Author Topic: Need help with marine shows!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline shrubflower

• Pooper Scooper
Need help with marine shows!
« on: November 03, 2006, 05:15:49 PM »
I'm having alot of trouble keeping the popularity of my animals' tricks up.  After each show, the popularity of each trick goes down! No matter what I do I cannot get them to raise back up!  What am I doing wrong?

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:08:21 AM »
There are actually two factors that can affect this: Are you tricks exctitng enough? And are you using the same trick too many times.  Guests do not like to see one trick more than twice.  Hope this helps a little.  Do you have a donation box near the show?

Offline chameleongeek

• Zookeeper
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:15:11 AM »
I'm having the same problem. I wonder if it's a bug? I had 3 belugas they were all trained at 5 stars for ALL of their tricks including the unlockables. They all performed in the show and never repeated a trick. The audience thought the show was terrible and I had it open for 1 year and it NEVER went above a 1/2 star show. When I sat in the stands everyone had the excited smiles above their head and had cooments like that was a neat trick, but when the show was over all of their comments were red like, That needs improvment and I though that show was terrible, I've seen better shows etc.) The most I got in donations was like $1,000 so I was always in the hole with that stupid thing.:angry:

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 10:23:19 AM »
Now that's strange.  I don't think its a bug, beacuse I've never had that problem.  How long is the show?  I'm not sure if I'm correct, but mabye the guests don't like sitting for long time in a show?  Also the show tank walls aren't too high either, right?  Because the guests may not be able to see the trick( although if there's happy faces that means they did see it)

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 10:27:39 AM »
I wonder if having multiple beluga whales doing the same trick still counts as the audience seeing tricks more than twice.

I found the best way to get a 5 star show is to put multiple species of animals in the show.  I used a Short-Finned Pilot Whale, a Dolphin, and an Otter to get 5 stars, and it took about four or five runs to get up to 5 stars.

With using one animal I could only get my show to two and a half stars.

Also it seems like some animals have more exciting tricks than others.  Like otters only have tricks that go up to 3.5 stars I think, so you couldn't get a 5 star show because even the best tricks aren't exciting enough to guests to fill up a whole show.  (Can't imagine why, though, because they are sooo cute!!!)  :laughing:  I have a feeling you could get a 5 star show, or close to one, using only dolphins.

Offline eye_of_the_tiger

• Zookeeper
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
yeah, multiple species shows make guests happy and they make you moola. i tend to combine cetaceans because they are easy with space and reusing props.

oh, and the best show makers are orcas, but the sea otters are sooo cute :wub:

Offline Lugger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 01:17:36 AM »
I have noticed that if your guest get splased by a show they will rate it poorly
also look at the star rating of each trick

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 01:31:13 AM »
Really? LOL that's the best bit of seeing shows like this!

Offline Lugger

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 04:06:05 AM »
Quote from: alloy61;154489
Really? LOL that's the best bit of seeing shows like this!

I agree but them guests might be water fobic

( i have only ever made 1 near 5 star show that was a dolphin show fully trained tricks it was 4 stars most of the time but as soon as i bought the upgraded show seating it went up because only standing guests were splashed)
Weird or what

Offline Peacenote

• Peaceful Music Soothes the Savage Soul
  • Global Moderator
  • Marine Biologist
    • Webshots Pictures
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 08:49:14 AM »
Yeah, seems kind of silly to me.

Do they only have upgraded seating for the single benches or is there something I have to do to unlock the upgraded seating for the full grandstands?

Offline shrubflower

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
Hmmm... at least I know I'm not the only one who has this problem.  Maybe it's the splash thing, because i put the tricks close to the front where the people could get splashed.  This is just a very annoying problem. Lol!

Well, I have been trying many different strategies, but the popularity of the tricks just won't stay put or go up.  They drop dramatically during and after each show no matter what.  I think I'm just going to have to give up on these shows... :(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:10:15 PM by shrubflower »

Offline riseofthedinos

• Zookeeper
  • Dinomantor 3:Rise Of the dinos
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »
I also notice something. the tricks are always not the probem. The popularity of tricks are based on the populatity of animals. belgas are good in all but not alot of people seem them in shows. Dolphins and orcas are the most popular in shows so i use them a lot. a belgu show is good and alll but would only make up to a 1 and a 1/2 sow two ate most. Oh yeah muti animals show to make a better show.:IloveZA:

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »
THe problem is probably that your shows are staying pretty much the same. Let's say you go to your local SeaWorld, and they have a show. And that show stays the same for 3 years, and you see it everyday. Would it still be as exciting as the first time you saw it? No. Same concept for ZT2. If you teach all of your animals all of the tricks in year one, and then put all of the tricks into the first show, then gradually, the marine show popularity will go down. You have to introduce things slowly over time to keep the interest level up.