to the area -- and sticking the boreal trees on that.  The trees will technically not be a part of the exhibit (even if they're on a tiny mesa in the middle of the exhibit), so hopefully they won't count against you for habitat quality.

Offline Eagle One

• Game Warden
    • http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 03:34:47 PM »
Check out the animal stragity guide at http://eagleonenet.com/ztempire/index.php?...y_view&iden=138  it will help you to make the best possible animal exhibit

Ges

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 06:58:08 PM »
Thanks for the link Eagle One! I've been searching for that kind of extensive information for a while, big help!  :lol

Stealth Jaguar

Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 02:19:46 PM »
I'm having a rough time trying to get 5 stars too.

Offline Typhoon

• Marine Biologist
    • http://s9.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Plaza/index.php?act=idx
Getting 5 Stars
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 06:46:28 PM »
I haven't been able even get 3 stars. Its very difficult.