Author Topic: Mixed Exhibits For Zt2  (Read 14775 times)

Offline lamna

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2005, 05:11:29 AM »
All animals except tundra animals are happy in grassland. i once mad a zoo with a small hearbavore exhibit with  Black Rhinoceros,Thompsons Gazelle,Common Zebra,Ostrich, Ibex, Gemsbok, Camael ,Red Kangaroo, and peafowl.

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2005, 05:45:42 AM »
did anyone here know that grassland animals are compatible with Temperate Forest?
There aren't any grassland animals in the game yet ! :huh

Offline lizardlips

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Roonil Wazlib
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2005, 06:49:30 AM »
Originally posted by Crookshankz227@Oct 15 2005, 06:45 AM
did anyone here know that grassland animals are compatible with Temperate Forest?
There aren't any grassland animals in the game yet ! :huh [/b]
I'll bet they're talking about user created animals. I don't know what problems you've had, but I've never had any problems with the forementioned animals.

Offline spike164uk

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 11:51:15 AM »
Personally I like making a big mountain with lake at top and waterfall in to flowing river down the side, and then a bit of flat terrrain. Always alpine, bits of 'snow' (tundra) at top. Then make the sides up to the mountain top from the lake too steep to climb and put Andean Flamingoe in there, then have Ibex and Snow Leopard on slopes (and Markhor once the exp is released). Also, when the exp is released you could have a chair lift going over the top, so guests can actually SEE the flamingoes  :happy

Offline ktesch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »
Dear Spike164uk,

I've proably asked you this before, but can't seem to find what topic it was under, but I've tried looking up Whitebacked Peafowl on the Net, and can't find it, yet I can find Albino Peacock, is there such a thing as a whitebacked peafowl? I've also tried Peacock instead of Peafowl with the same results. Can you tell me of some sites I might try?

Thank you.

KTesch

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 03:02:08 PM »
Originally posted by lamna@Oct 15 2005, 06:11 AM
All animals except tundra animals are happy in grassland. i once mad a zoo with a small hearbavore exhibit with  Black Rhinoceros,Thompsons Gazelle,Common Zebra,Ostrich, Ibex, Gemsbok, Camael ,Red Kangaroo, and peafowl.
I think every animal except the Emperor Penguin is happy in grassland...although I wouldn't put a Polar Bear in grassland anyway...even in a Zoo it isn't natural.

Superraptor

Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 03:04:24 PM »
Originally posted by Crookshankz227@Oct 15 2005, 06:45 AM
There aren't any grassland animals in the game yet ! :huh [/b]
Sure there are. There are several downloads of grassland animals.

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »
In the xp, you can house spectacled bears with other TF animals. Spectacled bears are herbiverous, so they won't eat other animals! :w00t

Offline Leveler

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »
I made a sick ape island with 8 gorillas, 8 orangs, 12 gibbons, and 12 chimps. It was sooooo cool and had a sky tram over it

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 08:41:36 PM »
What about lemurs? :huh

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2005, 07:41:22 AM »
Well, they aren't really apes...

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2005, 09:47:51 AM »
Yeah I know, but still. They'd make a nice little touch! :happy
I made a spectacled bear/koala mix exhibit. Not very exciting, but they were so cute together! :happy

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Oct 29 2005, 10:47 AM
I made a spectacled bear/koala mix exhibit. Not very exciting, but they were so cute together! :happy
Must have been unbearable...HA! Geddit? Unbearable - Un-BEAR-able? One is a bear, the other one is called a Koala Bear...oh, never mind.

What other mixed exhibits have you been able to do? I want to try some as soon as the game comes out in the UK.

Offline Zoo Animal

• Senior Zookeeper
    • http://www.freewebs.com/zootycoonjungle/index.htm
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2005, 02:59:44 PM »
for me,i made the ibex and markhor

Offline Ouch

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2005, 03:26:22 PM »
Well, at least it should be easier to construct than the the ZT1 versions...be honest, it was almost impossible to make the Markhor happy in ZT1, let alone mix it with something.

Offline Yoshi87

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2005, 01:06:16 PM »
I put many animals in my "African exhibit":
Dromedary camel, Cheetah, African elephant, Thomson gazelle, Giraffe, Lion, Ostrich, Black rhinoceros, Common zebra, Oryx, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Ring-tailed lemur, Black leopard, Okapi, Nile crocodile, hippopotamus and flamingoo.

Offline DinoBoy

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2005, 03:52:27 PM »
If you download a few animals from here, you can make a pretty cool African rainforest exhibit:
Eastern Bongo ((4))
Pygmy Hippopotamus ((3))
Okapi ((2))

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2005, 04:10:18 PM »
Originally posted by kiwibuddy@Oct 29 2005, 10:47 AM
well the bears kill them

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2005, 01:53:37 PM »
No they won't, theree is not anything about meat on the Zookeepers Recomendations.

Offline Gizmo1945

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »
In the XP I usually do wolf/wolverine/moose, ibex/mountain goat/ markhor, and bairds tapir/specacled bear.  I also like to mix Bengal tiger, white tiger, sri lanka leopard, black leopard, and african golden cat.

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2005, 01:58:53 PM »
Originally posted by Gizmo1945@Nov 7 2005, 03:57 PM
In the XP I usually do wolf/wolverine/moose, ibex/mountain goat/ markhor, and bairds tapir/specacled bear.  I also like to mix Bengal tiger, white tiger, sri lanka leopard, black leopard, and african golden cat.
where did you get the mountain goat

Offline Cheyenne

• Pooper Scooper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2005, 05:15:53 PM »
One nice mixed exhibit is Wolf/Wolverine/Bison. You may be able to throw in Moose and Grizzlies, but usualy I just mix Wolves with Bison. The wolves haven't killed any of my bison(While they do stalk them and then are chased off by other members of the herd) and guests give a message of "It's really cool that Grey Wolf 6 and American Bison 2 can live in the same biome!" Increasing popularity. Also if you mix Giant Pandas, Spectacled Bears, Koala Bears, and Red Pandas you will have a VERY popular exhibit on your hands and none of the animals will kill eachother because they're all herbivores. I haven't tried it but you may be able to throw in a few Spanish Lynx without a problem.

And while it's pretty obvious, Przewalski's Wild Horses and Bison are a good, relatively popular, combination.

Offline ky300

• Zookeeper
  • I got the master plan!
    • http://www.geocities.com/pocketc/kylescoolpage.html?1134233265890
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2005, 06:11:05 PM »
Beirds tapir, jaguar, and spectacled bear exhibits work out well ;)
Exept when the spectakled bear gets on the rainforest floor then the biome meter goes to highest level in green :erm
I have a picture of an exhibit like that only I don't know how to find the picture in the black hole of my computer. :sad  :(

Offline dootdoot

• Zookeeper
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2005, 06:16:11 PM »
A wolf/wolverine exhibit is good, and you don't have to worry about them killing eachother. They've got different fighting animations, so when a wolf challenges a wolverine, all the wolverines do is growl, and when the wolverines challenge wolves, they bark at them. Wolf/bear exhibits work well for the same reason. Don't do spanish lynx/lion though, because they have the same fighting animations and hence can kill eachother (I hade a lynx kill a lion before, I thought "that can't be right")

Offline Crookshankz227

• Game Warden
Mixed Exhibits For Zt2
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 09:01:43 PM »
I made this huge grassland mixed exhibit once :
Asian elephant/african elephant/flamigo/moose/zebra/gazelle/okapi/dromedary/gemsbok/kangaroo/chimpanzee/lemur/arabian oryx/ostrich !