Author Topic: Can't Get Ibex for Challenge  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
Can't Get Ibex for Challenge
« on: August 20, 2006, 11:37:44 PM »
Hi again!  First off, thanks a lot to those who gave me tips and advice on my previous questions.  After tearing my hair out a few times and nearly giving up on the game, I suddenly have had huge success in my latest attempt.

But now I am having a strange problem.  I have a 5 star zoo, in my 2nd year of operation, with the entire zoo (large) filled out with animals from all over the world (8 exhibits total).  I've been given a photo challenge, and part of it is I have to take a photo of an Ibex resting in a stable.

Well...  I released my Ibexes into the wild awhile ago to make room for a different exihibit.  I went ahead and accepted the challenge, figuring I could adopt a new one and put it in an existing exhibit and get my photo...

I can't get the option to an adopt an Ibex!!  I have declined every single animal adoption repeatedly, and I am NEVER given an option to get a new Ibex!  I can get every single other animal existing in the game but NOT that one!

:pinch: :crying: :hairpull:

:sign_help

Anyone have any suggestions?  I don't see a way to cancel the challenge either.  Argh!  *sigh*

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 11:41:37 PM »
To decline the challenge go into the photo mode and right click to see the photos under the place where the photos go when you take them you should see the words decline this challenge

and yes ive noticed that too the game has a mean streak when it tells you to do something with an animal you dont have it takes forever to actually adopt that animal.

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »
Oh Hallelujah, thank you Red!!

Haven't tried it yet, but going to get it now.

What's really frustrating about it is that I've had Ibex's before in this same game.  One thought I actually just had was to try adopting a bunch of animals, instead of just declining, to see if an Ibex becomes available.  I might try that first, just to see.  If that does work, I'll post it here.

Offline alin90210

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
I hope I don't insult your intelligence with this comment, but is it possible that the ibex showed up but you didn't recognize it because you have the gender set at "female" and the female ibex doesn't have the big horns so you might have mistaken it for some other animal?

On a related note, if you buy all the quantities of a particular gender of an animal available at one time, that animal will get greyed out and you cannot refuse adoption unless you switch to the other gender, which will have the refuse button available.

Often I have to sit there refusing adoption like twenty times over to get the animal I want, but I usually don't have to do it for more than about 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:02:10 PM by alin90210 »

Offline Crystallyne

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:10:38 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I am positive I wasn't getting an Ibex.  If any animals came up that I wasn't sure about, I would look to see what they were.  Even if I thought I knew alredy what they were, if they were a hooved animal, I'd look.

Yeah, I knew about that about buying all of one gender and having to switch to the other gender to refuse adoption.

It took awhile for me but eventually I got my Ibex and completed my challenge.  I've since had similar circumstances with other animals.  Now I try to always keep up the animal I don't have, and cycle through the others.  So if that animal ever comes up in a challenge, I have it available.

Offline Amazon Serpentis

• Zookeeper
    • http://s3.invisionfree.com/Street_X/
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 08:44:03 PM »
This issue often pops up when you have half-a-million (give or take a few thousand) downloads. Sadly, there are no challenges for DL'ed animals, so I only keep them if I know I'm going to use them in the next Enclosure or two. Otherwise, I hate to say it like this, but they're kinda useless in a Challenge Game.:pinch: I still use them, don't get me wrong. But they're a lot easier to decline than the BF animals.

No offence to all creators, btw.:unsure: