Author Topic: Raking in Dough (Money)  (Read 3267 times)

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Raking in Dough (Money)
« on: December 24, 2006, 09:41:40 AM »
Okay, I always seems to be on the verge of going into debt in all of the scenarios I do, my only real strategy to get a lot of money, is to set the zoo entrance price for free. Since I don't think it totally helps to have guests have to pay to get in. Therefore, more guests carrying money will visit the zoo. Even so, I always seem to be between 1,000-3,000 dollars. Does anyone else have any ideas to keep a stable amount of money? I also noticed that I never have enough money to purchase new things as my zoo fame increases. :sign_help

Offline Animalover44

• Raptor Pack
  • Senior Zookeeper
    • ZooMania
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »
Are your exhibits and buildings profitable?  Do guests make lots of donations?

Make sure that the guests are happy, they will be more inclined to donate.  If a building isn't making you any money, get rid of it.  I also don't research unless I absolutely need the item.

Using these principles, the current zoo that I am working on gets approximately $6000 a month and it's not even halfway done.

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:04:24 AM »
OK. first of all are you just building and building until your out of money? this isn't that profitable becuase people run out of money before they get anywhere, this also happens when you build a concession are right at the beginning of the zoo. Also to get some more money build fancier more exotic exibits when you begin and tone it down after about 3 exibits. I like to start with a bongo as my first exibit, it is very profitable. hope that helps. :merry:

Offline kiwibuddy

• Marine Biologist
  • Takahe
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 10:55:03 AM »
Quote from: Lt.Dan;168051
OK. first of all are you just building and building until your out of money? this isn't that profitable becuase people run out of money before they get anywhere.
Eh, hehe, that's kinda what I always do. :sweatingb I guess I'm just impatient when it comes to waiting for money to come in. :huh: I also research things like the compost building, information kiosk, but I never research food/drink stands since they're already available if you've unlocked different themed ones. But I do kinda go a little over the edge when I research. : :( : Thanks for the tips guys. :happy:

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »
a few more tips.

Moose and peafowls make a great dual biome/animal exibit plausible in the very early game, and also dont immediatly try to breed animals at the begining becuase you will end up with an over abundance of animals later.

if you are using any of the frogs made by users don't combine all of em and dont start with a lot.(they breed fast and frequently, and poop a lot.)

Offline ShenTirag

• Small and Bitter
  • Gl?bal Moderator
  • Senior Zookeeper
  • made in a factory and from a special kind of metal
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 11:52:22 AM »
I find that mixed exhibits rake in more cash than two separate exhibits, and are easier to build if you can get animals that have the same food/enrichment.

Offline pokefan

• Pooper Scooper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
hmmm well what i do is start with a small amount of cheap stuff....then so on and so forth  

and paying to get inside is helpful......start with middle amount and if your in a tight spot go on to a higher amount

it pays off in the end
: :P :

Offline roxanneallen3

• Pooper Scooper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 09:52:28 AM »
If its a scenario I usually sell all of the trees and rocks in the outside of the map. Also, using the terrain modifyer to enclose animals is usually quite more cost effective than anything.

I do also set the zoo to cheap, and then place alot of donation boxes. Gift stands also make alot of money and do not cost alot in upkeep.

I usually play in sandbox mode tho, for my luffly zoo creations :D

Offline duhfur

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
how many donation boxes? I usually place 1 per exihit (but I build against the wall not all the way around)

Offline starwolfie

• Zookeeper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 02:23:52 AM »
eh i don't worry about money all that much,because i genarally use sandbox .but when i do use challenge i genrelly set it to 5,500,000.

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »
I usually manage to raise my money by getting in popular animals; eg I was running fairly low, so I splurged on a couple of Giant Pandas and quickly made it all back in donations. My zoo fame also increased so I was able to set my ticket pricing higher and get more money that way.

If you can't afford one of the really exotic animals, try going to your Quick Stats, selecting the guests tab and arranging them by favourite (click on the animal-labelled sorting button.) The animal at the top will be the most popular animal among your existing guests. Pause the game, put in an exhibit with that animal, and wait for the donations to reel in.

Other big earners for my zoo are the family restaurant, the animal photo booth and the gift shop.

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:37:46 PM »
I usually delete the trees, rocks, and plants that aren't in the exhibits.: :P :

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
    • http://
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 10:58:53 PM »
You can also place gift carts and shops near exhibits.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 11:42:30 PM »
And if you realy need breed and let go some animals that are exotic or endangered. Your fame gose up and you get money for the  endangered animal. And some Big cats well bread as sone as you release the baby, or adop them out.

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 05:21:50 AM »
Admission price does not affect how many people visit your zoo. Do not set addmission to high if you have say, a camel. The people will think that they have been ripped off and donate very little money. Admission fees cannot replace donations. You can get away with high admission with a five star zoo. moderate with a 1-3 stars low with anything and free makes them donate extra.

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: Raking in Dough (Money)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »
the enrty fee does not affect people at all so set it to expensive and delete all scenery exept for some benches

Offline Toddy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.zoos.dk
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 10:16:27 AM »
I allways set my entrance to "expensive". Just keep the guests happy, and create educational habitats. Then your guests will donate more money  :cookie:

Offline Zoo Titan

• Zookeeper
  • The Valiant Knight, ready to defend at all costs
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »
That's not what the official guide says... :grad: ;)

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »
the official guide says wat BF thinks will work, not wat really works best

Offline norman53081

• Pooper Scooper
  • Ruler of my own country
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »
I wouldn't go by the guide myself...everything seems to work out better when I do it my own way

Offline Toddy

• Pooper Scooper
    • http://www.zoos.dk
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:27 PM »
I dont think that there is any specific method to create zoos, since all players have a different playing style. It took me 2 years of playing ZT2 challenge games, before i got the hang of it!

Offline Goldenmarmoset

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 04:58:17 PM »
I usually just put a small lake in the exhibit and a lot of trees and grasses so I dont have to waste so much money on food dishes.
I also dont put that many zookeepers or maintanence workers in my zoo until I have a lot of exhibits. It's just more fun if I do the work myself.

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »
i wish that ZT2 had cheats for money and stuff.

Offline Rockhopper

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 08:00:18 AM »
 :pman:  I normally delete half of the trees and plants to start with, to give me more money.

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 07:07:14 PM »
u shud delete all trees and plants instead of just haf