Author Topic: Have you ever tried..  (Read 2288 times)

Offline heppes

• Pooper Scooper
Have you ever tried..
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:20:30 PM »
to make a zoo as close to the same layout to another zoo?

I went to the san diego zoo this weekend, and it has inspired me to attempt to make a zoo with the same exact layout and animals. but, i dont think that the layouts are big enough, and i'm not that good with proportions (spelling??) lol!
anyway, i thought that it would be a neat idea to try. same with the san diego zoo wild animal park, jurassic park, sea world (which i also visited). but, the jurassic park wont happen because the expansion pac has only a few different types of dinos. and untill MM comes out, the sea world wont happen. lol!

just wanted to know what other people thought of it.

:IloveZA:

Offline african_elephant_2006

• Zookeeper
  • Remember the elephants. Forget ivory!
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »
I used to try building a zoo similar to the Houston Zoo. The problem is map size as well as number of animal species.:original: :happy:

Offline LadyZookeeperNY

• Queen of the Checkerboard Paths!
  • Administrator
  • Game Warden
    • http://hometown.aol.com/ladyslopokes
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:45:58 PM »
I think attempting to recreate a real life zoo is very challenging, and even if you don't have all of the exact species of animals you can still let a little imagination take over. I have known of members who have downloaded and printed out the zoo maps of their favorite zoos, and did the best they could--which always turned out really fantastic! Just take it a bit at a time...and let your natural creativity blend in with reality. I think you'll be pleased with the results! :wub:

Offline zt2play'r

• Pooper Scooper
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »
I've made so much copies of the Seneca Park zoo(Rochester New York.)And I still can't get it right! The food couurt is always way to far ahead.and a bunch of other problems.

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 08:45:45 AM »
If they made more dinosaurs then making jurassic park would be fun, and it wasn't very clear what it looked like so you could use your imagination a little. But i'm not sure if guests will view animals through a fence while on a tour.:hmmm:

Offline baobob tree

• Zookeeper
    • http://
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »
i can't tell you how many times i have attempted that but failed heppes!  when i do this, one of three things always happens.  i either A) run out of room B) spend 3 hours building a perfect exhibit and find out the animals need more space or C) just plainly give up.  i seriously need to download the animal space requirements hack.

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »
They do. You could make prehistoric park, there are quite a few none dinos you could download. I tried to make dudley zoo but it dident work.

Offline marleybug

• Zookeeper
  • Arabians in Spring
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 09:00:50 AM »
I tried to make the national zoo in washington d.c. It did not work well though I ran out of space and animals.: :( :

Offline Chesterzoo_#1fan

• Pooper Scooper
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
I made a good west midlands safari park, the layout was good, the only thing i was missing was some antelopes and cattle, I also created a chester zoo but i ran out of space with about 4 animals to go.

Offline penguinbomber14

• Senior Zookeeper
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »
you could make smaller exhibits with the space requirements hack, but remember it only works on official animals.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
Oh! I was at the San Diego zoo a couple months ago! :woot: But, I have a map of the Wild Animal Park which doesn't has more ZT2 animals. I think. :pinch The other prob. is that I'd have to download user-made stuff, which I don't like doing (though everyone's projects are awesome! : :) : )

Offline Alpha Dilophosaur

• Scientist
  • I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
Have you ever tried..
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:24:11 PM »
I've tried once an awhile, but I've always seem to run ino these problems:

1) Animal dont have enough space
2)no enough of the right animals
3) not enough space on maps
4)Not able to make animal buildings and houses
5)Not the right scenery objects
6) Guests complaining about food courts being placed to far apart
And a whole lot of others