Author Topic: Need help with trick ratings!  (Read 1269 times)

Offline shrubflower

• Pooper Scooper
Need help with trick ratings!
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »
I really need help with keeping my trick ratings up! After every show for every animal, the tricks fall from their maximum amount of stars to either 1 or 1/2 stars lower each show. No matter how well the animal is trained.  Are there any tips or ways to keep the stars from falling?  I didn't have this problem in the scenarios, but now in Challenge Mode.  It makes the game less fun for me if I can't use the shows.

Offline heklar

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:44:27 AM »
I have this problem too, and I haven't found a real solution. I have observed that multiple species help the show's rating, and no animal should perform any trick more than once. I have a show in which a beluga, two dolphins, two sealions and two short-finned pilot whales perform. I edit the show frequently and yet I cannot raise it above 3½ stars. I have considered adding an orca, just to see if this high-ranked animal will do something for my show rating.

Offline mikaboshi

• Little Miss Snarky Pants
  • Game Warden
  • Sweet Sassy Molassy!
    • Artifex
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »
Well, if guests see the same trick over and over again, it loses rating because it is boring. You need to train carefully, gradually adding more and more "cool" tricks to the show so that the people stay entertained.

Offline MarineManiac

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:46:07 AM »
The one thing I would say, is don't use the same trick more than twice.  Same goes even if each animal in the show does not perform the trick more than twice.  Also, guests don't like to see animals perform too often, they think the animlas get tired.  You might want to schedule some breaks in the show schedule.

Edit: LOL!  We all posted around the same time!