Author Topic: Beached Animals  (Read 3497 times)

Offline DarkXehanort

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« on: December 26, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
I need help! It seems my sharks, whales, and dolphins seem to get trapped on land all the time. I raised my tanks the highest it can get and I'm still having problems. And it only happens when they're off screen. I tried watching them for hours and they're okay. But when they're off screen, they become beached. Why is this happening? This is on Zoo Tycoon 2.

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 06:40:33 PM »
im not sure but this frequently happens to my marlins and manatees, the most probable reason is they get stuck under in or behind an object or land wich would cause a sort of a glitch sending them out of there exibits by force onto land ...beaching them. (kinda like when it says blank 1 needs more room! and it turns out they are just stuck in their own exibit.

Offline pokefan

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 07:06:24 PM »
lol like a very twisted launching pad lol

guest: ohh mommy look! its a flying shark! can we go pet it?
guest2: ok honey but dont let the zookeepers see...
guest3: ya-ahh!! ow! it bit my ankle!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 08:17:21 PM by pokefan »

Offline kittykelly214

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
lol, that happened to me, my orca all the sudden jumped out of its tank!:bounce:

Offline Packraptor

• Zookeeper
  • Don't make me go Jurassic on your butt!
Beached Animals
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:22:46 PM »
My orcas did that too. My male kept beaching himself in the nearby chimp exhibit. The chimps ignored him though, which would kinda be hard to do, considering a creature the size of a T.rex is flailing about nearby.

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
    • http://
Beached Animals
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:44:14 PM »
That sometimes happens when my orcas are on their way to a show. I'd be looking at the show and find one orca missing, only to find the missing orca beached. And there's no warning message. :pinch:

Offline DinoMania

• Zookeeper
  • Go!! Pokemon Team!!
Beached Animals
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
I Think you should try not to put building,rocks ect. near the tank walls becouse when i frist had mm2 my marine animals always used to "get beached"...:unsure:
Then i throuth about it and watch one of my tank, then my shark went over a large rock and poof it was beached. :shocked:  
So i removed the rocks and then i had no more beached animals.

Offline PolarBeartoo

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 07:12:37 AM »
Try to lower the tank floor, usually that works for me, some of the MM2 animals are deep water and need very deep tanks. I did find that with deep and large tanks i don´t have beached animals (even blue marlins).

Offline Hana

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 08:56:50 AM »
My marlins and belugas keep getting beached. What's funny is that the zookeepers run right by the beached animal. "I need to fill a food dish! Who cares if an animal is gasping for air on land!"

Offline Seadragon

• Zookeeper
  • Hunting for dogs...
Beached Animals
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 09:49:38 AM »
My dolphins keep doing that. :angry:  but it says that their stilll swimming in water...:huh:

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 10:39:08 AM »
The good thig is they won't die ike that until they are there for like about a month, and you do eventually get a warning message like    "Blank 1 is on land and can't breathe."

Offline DarkXehanort

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »
Well when I get a message like that sometimes the animal is still in the tank.

Offline SageofWater

• Raptor Pack
  • Zookeeper
Beached Animals
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 02:38:27 PM »
:wacko: :unsure: Mine seem to do this alot too but I just put them back in the water and keep on going. My sharks seem to beach themselves while trying to catch tuna :wacko: :unsure:.

Offline trumpetlover2323

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 11:03:56 AM »
I'm having problems with my beluga whales.  They keep ending up on the path next to their exhibit.

ZooFreak963

Beached Animals
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »
I haven't had that problem... yet. But my suggestion is to keep rocks,shelters, ect. away from the edges of the tank. Another thing I do is put water inside fencing and you can make the water as deep as land can go by the terrain thing/lower land... I haven't had any beached animals that way, and I've done that with; Narwals, Orcas, Dolphins, and manatees... so I hope that helps!!! :respect:

Offline supremeruler77

• Zookeeper
Beached Animals
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:55:25 AM »
i get warnings: "blackie is on land and cant breathe!"
my animals get beached on islands in their exhibits. also, they get stranded in shallow water and cant move, but theirs no warning.

quick question: if you put a white shark, which is a saltwater animal, into a grassland water, can they live? what about the tundra water? we assume it must be salt because their are mm animals in it, but how do the other animals drink it? srry, continuity

Offline Flames The Dragon

• Senior Zookeeper
Beached Animals
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »
it happends to all my sharks it is very annoying and once I had an Orca Alurq to exact in a show and at the end she jumped out and swam all over the grasss on the side of the tank:blink:

Offline hupdo1593

• Senior Zookeeper
  • Palawan peacock pheasant
Beached Animals
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 01:42:13 PM »
one time this happened to me, but it was kind of a situation where you would expect them to beach.
well, i was created a large coastal reserve, but instead of using tanks, i used a large pond. then, i found two of my false killer whales flapping around on the beach. i put them in the water, and everything was fine.

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »
in Hybrid tanks that happens a Lot. I had a manatee beach across the path next to the marlin exibit behind a bench and people "viewed " it even though it was out of the tank.:huh:

Offline Wolf Dragon

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »
If you have misplaced a zookeeper entrance that can happen

Offline Lt.Dan

• Pooper Scooper
Beached Animals
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »
how do you misplace a zookeeper entrance?

Offline catfan

• Zookeeper
  • Small or big, don't mess with the cat!
Beached Animals
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »
I sometimes have that problem (it's more of problems)

1.The message box says "so and so is beached on land!" I look and my animal is just swimming around, happily. That message keeps on coming, and it's starting to get annoying.:hairpull:

2.Whenever my orcas or dolphins are performing in shows, somehow they hit the wall and disapear. I look for it and find it on the ground. Once I had a dolphin show, and my dolphin disapeared after the show. Then it said "Lipper (my missing dolphin) is very sick!" I clicked on the message and found Lipper on the ground! He almost died!:crying:

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: Beached Animals
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 06:24:02 AM »
i once made a natural reef with out the tank(just for fun), and after one month in game time, most of my animals were beached and or diying