Author Topic: i need some ideas for exibet building  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Lui

• Pooper Scooper
i need some ideas for exibet building
« on: August 15, 2006, 02:28:29 PM »
i would like some ideas for making a good zoo exhibet with mixed species and stuff like dat

Offline Tiger88

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:51:42 PM »
Well you could also do that classic safari type thing where u get like 50 million savanna animals and put them all in a real big exibit with a jeep tour goin through it. or u could have two kinds of hoofed mammals in 1 exibit. mixed kinds of primates in a rainforest thing with like a cool looking waterfall goin through is always pretty cool lookin. sometimes to make it seem realistic make there be some hills to have secrecy for animals or something and its not like land is always flat.... i hope that helped a little:zorro:  :loony: :ninja: :violin:  :kittydanc i love these smilies

Offline Lui

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:21:25 PM »
thanks tiger88

Offline ALIEN=REAL

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »
One thing I have done make a "Swim With Animals" exhibit. First make an exhibit, not a tank, surounded by deep water, then you put a fence in the middle of the water, and your done.

Offline Markydidit

• Pooper Scooper
Re: i need some ideas for exibet building
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 05:58:32 AM »
Well Tiger, you know in the beginning of the game it walks through the perfect zoo? Well I know how to do the raised hilled exhibits.

1. Make a C out of a fence (any fence) with 2 spaces inbetween the space.

2. Then create a cliff click twice then flaten the terrain so the entire "C" is surrounded by cliffs except for one side.

3. Then make a fence on the open side make a ditch so they don't get out.

4. Make the exhibit then your done!    :ty1:

Offline Jaguar

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Building the exhibit you want can be very difficult, and I often find myself very frustrated. :slol:

But if you want tips, then here we go:

• Try imagining what you want your exhibit to look like before trying to make it in the game. Never, and I say never for a good reason, never think an exhibit out in your head and build it in the game at the same time, it makes everything so much harder to me.
  • Try looking at zoos that have exhibits that are world renowned, such as the Bronx Zoo, San Diego Zoo, Louisville Zoo, and so on.
  • Try to make it as if you want the animal to enjoy itself in the habitat your making for it, go in guest mode and ask yourself questions about it and such.

That's my two cents on it. :hammer2:

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:13:01 AM »
One mixed exhibit that's worked really well for me is combining the gorillas with okapis - my guests always give me good education donations for that one, and if you stick a jeep tour or something through it it works even better - just have lots of fog machines and stuff like that  :egggrin