Author Topic: Overcrowded Exhibits  (Read 2677 times)

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
    • http://
Overcrowded Exhibits
« on: January 13, 2007, 04:40:02 AM »
How do you handle overcrowded exhibits? I tend to expand the exhibit, but it's difficult in campaign zoos. Releasing animals to the wild is difficult, since it is hard to predict how a particular animal's absence will affect the rest. So any ideas would be helpful.

Offline Eriorguez

• Zookeeper
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 06:55:36 AM »
I modded the .xml for that...

Try to expand the exibit. Release some of the lone wolf animals, and maybe release some babies if there are more that 2.

Offline Mistysun978

• Pooper Scooper
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:57 PM »
try to drop your animals to 2 or so mated animals so that you aren't dinged on guest happiness for animal lonliness. as soon as an animal grows up release them. other then that if you are still crowded and can't expand consider releasing the less popular animals in the exhibit. you get better rates for endangered animals in your zoo awards.

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 10:47:34 PM »
Thanks guys. It's more that I heard someplace that releasing a mother is bad for mammals. And I'm not sure what releasing the babies and males will do. What does your hack do, Eriorguez?

Offline RedNotDead

• Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin
  • Affiliates
  • Game Warden
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:44:07 AM »
ive already relesed a hack that allows you to have lots of animals in small spaces. and also sell the excess ones for money   they can be found in the zt2 hacks section.

Offline shecrock

• Zookeeper
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:58:54 AM »
you can adopped out animals to other zoo if you have to many mom's and babies. they seem to be ok with that at least for me

Offline Bep-Boi

• Zookeeper
  • The name's Boi. Bep-Boi.
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 06:10:38 PM »
My advice is use hacks  : :) :

Offline King Hoopla

• Zookeeper
  • The King of Excitment!
    • Zoo Tycoon Volcano
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
use hacks or bigger exhibits. Use the terrain tool to make big exhibits for free.

Offline alloy61

• Doctor Who nut
  • Copa Cabana
  • Scientist
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:44 AM »
Sometimes an animal's presence will actually endanger the other animals in your exhibit (e.g. snow leopard sons and fathers tend to fight to the death once the lad is grown) and usually I will adopt/release to the wild the first generation of children as often there are at least two sets of children from breeding pairs

With the family tree, maintaining viable breeding pairs is a bit more difficult, as long as the animals don't share the same mother they can breed together. Try and keep their 'name numbers' close together as well, just so they are around the same age and won't die before giving birth :cool:

Or you could just use the hacks...I personally don't, though I may use them in future especially as the money cheat was removed in MM2...:pinch:

On another note, be very careful with wolves and african wild dogs! They have alpha breeding pairs...:wacko:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:14:46 AM by alloy61 »

Offline WackyPanda

• Raptor Pack
  • Scientist
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
Thanks for the replies. The last point in alloy61's reply is exactly what I'm worried about. :wacko:

Offline Silver_Gryphon

• Pooper Scooper
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »
Ditto, I always keep a close eye on my canines and release the young as soon as they've grown up. It saves the zoo rating when guests aren't walking past seeing your wolves killing each other ~_~

Offline rosemaryninja

• Pooper Scooper
Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »
Quote from: alloy61;174945

On another note, be very careful with wolves and african wild dogs! They have alpha breeding pairs...:wacko:

My Ethiopian wolves don't seem to have alpha breeding pairs. Before I got them I read that the alpha pair will breed while the others help to take care of the pups. But right now I have several pregnancies going on at once, all between different mating pairs.

Offline scruffy

• Zookeeper
  • Youngest VideoGame Tester---13.5 Years Old
Re: Overcrowded Exhibits
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 04:37:29 PM »
i think that the best idea wuold be to relese all but a male and female(not related)

Offline ilovesimgolf

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 07:58:01 PM »
I always have issues with beavers. I let my sister design a zoo, and she had WAY to many beavers.

Any idea why?

Beavers are "Vulnerable" aren't they?

ilovesimgolf

Offline Fennec Nichov

• Compost Pile
  • Zookeeper
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 09:18:11 PM »
I just sell or release some.

Offline fizzfizzyfizz

• Pooper Scooper
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 04:15:33 AM »

Quote from: alloy61;174945

My Ethiopian wolves don't seem to have alpha breeding pairs. Before I got them I read that the alpha pair will breed while the others help to take care of the pups. But right now I have several pregnancies going on at once, all between different mating pairs.

With my African Wild dogs, one pair would have pups, but the other pair mated, the game said the female was pregnant, but when i checked the game said she wasn't. I know in the real world animal's can be barren, can they be in the game?