Author Topic: Tips For Creating Exzibits  (Read 3071 times)

gonewiththewind

Tips For Creating Exzibits
« on: May 29, 2005, 04:17:42 PM »
hey there :) i heve lots of tips 4 u for ZT2 4 creating exzibits

Offline CanineDude_55

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 04:21:48 PM »
ok! What are they?

gonewiththewind

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 04:23:49 PM »
my 1st tip is 4 the ringtail lemurs. make a low and cheap fence exzibit fill it with rainforest and things that the ringtail lemur likes then make an island in the center of the exzibit. the lemurs cant swim there4 they cant climb over the fence and escape.

gonewiththewind

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 04:30:12 PM »
my 2nd tip is 4 the polar bears. build an large exzibit with the tall bar fencing fill it with tundra. fill it with shallow water all the
way around except 1 side of the exzibit with land replace the fenceing ony around water with the low bar fencing.
replace the shallow water around the low fencing with deep watr then the cant escape and doesnt cost u much :w00t

gonewiththewind

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »
my 3rd tip is 4 the peafowl. guests dont care if the peafowl roam around the zoo without any fencing.
if ur going to do this pick a temperate map. place water bowls and food bowls all around ur zoo
so the peafowl dont get mad and hungry.

gonewiththewind

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 04:41:01 PM »
my 4th tip is 4 mixing species exzibits. here the animals that can be put in the same exzibit.
Safari:zebra,girrafe,gazelle,elephant,ostich
Temperate:red panda,giant panda
Rainforest:chimps,gorrilas
Tundra:polar bear,musk ox (downloaded at zoo admin)
Wetlands:hippo,nile croc, flamingo
Boreal:gizzly bear,moose

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 03:25:18 AM »
Would'nt the polar bear eat the ox, the croc eat the flamingo and the bear eat the moose? :erm

horsegirl

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 05:12:39 PM »
no unless the polar bear, croc or bear get hungry.

Offline Tyto alba

• Game Warden
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 05:24:23 PM »
Exactly, in ZT2 you can mix carnivores and herbivores with no problems, as long as you keep the carnivores fed, sometimes they still will stalk the herbivores, but they won't be eaten.

Offline boblus

• Affiliates
  • Zookeeper
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Zoo_Tycoon_Gold/
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 01:59:54 PM »
Wow, I never knew that! Thanks for the info! :lol

Offline karlhall39

• Zookeeper
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 02:02:16 PM »
Year ecept when the bears eat ech other but thats another thread

Offline Flame_tiger5

• Zookeeper
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 02:06:56 PM »
If you need exhibit building help check off topic San Diego Zoo topic

Farmer

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 02:59:10 PM »
Originally posted by Flame_tiger5@Jun 30 2005, 01:06 PM
If you need exhibit building help check off topic San Diego Zoo topic
Sorry, but am I missing something here? :crazy

Are there supposed to be tips somewhere?

Offline Wildlife Enthusiast

• Zookeeper
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 02:33:25 PM »
I have a great tip concerning the Battle of the Poo..... I decided to actually read parts of the strategy guide I have had since I first bought ZT2.  I don't know why I never thought about this myself, but it said that animals prefer to "relieve themselves" on dirt or rock (depending on the biome), so cover the entire exhibit with grass (or snow) then just make a patch of dirt or rock not far from the feeding area and preferably near a staff gate.  It says the zookeepers are more likely to clean up the poo, if they don't have search all over the exhibit for it!  (I tried it last night and the animals did go there most of the time!)  The guide also says to put the feeding area in front of the viewing area, b/c guest love watching the animals eat & will donate more $...  I always assumed they wouldn't be as interested in feeding time as they would the toys, so I just scattered the food throughout.  You do need to put water bowls throughout, though.

Another tip... Be careful to make the best view from your viewing area(s) by placing trees/rocks and such near in front of the fence in other areas.  It says this will increase the likelyhood of donations, b/c the guests have the best views where you have placed donation boxes.  Also, you won't have large crowds of people forming in places that you don't want them, b/c guest don't like it if their path is obstructed.

And another... The book says to use many donation boxes, and to put gift carts near every viewing area.  (That would be too costly for me, b/c I usually place several viewing canopies around each exhibit, but I did add a few more carts.)

And another... You should base your prices (low, moderate, high) on your fame level.  With 4 or 5 stars, you can get by with charging high prices with only small decreases in happiness when guests are "forced" to buy an item that is not their favorite.

And finally... go to this thread for the guide's info on guests' sight ranges.

Sorry for the length of this post!

Offline OryxLuver

• Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 02:48:06 PM »
wow thanx Wildlife Enthusiast those r sum great tips! i'm not a master at designing so this thread is great!! though about mixed exibits i mix gemsbok and asian elephants without a problem and the apes and okapi will live peacefully together!

Offline Zoo

• Game Warden
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 03:15:49 PM »
Cool tips everyone!

Offline lionzrfluffballz

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »
i found mixing all the animals 2gether in ther own biome was very successsfull but the entertaining thing in zoo fame was above half but not tht much higher. so wen i redesigned my zoo i made sure each animal was in a combined exhibet but the predators were in an exhibet 2gether and the plant eating animals together. once i had done this my entertainment from the animals went up immediatly. this i s probably coz the predators werent scaring the otha animals. this is kinda  tip so hope it helps.

Offline Tigeress_10

• ZA's craziest tigeress
  • Raptor Pack
  • Game Warden
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 03:45:25 AM »
Great tips all! :lol
In the meantime I do have one tip make sure that the food court is rightnear the entrance. And a gift shop. Guests will then see the chance to satisfy a need the moment they walk in.