Author Topic: Desert Critters attacking and killing?  (Read 8109 times)

Offline luckybunny

• Zookeeper
  • Don't kiss flamingoes- it's not healthy
Desert Critters attacking and killing?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:38 AM »
Quote from: Bjrichards
O.O the guests dug a tunnel into the polar bear exhibit

I guess the wanted to pet the 3000lb. 'fuffy teddy bears' LOL

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 01:27:39 PM »
Quote from: Bjrichards
actually a pride of lions can kill an adult :giraffe1: if they are hungry enough and cant find anything else

really, I didn't know that. Do you have apic or something?????

Offline Bjrichards

• Zookeeper
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 02:39:04 PM »
Quote from: orangemonkey22
really, I didn't know that. Do you have apic or something?????

i can but someone has to tell me how to upload images i alreay have an registered  for photobucket tho

Offline netherdragon

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 04:04:25 PM »
oddly ive never had a problem with the feccs foxes (misspelling sorry) also it seems reeeaallyyy unrealistic that a small 5-10 pound fox can kill a 90-100 pound baby oryx its just not right if you think about it.....realy.:blink: :sign_what

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 04:09:25 PM »
That's odd!
To tell you the truth that has never happened to me before.:blink: :sign_ques
:sign_what (Lil' John style!)
Quote from: netherdragon
also it seems reeeaallyyy unrealistic that a small 5-10 pound fox can kill a 90-100 pound baby oryx its just not right if you think about it.....realy.

Yeah. You're right. It DOES sound unrealistic.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 04:11:40 PM by african_elephant_2006 »

Offline Red Panda Twins

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
I never put fennec foxes with herbivores.  It did say they are carnivores, and if they worked together they might be able to take down a baby orynx.

Offline heppes

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006, 07:59:15 PM »
When my orynx(sp?) was killed, It was already an adult! and it was killed by a fennec fox! I was like.....weirded out. There is NO way a 10 lb fox can pull down a several hundred pound animal. It's just not likely unless they're like super man. lol

I find that fennec foxes are like rabbits! they breed soo fast! the guests absolutley love them tho...lol!

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 05:28:04 AM »
speaking of fennec foxes, can you put in two male fennecs without them killing each other?

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 07:15:06 AM »
definitely, as long as you keep enough space for them (and feed them), in my most recent zoo I put 2 males and 2 females in it, 2 years later I was up to Fennec Fox 98, with around 50 fennecs overrunning my exhibit

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
Quote from: alloy61
definitely, as long as you keep enough space for them (and feed them), in my most recent zoo I put 2 males and 2 females in it, 2 years later I was up to Fennec Fox 98, with around 50 fennecs overrunning my exhibit

ok, that's a lot of fennecs!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:  It's like the lions, tigers, and bears, and loads of other animals in zt1!!!!

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2006, 02:38:57 AM »
woah sounds like my lemurs ,seriously they won't stop breeding .nothing wrong with that except A, i started out with only a breeding pair and B,they where on a little island surround by water... and lemurs can't swim.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2006, 03:45:48 AM »
Quote from: starwolfie
woah sounds like my lemurs ,seriously they won't stop breeding .nothing wrong with that except A, i started out with only a breeding pair and B,they where on a little island surround by water... and lemurs can't swim.

what does that have to do with desert critters killing each other????? Hey, my 700th post!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!:IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA: :IloveZA:

Offline lubbah

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 09:41:14 AM »
Quote from: csleesburg
That IS weird! I mix fennecs with oryx and camels all the time!! I've NEVER had an 'attack and killed' death. Are you sure it was attacked and killed, or did it maybe just die from illness? Was its mother alive? :huh:

And, I always mix crocs and flamingoes and beavers and have never had a death from that, either! :shocked:
I have, in fact if you watch sometimes you can see the crocs chasing the flamingos.  Another deadly combination; Galapagos Tortoises and Komodo Dragons.  I think the dragons kill each other.

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 04:56:59 AM »
orange monkey22
it (the whole lemur breeding thing) reminds me of when a lion cub took down an adult ostrige(cant spell).

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2006, 04:59:02 AM »
orange monkey22
it (the whole lemur breeding thing) reminds me of when a lion cub took down an adult ostrige(cant spell).

did that really happen (in zt2)? if it did, that would be really funny!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 01:47:46 AM »
Quote from: orangemonkey22
did that really happen (in zt2)? if it did, that would be really funny!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

It was  ... werid because  an ostrige can genrally out run a lion cub and is probally heavier also i had no ostriges in the the exibet so i didnt think there was anything to be killed.Happy 700th post by the way.

Offline orangemonkey22

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 05:16:11 AM »
that's strange. And it's kinda late 2 congratulate on my 700th post, considering that this is my 750th post!:laughing: :laughing:

Offline Bjrichards

• Zookeeper
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 08:27:17 AM »
:blink: i just was playing ZT2 and a lion cub killed my masai calf....these babies are strong lol

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 12:10:34 AM »
I know .... maybe i need drug sniffer dogs in my zoos?

Offline Bigcatfan

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 07:33:18 PM »
Mabe you can have a wolf sniff drugs
:pooch: :01: :dog:

[modnotice=Bengal]This is very off topic and considered spam. Please do not bump old topics with nonsense.[/modnotice]

Offline cheech

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »
What am I doing wrong my crocs eat their children even though they have food and their enclosure is 10x12 squares

Offline Cuddly Panda

• Scientist
  • Boss of Cuddly Panda Films
    • Cuddly Panda Films - See my movies!
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 05:52:30 PM »
The other day I purchased a Nilemonitor named Martha and I got her a mate. After about a month, well, I found that Martha had killed her mate! I clicked on her, and her hunger was pressing. I put her next to my feeding area, and got her another mate.
After another month, she had killed the second mate too! And once again, her hunger was pressing.
Her third mate, Perepat, and her layed an egg. He hatched out to Bill.

Then Martha's days were coming to and end. she died of old age. :crying:

Bill matured into a mean, glean killing machine, just like his mother. Then, BILL KILLED HIS OWN FATHER!!! He's a canniball, just like his mum! :pinch:

Offline Dandelion Mane

• Zookeeper
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 09:18:07 PM »
It was  ... werid because  an ostrige can genrally out run a lion cub and is probally heavier also i had no ostriges in the the exibet so i didnt think there was anything to be killed.Happy 700th post by the way.

Not to mention what would happen if the ostrich kicked the lion cub :pinch: :whistling

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 09:20:49 PM »
I think BF should make the ai files more realistic when it come to predators and prey, I mean come on, once I had a wolverine chasing an elephant.

Offline germanwolf

• Gl?bal Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
  • Captian Jack is back
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 09:48:46 PM »
Quote from: Cuddly Panda
The other day I purchased a Nilemonitor named Martha and I got her a mate. After about a month, well, I found that Martha had killed her mate! I clicked on her, and her hunger was pressing. I put her next to my feeding area, and got her another mate.
After another month, she had killed the second mate too! And once again, her hunger was pressing.
Her third mate, Perepat, and her layed an egg. He hatched out to Bill.

Then Martha's days were coming to and end. she died of old age. :crying:

Bill matured into a mean, glean killing machine, just like his mother. Then, BILL KILLED HIS OWN FATHER!!! He's a canniball, just like his mum! :pinch:

Pretty much the same thing for me. I had two Nile Monitors, and they were all happy. the female was Saphira and the male Osiris. Saphira got pregnant. Then I recived a message saying Osiris was dead! Saphira had killed him and eaten him, because the food dish was not full! I think the girl Nile Monitors have some serious problems.